Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player  (Read 22762 times)

humanlung

• Team Captain
Re: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
Typical entitled LaCrosse Player. 
LaCrosse players are the most entitled elitist tools in the world.  The next time I meet a cool LaCrosse player will be my first.

School was stupid, should have gotten hockey and played in Kern Center

Hey, my kid is a high school LAX player and a good kid.  In fact, he's on a team full of good kids.  Your comment is the same as me saying, "I've never met someone from Kenosha who isn't an inbred fool.  The next time I see a Kenosha native with an unimpaired genetic code will be my first." 

Both statements are grossly inaccurate and, in my opinion, inappropriate.

On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of lacrosse players in the U.S. who aren't a-holes, I respectfully request that you not make blanket statements.  In addition, it is the fastest growing youth sport in America for a reason, you might want to get used to LAX being around.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »
Hey, my kid is a high school LAX player and a good kid.  In fact, he's on a team full of good kids.  Your comment is the same as me saying, "I've never met someone from Kenosha who isn't an inbred fool.  The next time I see a Kenosha native with an unimpaired genetic code will be my first." 

On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of lacrosse players in the U.S. who aren't a-holes, I respectfully request that you not make blanket statements.  In addition, it is the fastest growing youth sport in America for a reason, you might want to get used to LAX being around.
Well you would be true about 75 percent of Kenosha with the statement. 
LaCrosse players as a whole and in general come from extremely wealthy families in well to do neighborhoods and very few of them will ever come close to living the life of a normal American.  Those are just the facts.      Just as you can say that most people in Kenosha are working class and have a propensity for trouble making.  Are their are few really nice places in Kenosha?  Yup but for the most part it is working class. 

And No, I have not met a LaCrosse player that is a down to earth regular guy.   So the first cool and down to earth LaCrosse Player I do meet will be the first.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 10:28:37 AM »

+1977, I've been playing the sport since 2nd grade and have nothing but good things to say about it. Sorry that it isn't popular in Wisconsin yet but to judge it off wanna be "lax bros" is just stupid.
Bring back FFP!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »

I remember when paintball was the fastest growing sport in America too.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:38 AM »
wait, so this cat drops acid and punches a female cop and the coach tells the rest of the team no drinking except for 1 day a week? 

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
I remember when paintball was the fastest growing sport in America too.

Very true.  I would, however. point out that paintball never attained a status that moved major U.S. universities to make it a scholarship sport.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »
Almost total sobriety.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:35 AM »
wait, so this cat drops acid and punches a female cop and the coach tells the rest of the team no drinking except for 1 day a week?  

That's idiotic, but at least the Coach has an excuse... he was on acid when he handed down that decree.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2013, 03:25:42 PM »
LaCrosse players as a whole and in general come from extremely wealthy families in well to do neighborhoods and very few of them will ever come close to living the life of a normal American.  Those are just the facts.      Just as you can say that most people in Kenosha are working class and have a propensity for trouble making.  Are their are few really nice places in Kenosha?  Yup but for the most part it is working class. 

And No, I have not met a LaCrosse player that is a down to earth regular guy.   So the first cool and down to earth LaCrosse Player I do meet will be the first.

Given the opportunity to apologize for your broad, sweeping generalization, you instead choose to throw kerosene on the fire.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2013, 02:55:08 AM »
I'm not sure if things have changed but my oldest son played LAX at Middlebury College and those kids were pretty well behaved. There is a tradition in NESCAC of teams getting together after the match for food and drink. While I'm sure their postgame celebrations involved some malted beverages I never heard of anything over the top.

If LAX has become more akin to rugby I would see that as a recent, unfortunate development.

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »

Not MY child!

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
In addition, it is the fastest growing youth sport in America for a reason, you might want to get used to LAX being around.

Another sport for white people that is permanently up and coming but never quite arrives, which, really, is how it's participants prefer.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

First of all, stop misspelling lacrosse.  La Crosse is a city....lacrosse is a game.

Second, what exactly does "living the life of a normal American" even mean?  And why do "working class people" have a greater propensity for trouble making?  Your posts are filled with dumb assumptions about people.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2013, 09:17:53 AM »
Another sport for white people that is permanently up and coming but never quite arrives, which, really, is how it's participants prefer.

Just as an aside, but related to your comment.  Jim Brown (of the Cleveland Browns...that horrendously offensive team name to some), was one of the finest lacrosse players in the country at Syracuse.  It's certainly made great strides out here.  It was non-existent at the high school level 10 years ago, but really popping up all over the place the last few years here.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:31:09 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »
West coast lacrosse is getting pretty good. Cali, Colorado, Arizona, and Washington all produce a number of D1 players each year and Denver U is constantly making the tournament and advancing pretty far. Really if you get an athlete to pickup a stick it's not too difficult to learn.
Bring back FFP!!!

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
Just as an aside, but related to your comment.  Jim Brown (of the Cleveland Browns...that horrendously offensive team name to some), was one of the finest lacrosse players in the country at Syracuse.  It's certainly made great strides out here.  It was non-existent at the high school level 10 years ago, but really popping up all over the place the last few years here.

Congrats.  You found the one exception!!   ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »

There are actually many "exceptions".  I bring up Brown because it goes back 50 years and he was one of the all-time greats.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
There are actually many "exceptions".  I bring up Brown because it goes back 50 years and he was one of the all-time greats.

Yeah, Kenosha has no idea what he's talking about. Don't listen to him regrading this topic, he probably can't even name the basic positions in lacrosse.
Bring back FFP!!!

leever

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »

Howard University has both a mens and womens lacrosse team.  Mostly African American, I would suppose.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »

Wanna grab a beer and I can prove you wrong?
Maigh Eo for Sam

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »

To drop a grenade across threads and leave...today's lacrosse has been adapted from what was originally a Redsk... er, Native American game.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
Yeah, Kenosha has no idea what he's talking about. Don't listen to him regrading this topic, he probably can't even name the basic positions in lacrosse.

Missionary?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »

Don't feed Kenosha, he's been bombastic, opinionated, uninformed and generally a real pain in the rear for years.

He typifies the statement "it is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »

Missionary?

Isn't there a wheel barrel position in Lacrosse?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback