[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson vs Stone  (Read 17598 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Ellenson vs Stone
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
From The Quon right now. Very impressed with Henry. Twice took the rock coast to coast and scored. Tough, quick kid. Would love to see him in a Warrior uni.
Stone, not as basketball savvy. Slower to move up and down the court. IMHO, still raw, but with great potential. Ellenson is more ready right now.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Ellenson vs Stone
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
From The Quon right now. Very impressed with Henry. Twice took the rock coast to coast and scored. Tough, quick kid. Would love to see him in a Warrior uni.
Stone, not as basketball savvy. Slower to move up and down the court. IMHO, still raw, but with great potential. Ellenson is more ready right now.
OK, we don't need Stone so let's move on.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 06:33:05 PM »
Hate to say it, but Ellenson looks to be the prototypical Bo big man. Can shoot the three and is constantly movin'.
Stone is physically wider and could double his rebound total if he would follow the ball and crash the boards. Could see the "L" word bein' applied to his play. Like I said, a lotta untapped potential. Could be a beast with proper coachin' and motivation.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:36:33 PM »
Hate to say it, but Ellenson looks to be the prototypical Bo big man. Can shoot the three and is constantly movin'.
Stone is physically wider and could double his rebound total if he would follow the ball and crash the boards. Could see the "L" word bein' applied to his play. Like I said, a lotta untapped potential. Could be a beast with proper coachin' and motivation.

He plays like a lesbian?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
Stone fouls out. Out of position frequently and doesn't move his feet on defense. Ellenson beat him on the bounce at will.
Gotta say after watchin' these cats head to head, I'm down with Henry. He's perfect for Buzz' offense. Would be a big like we haven't had in eons. Not a traditional back to the basket dude, but yet traditional. Like his basketball IQ. Sic'em Buzz.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Dominican is poorly coached.Really sad.Diamond would do himself a favor and play for a good coach his senior year.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
BeeJay, where you at homie? You need to chime in on this puppy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
Ellenson is the son of Ellenson that committed to Marquette and then backed out to go to UW-madison, correct?

Is he even interested at Marquette?

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
John Ellenson was recruited by Majerus.When Rick left Dukiet came in.Ellenson did not like him and transferred to Wisconsin.Look for Henry to go to Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 07:41:31 PM »
I missed the game but saw some highlights.  Both seem to have their own skill sets but Stone still looks strong inside and plenty quick in the post.  More mobile than either of our current bigs with some good moves on offense.  Ellensen looked very impressive too but I don't think he will end up here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 08:04:18 PM »
Ellenson senior played at MU. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »
Ellenson senior played at MU. 

Yup, for about a year and a half or so. He transferred when I was a student to UW-madison. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 08:47:22 PM »
Yup, for about a year and a half or so. He transferred when I was a student to UW-madison. 

Badger scum.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »
Good stuff, 4ever. Agree completely on Stone across the board. Nice to hear the comments on Henry.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 06:54:18 AM »
John Ellenson was recruited by Majerus.When Rick left Dukiet came in.Ellenson did not like him and transferred to Wisconsin.Look for Henry to go to Wisconsin or Minnesota.

How hard are we pursuing Ellenson?

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 07:32:23 AM »
Stone would start from day 1 at Marquette despite some not being as impressed with him last night.

If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Slim

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 08:02:48 AM »
Stone would start from day 1 at Marquette despite some not being as impressed with him last night.

I read this and said to myself, B.S. - Buzz will never start him unless he deserves it.  Then I saw it was from you Ted, so it must have merit. I hope he comes here, and I hope you are right (And I hope he earns it)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Hate to say it, but Ellenson looks to be the prototypical Bo big man.
Gotta say after watchin' these cats head to head, I'm down with Henry. He's perfect for Buzz' offense.

Do Buzz and Bo run similar systems??

A little unfair to compare these two.  Henry is essentially a switchable who plays smaller and quicker than his size. He spends most of his time on the wing, outside of the 3 circle.
Diamond is a low post player.

To me it seems that Diamond has taken several steps back each year.  I don't know if it is the coaching, but it was obvious that he can get away with things (late weak side rotation to block a shot) simply because of the quality of the opponents in D4.  He looked terribly slow last night and out of position.  His post moves are very quick and smooth.  However, I have yet to see DS run.....a jog seems to fit him better.

BTW, BO sitting in front row directly behind Rice Lake bench.  2 guys wearing big MU sweatshirts sitting directly behind WFB DOM bench.  When they took a TO, it was cool to see.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:30:13 AM by We R Final Four »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:25 AM »
How hard are we pursuing Ellenson?
Check with Buzz. He is the man.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
Stone fouls out. Out of position frequently and doesn't move his feet on defense. Ellenson beat him on the bounce at will.
Gotta say after watchin' these cats head to head, I'm down with Henry. He's perfect for Buzz' offense. Would be a big like we haven't had in eons. Not a traditional back to the basket dude, but yet traditional. Like his basketball IQ. Sic'em Buzz.

Nice, lets scare our top recruit away from the school before he even gets here.   
Im cool about criticizing player that are already here, but lets not scare away a 5 star center.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
Too many sugar coated donuts, KW. Next time I'll check with you before posting truthful, valid observations. BTW, how many of your students are bein' held back this year 'cause they're underachievin'? Just as I thought. Let's just keep makin' excuses. Yep, everyone has an equal vote, a'ina?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:25:46 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
Too many sugar coated donuts, KW. Next time I'll check with you before posting truthful, valid observations. BTW, how many of your students are bein' held back this year 'cause they're underacheivin'? Just as I thought. Let's just keep makin' excuses. Yep, everyone has an equal vote, a'ina?

WTF are you talking about?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
stone listed at 6-10, 240, scout grade-96 and 5th ranked.  ellenson listed at 6-9, 250, scout grade 84, 49th ranked.  but i'd say stone has the higher probability to put the pounds on.  i'd be following him around the dinner table as he has the potential to become gardener-esk.  agree ellenson is a typical bo ryan player.  i'd like them both if we can fir them under the salary cap
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
Too many sugar coated donuts, KW. Next time I'll check with you before posting truthful, valid observations. BTW, how many of your students are bein' held back this year 'cause they're underachievin'? Just as I thought. Let's just keep makin' excuses. Yep, everyone has an equal vote, a'ina?

the decline and fall of the scoop...just sayin
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback