2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443773 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #975 on: November 07, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
What I find very interesting is that Bears fan will admit that Cutler can be a jerk but we defend him because he's OUR jerk. Packer fans are completely unwilling to even entertain the notion that Rodgers has some jerk-ish tendencies.

Well, duh. Nothing is wrong in Green Bay, ever.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #976 on: November 07, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
What I find very interesting is that Bears fan will admit that Cutler can be a jerk but we defend him because he's OUR jerk. Packer fans are completely unwilling to even entertain the notion that Rodgers has some jerk-ish tendencies.

Find me where anyone said that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #977 on: November 07, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
Packer fans are completely unwilling to even entertain the notion that Rodgers has some jerk-ish tendencies.

Good lord.  Learn to read. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #978 on: November 07, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
Find me where anyone said that.

Find me where any Packer fan admitted that Rodgers can be a jerk.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #979 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #980 on: November 07, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39352.msg527530#msg527530

"He clearly had an edge to him." I guess that's close.

Admittedly, I also found this (also from Sultan) but he also tries to justify with a "everyone else is too" and then calls Rodgers endearing. Awwww.
Can Rodgers be a douche?  Sure.  Every NFL quarterback can...and probably is.  But the difference is that Rodgers seems to have plenty of moments where he is pretty endearing.  You can't say that about Cutler.

You, Sultan, appear to be the exception to the rule.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #981 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »

Admittedly, I also found this (also from Sultan) but he also tries to justify with a "everyone else is too" and then calls Rodgers endearing. Awwww.
Can Rodgers be a douche?  Sure.  Every NFL quarterback can...and probably is.  But the difference is that Rodgers seems to have plenty of moments where he is pretty endearing.  You can't say that about Cutler.

lmao, because that is the same thing in your world.  Not a single person disagreed that he can be a douche so they must all think he isn't one ever!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #982 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »

I also said that I didn't disagree with your statement: " Rodgers isn't exactly a real warm and fuzzy guy. He's a bit of an aloof, stand-offish guy as well."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #983 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
lmao, because that is the same thing in your world.  Not a single person disagreed that he can be a douche so they must all think he isn't one ever!

Exactly.  Logic fail.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #984 on: November 07, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
lmao, because that is the same thing in your world.  Not a single person disagreed that he can be a douche so they must all think he isn't one ever!

Remember these comments:

I have never heard in the media that he is an arrogant, cocky, smartass.  Literally zero times.

Would you hire an arrogant, cocky, smartass to be the face of your commercial campaign?  I sure wouldn't.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14567073/twosecond-video-clip-doesnt-at-all-capture-rodgers  

Yeah, what a total arrogant, cocky, smartass.

Get real.

When you say sarcastically "Yeah, what a total arrogant, cocky, smartass. Get real." That's you refusing to acknowledge that Rodgers can be an arrogant, cocky smartass. In fact, you claim that a person who thinks such things needs a reality check.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:28:14 PM by MerrittsMustache »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #985 on: November 07, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »
anybody that mentions Todd Collins on this board again is a feckin dead man.

are you Incognito?   ;D

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #986 on: November 07, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »

I also said that I didn't disagree with your statement: " Rodgers isn't exactly a real warm and fuzzy guy. He's a bit of an aloof, stand-offish guy as well."
Standoffish, yeah.  Aloof, no.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #987 on: November 07, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
Soooo, as a Packer fan, I think I want Cutler and the Bears to do well on Sunday.
Ludum habemus.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »
Remember these comments:

I have never heard in the media that he is an arrogant, cocky, smartass.  Literally zero times.

Would you hire an arrogant, cocky, smartass to be the face of your commercial campaign?  I sure wouldn't.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14567073/twosecond-video-clip-doesnt-at-all-capture-rodgers  

Yeah, what a total arrogant, cocky, smartass.

Get real.

When you say sarcastically "Yeah, what a total arrogant, cocky, smartass. Get real." That's you refusing to acknowledge that Rodgers can be an arrogant, cocky smartass. In fact, you claim that a person who thinks such things needs a reality check.

No, again you are misappropriating what I said.  I said that I don't read about Rodgers being a arrogant, cocky, smartass anywhere.  Neither do you.  The one time the media tried to crucify him, they had to apologize because they jumped to a conclusion.  I never refused to acknowledge that Rodgers can be those things.  Not once.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
No Packers fans have said that Johnny Jolly has made some mistakes on Scoop, so us Packers fans must all think Johnny Jolly is a Saint!  It was all a really good frame job.  People are out to get the Packers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #990 on: November 08, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »
No, again you are misappropriating what I said.  I said that I don't read about Rodgers being a arrogant, cocky, smartass anywhere.  Neither do you.  The one time the media tried to crucify him, they had to apologize because they jumped to a conclusion.  I never refused to acknowledge that Rodgers can be those things.  Not once.

I know what you wrote and I know that you're back-tracking now. Whatever. It doesn't matter. I'm done with this debate.

The whole point I was trying to make is that winning cures all. I find it interesting that if the outcome of one close game had gone the other way, the national perception of 2 players would be vastly different. That's it. Some may think that's myopic, others may think that playing the "what if" game is pointless. I don't care. You're entitled to your opinion. I, personally, find this case to be interesting.

Quick aside: Two years ago, LeBron was voted one of the most disliked athletes in the world. This season, he was voted Most Likable Player in the NBA. Hmm...what could have changed during that time?

Winning. Cures. All.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #991 on: November 08, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »
I know what you wrote and I know that you're back-tracking now. Whatever. It doesn't matter. I'm done with this debate.

The whole point I was trying to make is that winning cures all. I find it interesting that if the outcome of one close game had gone the other way, the national perception of 2 players would be vastly different. That's it. Some may think that's myopic, others may think that playing the "what if" game is pointless. I don't care. You're entitled to your opinion. I, personally, find this case to be interesting.

Quick aside: Two years ago, LeBron was voted one of the most disliked athletes in the world. This season, he was voted Most Likable Player in the NBA. Hmm...what could have changed during that time?

Winning. Cures. All.

an aggressive marketing campaign to improve his image and time removed from his debacle announcement on espn

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #992 on: November 08, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »

Winning. Cures. All.

Not back tracking, I just don't like other people saying that I said things that I clearly did not.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #993 on: November 08, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
an aggressive marketing campaign to improve his image and time removed from his debacle announcement on espn

Winning two titles figures in there also

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #994 on: November 08, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »
Soooo, as a Packer fan, I think I want Cutler and the Bears to do well on Sunday.

Actually I think we would rather have Detroit win this one.  The Packers have already beaten them.  Assuming that Detroit wins on Sunday, and GB wins on Thanksgiving, the Packers would control their own destiny (assuming they beat Minnesota at Lambeau).  However they still *might* be able to afford a loss in Chicago if all teams finish 4-2 in the division.  It would then boil down to best record among common opponents.  It gets complicated with all sorts of scenarios, but the Lions and Packers both lost to the Bengals (who Chicago beat), but Chicago lost to the Redskins (who the Packers and Lions both beat).

If Chicago wins, and both GB and Chicago win out in the division through the end of the year, that would mean that GB @ Chicago in week 17 is for the division title.  

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #995 on: November 08, 2013, 09:05:51 AM »

Winning. Cures. All.

Lebron was likable before he won anything. His becoming unlikable had nothing to do with winning or losing. His rehabilitation was a result of a concerted and successful effort to show that the free agent fiasco was not who he really was. Winning helps, no doubt about it - but I don't think it "cures all".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #996 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:40 AM »
Lebron was likable before he won anything. His becoming unlikable had nothing to do with winning or losing. His rehabilitation was a result of a concerted and successful effort to show that the free agent fiasco was not who he really was. Winning helps, no doubt about it - but I don't think it "cures all".

Yeah....Lebron was likeable prior to "The Decision," and by and large people got over it.  It helped that he remained likeable....and winning played a role too.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #997 on: November 08, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »
None of this changes the fact that Cutler is kind of a douche.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #998 on: November 08, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »

Actually I think we would rather have Detroit win this one.  The Packers have already beaten them.  Assuming that Detroit wins on Sunday, and GB wins on Thanksgiving, the Packers would control their own destiny (assuming they beat Minnesota at Lambeau).  However they still *might* be able to afford a loss in Chicago if all teams finish 4-2 in the division.  It would then boil down to best record among common opponents.  It gets complicated with all sorts of scenarios, but the Lions and Packers both lost to the Bengals (who Chicago beat), but Chicago lost to the Redskins (who the Packers and Lions both beat).

If Chicago wins, and both GB and Chicago win out in the division through the end of the year, that would mean that GB @ Chicago in week 17 is for the division title.  
Lions!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #999 on: November 08, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
None of this changes the fact that Cutler is kind of a douche.

Based on...?

feedback