collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443875 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1050 on: November 10, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
Vadger QB.

Aside from Wilson, who played one year for UW-madison and is really a product of NC State, the Vadgers haven't exactly lit the world on fired the last, oh, century in terms of QBs in the NFL.

Randy Wright
Brooks Bollinger
Neil Graff
Jim Sorgi
VanderKelen
Tolzien

I don't think Bevell ever even made a roster.  Decent college QBs, but just have had a tough time in the NFL.

You obviously don't recall the glory days of Arnie Herber.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: November 10, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »
One was clearly tipped.

If I were a Pack fan, I'd be much more concerned about the sinking ship that is Green Bay's season.

At some point, you run out of fingers and toes to plug all the holes.

Unless Rodgers has one of those Reggie White Jesus healings this week, they're toast.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: November 10, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
At some point, you run out of fingers and toes to plug all the holes.

Unless Rodgers has one of those Reggie White Jesus healings this week, they're toast.

I think they have to win the next two.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: November 10, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
Doesn't help that the Packer's defense is reverting to 2012 mode.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: November 10, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
Doesn't help that the Packer's defense is reverting to 2012 mode.

Even if Rodgers comes back soon, having Lions, Cowboys, Bears offenses still on the sked will not help.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: November 10, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
Bring back Cecil Isbell

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1056 on: November 10, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
Does Martin have the same violent past? I honestly don't know. I think that has to play into it.

I'm going with fast and loose, either way.  Do we know about Martin's past....seems very little mentioned about him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1057 on: November 10, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »
Even if Rodgers comes back soon, having Lions, Cowboys, Bears offenses still on the sked will not help.

With Rodgers back, the Pack will destroy the Cowboys "defense"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: November 10, 2013, 03:07:19 PM »
Two absurd conversion calls, baffling.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: November 10, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »
Pack it up. Shelve Cutler. Move up in the draft. Just my opinion.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: November 10, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
Two absurd conversion calls, baffling.

The first was a cliché.   Roll the quarterback right and try to hit a receiver in the corner.   The second was an attempt at deception that got blown up.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: November 10, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »
If Cutler starts.......  I predict Suh sacks him again and he re-injures his groin.   The NFL finds a way to fine Suh for the hit.     Another defensive injury for the Bears.   Ouch.   I am going to do something that I cannot ever remember doing before and predict the Lions win in Chicago.   Too many injuries on defense catches up to the Bears and the Lions win a shootout.    Having actually made that prediction, as a Lions fan I expect to be let down. 

I came close.   When they called roughing the passer on the first 2-point attempt, I was giddy, as I thought the Lions had found a new way to lose that I hadn't thought of.   After all of these years, they continue to amaze with their creative and innovative ways to lose or attempt to lose. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

brandx

« Reply #1062 on: November 10, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
Pack it up. Shelve Cutler. Move up in the draft. Just my opinion.

2 points as a GB fan.

1. Please Jay - stay healthy
2. The defense was a bigger problem today than Rodgers injury. Capers reminds me of Tom Landry or Chuck Noll where the game has passed him by. The defense cannot make the adjustments to improve in the 2nd half of games.

3. I think we can feel more comfortable with Tolzien as the backup this offseason rather than Harrell or Wallace or Young or Coleman

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: November 10, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
NO!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: November 10, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
2 points as a GB fan.

1. Please Jay - stay healthy
2. The defense was a bigger problem today than Rodgers injury. Capers reminds me of Tom Landry or Chuck Noll where the game has passed him by. The defense cannot make the adjustments to improve in the 2nd half of games.

3. I think we can feel more comfortable with Tolzien as the backup this offseason rather than Harrell or Wallace or Young or Coleman

I agree completely on 2 or 3.  I feel much better about Tolzien...but that defense is just terrible.  I think it is time for a new look there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »
Green Bay's defense is just as beat up as their offense.   Hard to be critical when the top 3 pass rushers are all injured.    GB has overcome injuries before and played well.    This year, it just isn't happening.    Look what happened to Indy today.   Sometimes, enough injuries reach critical mass and the on-field product spirals. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1066 on: November 10, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
As I said the other day, I thought it would be a big challenge to win 2 of 3.  I think it will be a big challenge to win 1 of 3 quite frankly.  After Rodgers gets back, you'll likely win all of those.  Finish 10-6.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1067 on: November 10, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »
As I said the other day, I thought it would be a big challenge to win 2 of 3.  I think it will be a big challenge to win 1 of 3 quite frankly.  After Rodgers gets back, you'll likely win all of those.  Finish 10-6.

Won't mean a thing, as the Lions are going to run away with the North.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: November 10, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
Dish, if there is a way to screw up a wet dream, the Lions will find it.    6-3 is nice, but it only means that they don't lose 11 games.    Any other team in the same situation, I agree with you.   But history shows that the Lions find a way.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: November 10, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
Dish, if there is a way to screw up a wet dream, the Lions will find it.    6-3 is nice, but it only means that they don't lose 11 games.    Any other team in the same situation, I agree with you.   But history shows that the Lions find a way.

Normally I would agree, but the rest of their sked looks like a Marquette non conf buy game sked. Easiest in league. Tiebreaker over Bears, win on Thanksgiving gives them all NFC North tiebreakers (assuming here they beat Vikes again, but even that game could be meaningless).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: November 10, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »
@Pittsburgh
vs Tampa
vs Green Bay
@ Philadelphia
vs Baltimore
vs NY Giants
@ Minnesota

Anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4.   20 years since Detroit last won the division.   If there is a way to mess it up, they will.    Of course, for Detroit to lose it, Chicago or GB have to play well enough to win it.    That may be the bigger challenge. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: November 10, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »

North has quickly turned into a giant suckfest.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: November 10, 2013, 08:26:22 PM »
Agreed.  I think the packers may end up being unbeatable the last couple weeks of the season when we get healthy, but by then it won't matter.  Just hoping for wild card right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: November 10, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
Agreed.  I think the packers may end up being unbeatable the last couple weeks of the season when we get healthy, but by then it won't matter.  Just hoping for wild card right now.

I thought that, but I'm not sure.  Are they ever going to really be healthy?  Finley obviously won't be back, will Cobb be fully healthy and the same player he was when he comes back?  When does he come back?  Does the defense get healthy?  If they get healthy, do they turn it back around (I felt like they were much improved early in the season, as of the last few weeks they look exactly like they did last year)?  I hope you're right, but I just don't know that the Packers get back to healthy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1074 on: November 10, 2013, 08:50:47 PM »

They might, but they aren't that good either quite frankly.

feedback