Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player  (Read 22761 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Badger board really hoping some MU athlete in trouble is basketball player
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 06:43:20 PM »

PRN, where've you been?  Haven't seen you around here for awhile.

Good behavior.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
So if it was a bball player people would be calling for Buzz's head.  Is the LAX coach gonna get in trouble for this?  Is Larry on the way out for allowing it to happen?

Who called for Buzz's head in the past for much more serious offenses?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »
Who called for Buzz's head in the past for much more serious offenses?

Well, maybe not calling for his head, but I seem to recall that he got his wrists slapped and that was at least part of the reason for people thinking that his happy was being messed with.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »
Interesting it is LAX player if it turns out to be true.  Back in like 2006 the club team got banned for a year due to partying/hazing if i remember correctly.  From my understanding the club team morphed into the official mu team.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
I've heard they wanted to shut down the LAX program because all the stuff they do.

It's a huge money drain, and LW publicly questioned adding the program. I doubt they'd pull the plug, but this kind of stuff can't help.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
It's a huge money drain, and LW publicly questioned adding the program. I doubt they'd pull the plug, but this kind of stuff can't help.

Well here is the deal so far:
Kid has been expelled from MU.
Coach Amplo has put the boys on a 24 hour drinking rule for 6 days a week. So no drinking 24 hours before practice 6 days a week.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
Well here is the deal so far:
Kid has been expelled from MU.
Coach Amplo has put the boys on a 24 hour drinking rule for 6 days a week. So no drinking 24 hours before practice 6 days a week.

That's a little different than the 24 hour drinking rule we had in place in college

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

That's a little different than the 24 hour drinking rule we had in place in college

I know.  They get 1 day a week  to get blitzed  and potentially have another 6' 2" guy slug another 5' and nothing women.  It's weak.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
I have heard some unfortunate things about the newest athletes on campus, this report notwithstanding.

What did people expect when MU started giving athletic scholarships to traditionals fresh out of wealthy suburban high schools? Surely Scott and Larry should have seen this coming.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »
What did people expect when MU started giving athletic scholarships to traditionals fresh out of wealthy suburban high schools? Surely Scott and Larry should have seen this coming.

Traditionals?  What an odd definition you have of them....almost as if you base it on race.  Weird.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »

I'll bite.  I know lots of girls and boys out of wealthy burbs who are 2013 recruits.  Squeaky clean kids.   Anyone dropping meth or LSD isn't what they were and its happened countless times over the last 60 years.  What is different is these burbs kids going into a city like Milwaukee and finding buried treasure.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »
Traditionals?  What an odd definition you have of them....almost as if you base it on race.  Weird.

I am shocked, sir, shocked and outraged. Just as you seek more traditionals of all races, colors and creeds from the dairy farms of Wisconsin for our basketball team, so do I caution against recruiting traditionals of all races, colors and creeds from the wealthy Chicago suburbs for our lacrosse team. Why do you always have to make it about race?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
I'll bite.  I know lots of girls and boys out of wealthy burbs who are 2013 recruits.  Squeaky clean kids.   Anyone dropping meth or LSD isn't what they were and its happened countless times over the last 60 years.  What is different is these burbs kids going into a city like Milwaukee and finding buried treasure.

Sarcasm.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:49 PM »
I am shocked, sir, shocked and outraged. Just as you seek more traditionals of all races, colors and creeds from the dairy farms of Wisconsin for our basketball team, so do I caution against recruiting traditionals of all races, colors and creeds from the wealthy Chicago suburbs for our lacrosse team. Why do you always have to make it about race?

Most of the recruits aren't from chi town. They are from everywhere east of the Mississippi.  These kids just want to play D1 against the best.  Sometimes meth, hash, heroin and acid detour a kid.  It's not a new story.    LAX is a new sport at MU and many others and the recruits have been grinding since 5th grade. This isn't a sport with agents lurking in the shadows offering millions to the suckers.  Lets hope the other student athletes learn from this boys saga.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »
I have heard some unfortunate things about the newest athletes on campus, this report notwithstanding.
Typical entitled LaCrosse Player. 
LaCrosse players are the most entitled elitist tools in the world.  The next time I meet a cool LaCrosse player will be my first.

School was stupid, should have gotten hockey and played in Kern Center

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
Hockey goons, now there's a bunch who's as lily white and pure as the driven snow, hey?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:03:19 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

leever

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 08:59:39 AM »
Typical entitled LaCrosse Player. 
LaCrosse players are the most entitled elitist tools in the world.  The next time I meet a cool LaCrosse player will be my first.

School was stupid, should have gotten hockey and played in Kern Center

No playas in LaCrosse, Kenosha?  Don't be a hater.  How can you be a LaCrosse hater but be OK with Kenosha?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 09:01:50 AM »
So no drinking, but you can pop all the Mollys you can handle?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »
Most of the recruits aren't from chi town.

MU LAX has 11 players from NY, 10 from PA, 8 from Canada, 4 from NJ, and two from IL.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 09:28:58 AM »
Same issues that UW had in the 60's. Too many radical liberals from the east coast.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »
MU LAX has 11 players from NY, 10 from PA, 8 from Canada, 4 from NJ, and two from IL.

And two from Michigan. They both went to my high school and are friends with my brothers who are students at MU right now.
Bring back FFP!!!

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
Here is an updated JS article on the matter.  Student broke the female officer's left orbital bone, gave her a nasal fracture and eight stitches.  Not cool.  Student involved was LAX player from Brightwaters, NY.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/marquette-university-student-on-acid-charged-with-assaulting-officer-b99102534z1-224550191.html

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »
Hockey goons, now there's a bunch who's as lily white and pure as the driven snow, hey?

I can tell you from experience that hockey players - generally speaking - are not the classiest people in the world and their dorms will knock a fly off poop from 1/2 mile away, but I'd take them over LAX players any day of the week.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 10:07:04 AM »
Hope he has a good lawyer.  Might be tough to avoid a felony conviction in a plea bargain.

I think we all know it was the drugs talking that night and I'm sure he's deeply ashamed but what's done is now done.  

Hey kids, pay attention.  Not a phone call I want.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »
Nobody would be calling for Buzz's head.
Nobody called for Buzz's head with far more serious allegations a few years back, and they sure wouldn't do so because a kid got messed up and took a swing at a cop.

Nobody on the MBB team was been brought up on charges or faced significant jail time.