Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Is Marquette a top-20 program?  (Read 33361 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Is Marquette a top-20 program?
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
Well, the Ducks have Blue beat in one crucial category:

Is Emily Ratajkowski in the house?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
In the last 25 years we've hired 4 coaches, 3 have taken us to at least the Sweet 16 - I don't get why they worry so about our coach leaving.

And the 4th coach won the post-game bar scene like no other.

Hiring coaches is our thing.

Amen brother

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 02:20:21 PM »
Posts like these are why it is so great to have Keefe back on the board.

Consider the Interwebs an open bar... you don't have to go straight for the Macallen 1949, but why one would drink the rail scotch Keefe is serving is beyond comprehension.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
As a University of Michigan Alumnus and Benefactor I can confirm that David Brandon told the contributing alumni base at a fund raising luncheon that Rodriguez' downfall was entirely due to two factors: Compliance problems with the regulatory authorities and the abysmal, degrading treatment of players.

When All-American Justin Boren transferred from Michigan to Ohio people knew there were serious problems. The fact that he never beat Ohio or MSU made it easier, perhaps, but Brandon never mentioned on-field performance.

Lloyd Carr is a decent, honorable man who bleeds Maize and Blue. To suggest that Lloyd Carr actively subverted Rodriguez is absurd. Rodriguez self-immolated for reasons of integrity, character, and personal rectitude. His behavior forced UofM to dismiss him for cause. I have no idea who your inside Wolverine source is but I doubt he knows more about the matter than David Brandon.   
What's funny is that I am not a college football fan and particularly not a Wolverine fan.   But I AM a fan of free golf at exclusive private clubs.   When golfing buddies needed a 4th for a Michigan (Maize and Blue club?) fundraiser after an actual Wolverine fan dropped out, they called me.  After the round, over drinks, a couple of former players under Lloyd Carr were sitting at the next table regaling each other with stories of what Lloyd had done to RichRod.   They were bragging about it, as they all thought RR sucked.    So, I believe that you were told that.   I also know that there are stories contrary to the party line out there being told by former players. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2013, 06:00:52 AM »
Seth Greenberg thinks we are - "As long as Williams is the head coach of the Golden Eagles they will be a top-20 program." (ESPN article on future power rankings in CBB).

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
Seth Greenberg thinks we are - "As long as Williams is the head coach of the Golden Eagles they will be a top-20 program." (ESPN article on future power rankings in CBB).

Seth is a pretty smart guy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »
Good lookin' daughters can make one a pretty smart guy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »
Good lookin' daughters can make one a pretty smart anxiety-ridden guy.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
Consider the Interwebs an open bar... you don't have to go straight for the Macallen 1949, but why one would drink the rail scotch Keefe is serving is beyond comprehension.

Benny

Hailing Macallan (note spelling) as the epitome of single malts betrays your lack of sophistication in the art. Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, and Macallan are industrial offerings that are solid though not terribly distinguished products. Macallan is testament to the strength of marketing. But being mentioned by James Bond or having Annie Liebovitz photograph your product does not translate into best of breed distinction. One of the more cynical gimmicks employed by Macallan  is a "special line" of product aged in bourbon casks. Aficionados, devotees, and connoisseurs rightly castigated this initiative as a bastardization of an established art. Macallan has long touted itself as a Speyside though it is not in any way connected with that region.

My rail scotch would include Oban, Lagavulin, and Laphroaig 12s and 14s which offer a depth, texture and complexity that Macallan cannot possibly match. And these are my rail choices.   

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
What's funny is that I am not a college football fan and particularly not a Wolverine fan.   But I AM a fan of free golf at exclusive private clubs.   When golfing buddies needed a 4th for a Michigan (Maize and Blue club?) fundraiser after an actual Wolverine fan dropped out, they called me.  After the round, over drinks, a couple of former players under Lloyd Carr were sitting at the next table regaling each other with stories of what Lloyd had done to RichRod.   They were bragging about it, as they all thought RR sucked.    So, I believe that you were told that.   I also know that there are stories contrary to the party line out there being told by former players. 

I was at an alumni luncheon hosted by the AD a few years back and he was barraged with questions about RR. He mentioned no specifics but said clearly that Michigan demands accountability on matters involving possible NCAA violations and treating everyone with dignity and respect. He did reference Moeller's dismissal as an example of the standard to which Michigan coaches were to be held.

Brandon was asked about Les Miles and he stated clearly that Les miles was at no time considered for the Michigan coaching job.

I am still skeptical that Lloyd Carr did anything to undermine RR. While there may be drunken banter to that effect it is hard to believe that a straight arrow like Carr would engage in anything that unseemly. 

Death on call

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
Well, the Ducks have Blue beat in one crucial category:

Now hit me with some pics of MU girls. How do we stack up against O Ducks?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »
My guess is his top 20 are in no order
Duke
NC
Kentucky
AZ
Kansas
Michigan
Michigan State
OSU
Wisconsin
IU
Florida
Louisville
Syracuse
Memphis
UConn
Gonzaga
Georgetown
Illinois
UCLA
Nova

15 seem pretty obvious to me....the last 5 or so could easily include Marquette but he has us at 21 or 22 which is no big slight

People have argued about a few of the others.  But until Gonzaga goes to a final 4 (nonetheless wins a championship) they have no business being in front of Marquette.

feedback