Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Junior out of Bucks camp  (Read 9780 times)

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
Re: Junior out of Bucks camp
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 03:18:29 AM »
Herb Kohl is a UW grad...and Junior is from MU. I am not saying this is an issue but Kohl has rarely if ever had MU players on his roster. This is real fishy. They couldn't iron this out before this?

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
Herb Kohl is a UW grad...and Junior is from MU. I am not saying this is an issue but Kohl has rarely if ever had MU players on his roster. This is real fishy. They couldn't iron this out before this?

Might be overthinking this one. Junior has no business at an NBA camp to begin with. I highly doubt an NBA owner saw to it a guy with no chance of making his team didn't make it south of the borther due to visa issues.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 07:58:27 AM »
I believe the Visa story, because why would they need to cover up the fact that they released him?  It happens all the time.  What I do find amazing is that they let something like this happen.  When is that last time you heard of a professional athlete being affected by immigration issues?

Herb should have consulted with the Admirals on this.  I am sure pro hockey has this down cold (pardon the pun).
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:26 AM »

I don't think Kohl has a grudge against MU players.  Otherwise why issue the invite at all?

I think it was either ineptitude on the Bucks part for not getting the Visa work done...or perhaps on Junior's agents part for not adequately informing the Bucks of his nationality.  I mean I am assuming that Bucks players have to fill out an I9 on the first day of work like everyone else.  And it could have been then that they realized he wasn't a US citizen.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
I believe the Visa story, because why would they need to cover up the fact that they released him?  It happens all the time.  What I do find amazing is that they let something like this happen.  When is that last time you heard of a professional athlete being affected by immigration issues?

Herb should have consulted with the Admirals on this.  I am sure pro hockey has this down cold (pardon the pun).

What makes me think that it wasn't entirely the Bucks fault is that they have plenty of foreign players...including their first round pick from Greece.