collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443839 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #475 on: October 04, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »
Exactly.  The ability to have something to do is valuable.

I don't disagree. But hypothetically, say every city in the US declined to provide any public funding. Teams are still going to build stadiums, but just on their own dime. They support themselves (since they get 99.9% of the profits) and we still get to see sports.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #476 on: October 06, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
The Packers defense has been better than their offense this year.  The offense has looked awful outside of the Redskins game.  The defense has shockingly looked good, especially the run defense.

- 49ers game: Just had the wrong gameplan.  They took a gamble and dared Kaepernick to beat him with his arm, guessing he couldn't and he did.  The offense also gave the 49ers the ball on their own end of the field at least once and put it in the end zone.
- Redskins game: The Skins ended up with a lot of points and yards, but it was all after the game was out of hand.
- Bengals game: More giving the ball to the Bengals well into their own territory by the Packers offense.
- Lions game:  Look really good, BUT they are without Megatron.  The way Stafford has missed his receivers today, and the fact that the Packers still aren't stacking the box, it may not have made a huge difference (obviously it still would, though, when you're missing the best wideout in football).

Also, for my weekly rant...Why is Mike McCarthy taking timeouts with 1:51 left in the 1st half while the Lions have the ball and 2nd and 6? If the Lions want to go into the half down by 6 and kicking the ball away to start the 2nd half LET THEM! Especially when your offense hasn't done anything in the 1st half.

Every single week you can count on Mike McCarthy mismanaging the clock to end halves and making terrible decisions regarding penalties that give up points or cost the Packers points. For someone who continually talks about how unacceptable penalties are, maybe he should look in the mirror regarding his clock management. Every single week he gives teams points.

Completely unacceptable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #477 on: October 06, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Also, looks like the Packers will be right back where they should be after today: tied in the loss column for the division lead.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #478 on: October 06, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »
Rodgers is doing a very nice job of getting the ball out on time.   No time for the rush to arrive.    Detroit's offense isn't good without CJohnson in.    No fear of the deep ball.    And Stafford keeps having Joey Harrington tendencies.    Ah, well. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #479 on: October 06, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Bears with another terrible first half. doomed them big time.

also, anyone follow mike wilbon on twitter? holy cow he seems to have a vendetta against the bears for firing lovie

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #480 on: October 06, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
I also like that Casey Hayward will (hopefully) be back by the end of the month (I believe).  In my opinion, he is the 2nd best cover corner on the Packers.  Shields has really impressed me this season, so I'd say he's the #1 coverage corner, and Hayward would be 2.  When Hayward returns I'd like to see Williams play a similar role to what Charles Woodson did with the Packers, just be a playmaker rather than a coverage guy.

Burnett being back helps as well.  Perry finally showed some flashes today.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #481 on: October 06, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
Even at 1-2, the Pack was still by far the best team in the division. They'll win the North with ease.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #482 on: October 06, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
Even at 1-2, the Pack was still by far the best team in the division. They'll win the North with ease.

Cowboys almost got the Broncos today.  Oh well, you are going to be right on your call, but I really thought they were going to get Denver today. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #483 on: October 06, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
Cowboys almost got the Broncos today.  Oh well, you are going to be right on your call, but I really thought they were going to get Denver today. 

Cowboys needed to let the Broncos score, could have done it with a minute left and a timeout still left.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #484 on: October 06, 2013, 07:34:19 PM »
Cowboys needed to let the Broncos score, could have done it with a minute left and a timeout still left.

I think Moreno fell on purpose to get the first down, but not the touchdown.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #485 on: October 06, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »
I think Moreno fell on purpose to get the first down, but not the touchdown.

No question about it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #486 on: October 06, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »

Cowboys needed to not give up 51 points.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #487 on: October 06, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
The way the Jets and Giants are playing no one need worry about a Super Bowl home game!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »

I hope their offensive line gets better soon.  The pass protection has been inconsistent at best.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
Just announced Josh Freeman to the Vikings. Ponder, Cassel and now Freeman.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »
Pryor looking great. Loving this late Sunday night game, especially after some awful games today.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #491 on: October 07, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »
So...is the Matt Ponder era over already in Minnesota? 

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #492 on: October 07, 2013, 07:58:28 AM »

That's what I was thinking initially, but if they stop them on 3rd and 1 it forces Denver to kick a field goal there. Dallas would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time only needing a field goal to tie.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #493 on: October 07, 2013, 08:10:11 AM »
Pryor looking great. Loving this late Sunday night game, especially after some awful games today.

Oops. I forgot it was on.

Watched last week's World Series of Poker I had on the DVR.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #494 on: October 07, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »

Maybe the data won't back up my thoughts, but there just seems to be a lot of bad football games this year.  I just haven't been able to get into watching some of the games where I don't have a rooting interest.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #495 on: October 07, 2013, 08:26:45 AM »
So...is the Matt Ponder era over already in Minnesota? 

Looks like the Viqueens are pretty high on this guy  http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14594/mcleod-bethel-thompson

and cannot carry 4 QB's.  So Ponder to the IR for the rib injury is my guess.

I am pretty sure that the 'queen's still have to pay Freeman about $3 Mill. this year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #496 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:24 AM »
Looks like the Viqueens are pretty high on this guy  http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14594/mcleod-bethel-thompson

Dude's got three last names. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #497 on: October 07, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

The Raiders did everything they could to give that game away.  Rivers made some terrible throws down the stretch.

That second half is a prime example of why I think Pryor will never be a better than average NFL QB.  He has the athleticism, but his decision making is terrible.  SD is not a good defensive team, especially with their injuries, but even they adjusted their gameplan and prevented his sideline sprints in the second half.  His best ability is extending plays, but he will be figured out.  He doesn't have the arm or throwing mechanics that Wilson or RG3 have.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #498 on: October 07, 2013, 09:35:47 AM »
The Raiders did everything they could to give that game away.  Rivers made some terrible throws down the stretch.

That second half is a prime example of why I think Pryor will never be a better than average NFL QB.  He has the athleticism, but his decision making is terrible.  SD is not a good defensive team, especially with their injuries, but even they adjusted their gameplan and prevented his sideline sprints in the second half.  His best ability is extending plays, but he will be figured out.  He doesn't have the arm or throwing mechanics that Wilson or RG3 have.

Lost in the Seahawks' W's and something to watch as the season goes along: Russell Wilson's passing hasn't been very impressive.

Last 4 games:
49-94 (52.2%), 677 yards, 7 TD, 4 INT

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #499 on: October 07, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »

I am pretty sure that the 'queen's still have to pay Freeman about $3 Mill. this year.

Yep, Freeman gets the $3mil from the Vikings as well as his salary from the Bucs because he is vested and was released under contract.  Not bad if you are Freeman.

Wonder if this means Samantha Steele will become a free agent any time soon  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback