collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443828 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2013, 02:38:11 PM »
Ya,  harbaughs line was hilarious considering harbaugh broke his hand and missed  month after punching jim kelly, so I'm sure he would LOVE if the same thing happened to clay.
I was talking to friend this weekend about Jimmy conveniently forgetting about breaking his hand. 

Friend worked in Platteville when the Bears trained there.  His job involved a lot of contact with Bears players and coaches.  Story goes that, while in public, an elderly gent approached Humble Jimmy, asking to shake his hand.  Jimmy offered his pinky. 

Not a big deal, just the douchey touch that we are coming to expect of the Harbaughs.  Wouldn't have bothered posting, but it is the offseason.

Just an aside, my friend's favorite Bears, Coach "Dicka" and Tom Thayer.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
Wow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
No you are wrong. Packers offered him almost the same amount and more a year prior that he turned down

I bolded the important part.

Jennings value was down after last season.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2013, 05:13:27 PM »
I bolded the important part.

Jennings value was down after last season.

Right his value was down, but the packers offer was very close and competitive with the Vikings offer. Jennings chose the Vikings. I wouldn't say the packers had "no interest" as brandx asserted.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Dish, not sure what moment you were referring to with "wow", as it applied to about 20 different plays good and bad.  Nice comeback drive by Jay, and a win.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2013, 06:40:10 PM »
Same old Lions.    Linehan makes Stafford look more like Joey Harrington every game.    4th and 4, 1:10 to go, empty backfield, Joey, errrr, Stafford throws off his back foot while back-pedaling, hitting Burleson for a 2 yard completion.   Honeybadger wraps him up, and......same old Lions. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
Right his value was down, but the packers offer was very close and competitive with the Vikings offer. Jennings chose the Vikings. I wouldn't say the packers had "no interest" as brandx asserted.

The Packers reportedly offered him about $8M per year and he got $9M per year from Vikings.  Of course who knows how many years we are talking about and how much he was being offered in guarantees.  (He got $18M guaranteed in Minnesota.)

Of course both pale in comparison to the $11M per year extension offer he turned down back in 2012.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
Exciting game at Soldier today, had pretty much everything. I still don't know how good the Bears are, but the TD winning drive was impressive. Can't do much better than 2-0. Lucky to be getting the Steelers next week on a short week. If the Bears can't generate a pass rush soon, a team like the Packs will beat 'em up.

Rodgers could have thrown for 600 yards today if McCarthy wanted him to, and that's not an exageration.

Bears/Texans/Saints all easily could be 0-2 instead of 2-0 right now.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2013, 07:02:28 AM »
Exciting game at Soldier today, had pretty much everything. I still don't know how good the Bears are, but the TD winning drive was impressive. Can't do much better than 2-0. Lucky to be getting the Steelers next week on a short week. If the Bears can't generate a pass rush soon, a team like the Packs will beat 'em up.

Rodgers could have thrown for 600 yards today if McCarthy wanted him to, and that's not an exageration.

Bears/Texans/Saints all easily could be 0-2 instead of 2-0 right now.

Close games at the end are common in the NFL. The better team usually finds a way to win in the end. The Packers were ahead in SF with 5 minutes to go, after that the 49ers dominated both sides of the ball when it counted. If a team is 2-0 they deserve to be 2-0

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »
Close games at the end are common in the NFL. The better team usually finds a way to win in the end. The Packers were ahead in SF with 5 minutes to go, after that the 49ers dominated both sides of the ball when it counted. If a team is 2-0 they deserve to be 2-0

Why did the Packers play so much zone "D" to allow Boldin to dominate?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2013, 07:24:45 AM »
Why did the Packers play so much zone "D" to allow Boldin to dominate?

Good question for Capers.

They were missing their best safety and slot corner back which accounted for a lot of miss coverage, poor play. They were hell bent on stopping the read option. They spent all off season obsessing about it. Harbaugh out coached McCarthy and  he (Harbaugh) really didn't use the read option much. The Packers did stop the run, but got killed by Kaepernicks arm. They probably were betting on  him not being able to throw and they were wrong.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
Wow, blockbuster trade.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #312 on: September 18, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
Wow, blockbuster trade.

You don't see those kind of trades much anymore.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #313 on: September 18, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »
This trade is as one sided as it gets.  Giving up a top 3 NFL RB early in his career for a playoff bound team's first rounder?

Total head scratcher.

But, its Cleveland.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #314 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »
Mind blowing trade considering it's in season and week 2.

No clue what the Colts are doing here. They could have picked up the phone and gotten Leshoure for a late round pick.

Personally, I don't believe Richardson is going to be elite. 3.5 yds per carry through his early career isn't great. New Cleveland regime didn't draft him, probably viewed him as an above average RB. They sold on him at peak value and get a great asset back. Maybe more importantly, they won't have to make a decision on him when his rookie deal is up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
Couldn't get Leshoure because of Bush's uncertain injury status.    Yes, he has fallen out of favor in Detroit, but if Reggie can't go, they will have to dress him.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #316 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »
Mind blowing trade considering it's in season and week 2.

No clue what the Colts are doing here. They could have picked up the phone and gotten Leshoure for a late round pick.

Personally, I don't believe Richardson is going to be elite. 3.5 yds per carry through his early career isn't great. New Cleveland regime didn't draft him, probably viewed him as an above average RB. They sold on him at peak value and get a great asset back. Maybe more importantly, they won't have to make a decision on him when his rookie deal is up.

Not a bad move for the Browns. Richardson is a big name, but he was pretty average with Cleveland last season, not to mention he's got a lot of wear on those tires. 600+ touches at Bama and another 300+ with the Browns. He could be a nice back to pair with Bradshaw (much like Brandon Jacobs in NY) but it's hard to see him being an elite RB over a 4-5 year span. Cleveland also has two 1st Round picks next season and I believe 2 picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds also. They're going to be pretty bad this season (possibly Bridgewater bad) and they're stockpiling picks. If you can get a 1st Round pick for a RB not named Adrian Peterson, you take it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #317 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:57 AM »
Not a bad move for the Browns. Richardson is a big name, but he was pretty average with Cleveland last season, not to mention he's got a lot of wear on those tires. 600+ touches at Bama and another 300+ with the Browns. He could be a nice back to pair with Bradshaw (much like Brandon Jacobs in NY) but it's hard to see him being an elite RB over a 4-5 year span. Cleveland also has two 1st Round picks next season and I believe 2 picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds also. They're going to be pretty bad this season (possibly Bridgewater bad) and they're stockpiling picks. If you can get a 1st Round pick for a RB not named Adrian Peterson, you take it.

I see you've read Chadiha's article.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
I see you've read Chadiha's article.

I haven't actually. I'll look for it though. Is he a Yahoo guy?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2013, 08:18:31 AM »
Seems like a good move for both. Cleveland wasnt going anywhere with or without Richardson, and they are now loaded with picks for next year. Colts add a decent back to a pretty solid team, and get him for this year and next year, and now theoretically have one less need in nextbyear's draft. A bird in the hand...

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »
I think a team will need 2 wins or less to be "Teddy Brigewater" bad.  Jaguars are in pole position.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
I think a team will need 2 wins or less to be "Teddy Brigewater" bad.  Jaguars are in pole position.

Good point. The Browns are more likely to be Tajh Boyd/Brett Hundley bad.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
I'll say one thing about the Browns.  It proves that although he was a brilliant head coach, Mike Holmgren couldn't evaluate talent to save his life.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »
Good point. The Browns are more likely to be Tajh Boyd/Brett Hundley bad.

I think Hundley is going to be a stud NFL QB.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2013, 09:46:16 AM »
I think Hundley is going to be a stud NFL QB.

+1