Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player  (Read 22768 times)

Atticus

• All American
Re: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »
To drop a grenade across threads and leave...today's lacrosse has been adapted from what was originally a Redsk... er, Native American game.

The Iroquois are considered the founders of today's game. The tribe has even produced collegiate All-Americans and have their own team that competes in the World Lacrosse Championship.

http://iroquoisnationals.org/1.7/index.php/about-us

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
I'm not sure if things have changed but my oldest son played LAX at Middlebury College and those kids were pretty well behaved. There is a tradition in NESCAC of teams getting together after the match for food and drink. While I'm sure their postgame celebrations involved some malted beverages I never heard of anything over the top.

If LAX has become more akin to rugby I would see that as a recent, unfortunate development.

Don't compare us to those douchebags.  We might take our pants off at inopportune times, but we stick to booze and never hit women.  Neither can be said for the Marquette LAX team.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:59 PM »
Don't compare us to those douchebags.  We might take our pants off at inopportune times, but we stick to booze and never hit women.  Neither can be said for the Marquette LAX team.

Good to see part of NOT being a douchebag is making sweeping generalizations about an entire sports team at MU based on a single individual that acted independent of the team itself by all accounts.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »
Good to see part of NOT being a douchebag is making sweeping generalizations about an entire sports team at MU based on a single individual that acted independent of the team itself by all accounts.

Sanctimony!  I was responding to a sweeping generalization (about rugby players) with a generalization about MU LAX.  It is the theme of the thread, if you haven't noticed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »

I apologize. Your point is well taken. A Scottish colleague of mine in Jakarta who played rugby noted that, "Rugby is a working class game adopted by the upper class while football (soccer) is an aristocratic sport embraced by the masses."

I have had my head down 20 hours a day for the past two months and had not heard about the men's lacrosse team issues. Unfortunate, really. I would think the coach's ban on alcohol would have been comprehensive. Allowing a one day grace each week tends to stack the trouble. And nothing enforces community self-enforcement than deprivation, a behavioral trait long exploited by the military to drive conformity and compliance.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »
Isn't there a wheel barrel position in Lacrosse?

Stick length also important?  I suppose if you are a defender  :P

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »
Stick length also important?  I suppose if you are a defender  :P

Stick length is always important, only the ones who can't bring a red wood to the party say otherwise.  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."