2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443777 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1600 on: December 15, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
If Jerry Jones doesn't clean house after this season, he is a complete idiot.  How did Dallas even win a game this year with the defense they have.  Five straight possession TDs by GB in second half and, the offensive play calling was just diabolical.  Not a Cowboy fan, but just basic football at its worst for "Americas Team".

Heck, even Aikman/Buck, who just said one of the worst defeats in Cowboys history, could not believe it.

Packers are America's team lately

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1601 on: December 15, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
I'm not even getting into this anymore cutler>mccown that's it

Fair enough.  

Cutler just seems like a bighairywetcat. He's tough to like.

You may be right.  

brandx

« Reply #1602 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
Cowboys haven't won it yet.  If you were honest, you know that replay never should have happened as that was a hold \ PI playing Witten on that play.

Dallas still has a great chance of choking this, we have one of the worst defenses in NFL history

Worst coach/GM combo since Matt Millen in Detroit

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1603 on: December 15, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
After two fourth quarter comebacks, Packers can't think of replacing Flynn.

Right?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1604 on: December 15, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »
If Jerry Jones doesn't clean house after this season, he is a complete idiot.  How did Dallas even win a game this year with the defense they have.  Five straight possession TDs by GB in second half and, the offensive play calling was just diabolical.  Not a Cowboy fan, but just basic football at its worst for "Americas Team".

Heck, even Aikman/Buck, who just said one of the worst defeats in Cowboys history, could not believe it.

This what we do now.  Jerry is the owner and the GM.  Would any GM survive after going 16 years with one playoff win?  Of course not, but he won't fire himself.  

I just laugh now.  Like I said in this thread, I knew GB was going to win, because it's what Dallas does.  JJ created this mess years ago, and he refuses to take any ownership of it...no pun intended.

And Romo, it appears now that Romo audibled out of several run plays, which he is famous for doing.  Garrett throwing him under the bus, but in a way I don't blame him.  No excuse for it, but we've done it all year long.  

And the truly sad thing, we still control our own destiny.  LOL.  It's such an epic joke I've been numb to it for the last 10 years to be honest.  

EDIT:  Romo just admitted he audibled out of several runs.   Burlington, WI...please take your village idiot back.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:19:07 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1605 on: December 15, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
Packers are America's team lately

Not based on the annual polls done by Harris.

But if Dallas keeps doing this, they will lose that fake title.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/10/16/Research-and-Ratings/Harris-Poll.aspx

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1606 on: December 15, 2013, 07:26:41 PM »
This what we do now.  Jerry is the owner and the GM.  Would any GM survive after going 16 years with one playoff win?  Of course not, but he won't fire himself.  

I just laugh now.  Like I said in this thread, I knew GB was going to win, because it's what Dallas does.  JJ created this mess years ago, and he refuses to take any ownership of it...no pun intended.

And Romo, it appears now that Romo audibled out of several run plays, which he is famous for doing.  Garrett throwing him under the bus, but in a way I don't blame him.  No excuse for it, but we've done it all year long.  

And the truly sad thing, we still control our own destiny.  LOL.  It's such an epic joke I've been numb to it for the last 10 years to be honest.  

EDIT:  Romo just admitted he audibled out of several runs.   Burlington, WI...please take your village idiot back.

Garret allowed Romo to audible out of running plays?  Holy christ.  Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1607 on: December 15, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Garret allowed Romo to audible out of running plays?  Holy christ.  Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

I don't know if he "allowed it", but yes Romo has the option.  I would have been calling time out immediately if I heard him audible out of it, but that's my Boys for you.  He did it in the first half as well, with Dallas up big and they threw 3 straight times when they could have put the dagger in.  It's comical, it really is.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1608 on: December 15, 2013, 07:53:54 PM »
Rodgers has the same option.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1609 on: December 15, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
Is jay a hall of famer? No. But look around the league this year. Hell just look at some rosters where the QB position has been a rotating door in the last 5-10 years (bears and browns come to mind). Yes, Cutler is a good qb. But no, he can't win on his own - few nfl qbs can (brady, manning, brees, Rodgers currently). The question for the bears is much bigger than just "is jay a good qb?" You've gotta factor in age, injury history, finances, etc. I won't be surprised either way if they sign him or don't - I can see reasonable arguments both ways. If it were me, I'd dump some of the big contracts on the D side of the ball (peppers), rebuild/reinvest in the defense, franchise Cutler for a couple years and groom a young qb behind him - keep Cutler around for not sucking now, and build for the long term.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1610 on: December 15, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »
I think Dallas has a legit injury excuse on defense, at least somewhat, but I think it is safe to assume Garrett lost his job today.

It was nice to see Flynn play well. He looked like former GB Packer Matt Flynn in the second half. That, and Eddie Lacy is an absolute bitch. Very fun to watch him run the ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1611 on: December 15, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
I think Dallas has a legit injury excuse on defense, at least somewhat, but I think it is safe to assume Garrett lost his job today.

It was nice to see Flynn play well. He looked like former GB Packer Matt Flynn in the second half. That, and Eddie Lacy is an absolute bitch. Very fun to watch him run the ball.

Yeah, no kidding.  But he's too fat, right?  Thanks, NFL, for passing on Eddie Lacy, some teams twice.  If nothing else, many teams who have to play the Packers should've taken him just to keep him from the Packers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: December 15, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
McCown put up good numbers in back-to-back losses to last place teams yet people want him to remain the starter. Cutler puts up good numbers in a win against a last place team and people want him replaced. Everyone will see what they want to see.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1613 on: December 15, 2013, 09:13:09 PM »
So, in an attempt to make people's heads explode, if you had Super Bowl talent across your roster, but you had to choose your QB between Cutler and Romo, who you taking?

Pretty sure I'm taking Cutler.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: December 15, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »
Yeah, no kidding.  But he's too fat, right?  Thanks, NFL, for passing on Eddie Lacy, some teams twice.  If nothing else, many teams who have to play the Packers should've taken him just to keep him from the Packers.

Lacy has been solid this season, no doubt. However, given his size and running style, do you think he will still be an effective runner 2-3 years from now? I have a feeling that teams feared that he wasn't going to have the longevity that you'd like from a 1st or 2nd round pick.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1615 on: December 15, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »
Lacy has been solid this season, no doubt. However, given his size and running style, do you think he will still be an effective runner 2-3 years from now? I have a feeling that teams feared that he wasn't going to have the longevity that you'd like from a 1st or 2nd round pick.

In 2-3 years?  Yes, I definitely do.  I'm sure he will have to sit a game here and a game there, but 2-3 years into his career I definitely expect him to still be effective.  At 30?  No.  But the dude is a top 5 running back in the NFL and is only a rookie.  The fact that Montee Ball went before Eddie Lacy is a complete joke.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1616 on: December 15, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »
I'm a Packer fan.  I respect the Bears franchise, but hate them with a fan's passion.

The talk about Cutler is simply ridiculous.  He's an incredibly tough hombre, with a rocket arm.

His pass to Alshon Jeffery today was 55 yards of cannon.  Yes, incredible catch, but Jay threw it from 55 yards away.  More than half the fracking field.  

With Brandon and Alshon in Cutler's arsenal, the chatter about McCown makes little sense.  
Ludum habemus.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1617 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:22 PM »
So, in an attempt to make people's heads explode, if you had Super Bowl talent across your roster, but you had to choose your QB between Cutler and Romo, who you taking?

Pretty sure I'm taking Cutler.

Agree.
Ludum habemus.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1618 on: December 15, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks the Lions throttle the Ravens tomorrow?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1619 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »
Rodgers has the same option.

Of course he does, but it is the coaches JOB to control his players.  If Romo is doing that you call TO, or you yank him from the game.  Totally unacceptable.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1620 on: December 15, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Of course he does, but it is the coaches JOB to control his players.  If Romo is doing that you call TO, or you yank him from the game.  Totally unacceptable.

Yeah that's because the Cowboys power structure is completely f*cked. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks the Lions throttle the Ravens tomorrow?

They are so damn hard to predict...who knows.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1622 on: December 15, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »
In 2-3 years?  Yes, I definitely do.  I'm sure he will have to sit a game here and a game there, but 2-3 years into his career I definitely expect him to still be effective.  At 30?  No.  But the dude is a top 5 running back in the NFL and is only a rookie.  The fact that Montee Ball went before Eddie Lacy is a complete joke.

You don't really believe that, do you? Top 5 in the NFL? He's averaging under 4 yards per carry. Let's put it this way, which four guys are you taking off the list below (from the top of my head. I could be missing someone)?

Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Alfred Morris
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
Shady McCoy
Reggie Bush
DeMarco Murray

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1623 on: December 15, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
I'm a Packer fan.  I respect the Bears franchise, but hate them with a fan's passion.

The talk about Cutler is simply ridiculous.  He's an incredibly tough hombre, with a rocket arm.

His pass to Alshon Jeffery today was 55 yards of cannon.  Yes, incredible catch, but Jay threw it from 55 yards away.  More than half the fracking field.  

With Brandon and Alshon in Cutler's arsenal, the chatter about McCown makes little sense.  

On the money. He's never been and never will be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, but few are, but you can certainly put him in the next class of Rothlesberger, Eli, Romo, etc. McCown isn't close.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1624 on: December 15, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Just saw the QB that has the highest 4th quarter QBR on the season, begins with Cut ends with Ler.

feedback