Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Hill shortens list, down to Marquette, Mizzou?  (Read 47714 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Hill shortens list, down to Marquette, Mizzou?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
Yup, but Johnson is a Boo William's kid and most of the time they stay in the mid atlantic/south.  Florida State or UNC, we shall see.  The next two weeks will be crazy with committs.

Uh OK. Jamal Ferguson didn't (at first!)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
So... Totally unsubstantiated, but hearing some rumors of Todd mayo paying his way, through oj, that would allow buzz to oversign/get an extra commit.

Also, has anyone heard anything about Ivan uceda from spain?

Uceda info: "Ivan Cruz Uceda (PF) - A new name to the Canes recruiting ledger, Uceda is a junior college forward out of Spain by way of Harcum College in Pennsylvania. At 6'10", 230, Uceda is a European-style stretch 4 with rebounding prowess, averaging 16 points and 10.7 rebounds per game (a school record for rebounding average in a season). As a foreign prospect, Uceda is somewhat under the radar as compared to prospects who have played in front of American college coaches for years, but many top programs have taken note of his talents in the past year. In addition to Miami, Uceda lists offers from Marquette, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Ohio State, Penn State, and others. He confirmed to us at SOTU that he has is visiting UM September 7. Uceda would have two years of eligibility remaining at the Division I level. Look for our interview with Uceda later this month."

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2013/8/21/4643402/sotu-exclusive-let-the-visits-begin-see-who-is-visiting-canes-hoops
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:02:46 PM by jesmu84 »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
So... Totally unsubstantiated, but hearing some rumors of Todd mayo paying his way, through oj, that would allow buzz to oversign/get an extra commit.

Also, has anyone heard anything about Ivan uceda from spain?

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  For all of the suspensions, being sent home (even though all for his own good), Todd's going to allow Buzz to get another body on his brother's dime?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  For all of the suspensions, being sent home (even though all for his own good), Todd's going to allow Buzz to get another body on his brother's dime?

Well, I can't make sense of it for you. Again, they were rumors that I have heard. I was merely passing the potential information on to others. Maybe if anyone else could substantiate the claim, then there would be some validity to it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:14 AM »
Assuming the rumor that Mayo may pay his way next year is true, I could see it happening this way. Mayo expects to start this year and still probably thinks he is an NBA player. Given that he may have told Buzz that he plans to turn pro, if he has a good year. Vander averaged 14.8 points last year and Mayo averaged 9(?)pts as a freshmen, so it would not be unrealistic for him to score more than 14.8 that Vander did. Whether it is smart or not I could see him putting his name in the draft. Having told Buzz he might declare could of led to Buzz telling him he will use his scholarship on this year's recruiting class and that he will have to pay his own way, if he comes back and a scholarship is not available. Even though we need bigs Buzz is making a big effort to get a 2g, which to me is a further indication Buzz is not wanting to depend on Mayo being here next year. This of course is all speculation on my part.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
Assuming the rumor that Mayo may pay his way next year is true, I could see it happening this way. Mayo expects to start this year and still probably thinks he is an NBA player. Given that he may have told Buzz that he plans to turn pro, if he has a good year. Vander averaged 14.8 points last year and Mayo averaged 9(?)pts as a freshmen, so it would not be unrealistic for him to score more than 14.8 that Vander did. Whether it is smart or not I could see him putting his name in the draft. Having told Buzz he might declare could of led to Buzz telling him he will use his scholarship on this year's recruiting class and that he will have to pay his own way, if he comes back and a scholarship is not available. Even though we need bigs Buzz is making a big effort to get a 2g, which to me is a further indication Buzz is not wanting to depend on Mayo being here next year. This of course is all speculation on my part.

With all the talent on this team, I for sure do not see Mayo averaging 15 or so, if he does, watch out, MU will be really good if he does.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
Where do these here rumors originate? Mayo will no more be payin' his own way as will I be hittin' the finer parts of Kate Upton.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
With all the talent on this team, I for sure do not see Mayo averaging 15 or so, if he does, watch out, MU will be really good if he does.
He may score a lot because the team is not good. He will score more if JJJ is not ready to play. He will score more if Wilson pgs cannot score. He will score a lot less if JJJ is a big time stud and Duane is able to score.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:40:40 AM by bilsu »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »
He may score a lot because the team is not good.

What team is not good?  Marquette?  I think this team has the potential to become the best in the Buzz era.  If they can get the PG question answered, I think they could be very, very good.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »

What team is not good?  Marquette?  I think this team has the potential to become the best in the Buzz era.  If they can get the PG question answered, I think they could be very, very good.

I think he meant it more as a hypothetical.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 10:41:39 AM »
Where do these here rumors originate? Mayo will no more be payin' his own way as will I be hittin' the finer parts of Kate Upton.

Paying Todd's way is a drop in the bucket for O.J.  Forgive me, but I would venture to say that hitting Kate Upton's parts wouldn't be anything close to a drop in the bucket for you.  Heck, you might not even be a drop of anything to Kate Upton.

Melissa McCarthy would have been a better choice of celebrity for the point you were trying to make.  Even if it didn't have an angel's chance in hell of happening, at least it's something the rest of us could hope for.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »

Don't think he was saying that. Just that if Mayo is our leading scorer it may mean other players aren't performing and the offense needs him to shoot more. Not sure I agree. I think him being in double digits would be a great sign.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »
Sure, tuition is chump change to the Mayo klan. I get that. But, my point is no D-1 athlete is payin' full boat to help the ol' alma mater out.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Sure, tuition is chump change to the Mayo klan. I get that. But, my point is no D-1 athlete is payin' full boat to help the ol' alma mater out.
+1

My point exactly.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »

Especially not an All-American who is probably the most well known name in Big East basketball this year!

LIES!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 11:42:49 AM »

Age wise, sitting out another year to transfer would be tough for Todd.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »

Keep dreaming of them molars, dude.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »
http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2013/07/03/creightons-all-american-gives-up-scholarship-for-teammate/

MUEng92

• All American

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
Umm, isn't the person now paying that All American's way also the coach of said team?

Yes, and tuition is about 2-3% of that man's annual salary.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
Getting back to Mr. Hill, bad news.  At 24/7 Sports, there are now nine experts predicting Hill to Mizzou.  One new vote yesterday, two today, all since Buzz's visit.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »
Getting back to Mr. Hill, bad news.  At 24/7 Sports, there are now nine experts predicting Hill to Mizzou.  One new vote yesterday, two today, all since Buzz's visit.

They probably don't know stink, hey Murray?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
They probably don't know stink, hey Murray?

I'm guessing that Buzz has a pretty good idea by now which way it's going to go.  He's either got a secret smile or he's moving on.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »
And moving on is not terrible either.  It is hopefully either 4 star Marial Shayock or former 3 star Sam Cassell. Jr.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »

Almost as silly as belcher report.

feedback