2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 443761 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »
Jennings just shows how naive he was if that statement has any ring of truth to it.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »
When asked if the Vikings have championship qualities...
-------

"We do," Jennings told KFXN-FM, via FoxSportsNorth.com. "One of the things that obviously drew me to coming over here was the makeup of the team. When I came over here, I kind of had, I was kind of brainwashed. There's no 'kind of' to it. Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think that anyone in the division is just tiers below.

"So coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I'm like, 'Wow, these are really great people.' "

Skol Vikings!

I am disappointed in Jennings. I thought he was a great receiver and a class act. I didn't like him going to the queens, but I understood it.

He should just keep his mouth shut and play football, he is making himself look bad. I can't figure out if he has animosity or he is doing it because the Viking fans eat it up and he gets attention for it, probably some combination of both.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 08:31:36 AM »
I am disappointed in Jennings. I thought he was a great receiver and a class act. I didn't like him going to the queens, but I understood it.

He should just keep his mouth shut and play football, he is making himself look bad. I can't figure out if he has animosity or he is doing it because the Viking fans eat it up and he gets attention for it, probably some combination of both.

I have to wonder if the PR department eggs former Packers to say things like this to sell tickets.  Favre, Jennings, Sharper... etc.  All talk a bunch of trash as Vikings, but plenty of other players who go to different franchises really say nothing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
-------

"We do," Jennings told KFXN-FM, via FoxSportsNorth.com. "One of the things that obviously drew me to coming over here was the makeup of the team. When I came over here, I kind of had, I was kind of brainwashed. There's no 'kind of' to it. Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think that anyone in the division is just tiers below.

"So coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I'm like, 'Wow, these are really great people.' "

Skol Vikings!

Obsession is never pretty.

I mean honestly...this is bordering on pathetic.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2013, 08:46:27 AM »
I have to wonder if the PR department eggs former Packers to say things like this to sell tickets.  Favre, Jennings, Sharper... etc.  All talk a bunch of trash as Vikings, but plenty of other players who go to different franchises really say nothing.

It’s interesting. They seem to jump on almost every Packer re-tread as if to spite the Packers.  Not a good business plan for a successful NFL team. The Wilfs strike me as a little smarmy.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »
-------

Skol Vikings!

Isn't it a good thing to think of everyone else in your division as being inferior to you?

Remember when Lovie Smith said that his #1 goal was to beat the Packers? Well, everyone with a brain knew that was just rah-rah, PR-speak...yet there were a lot of brainless Bears fans who bought into it. In the same respect, I have a feeling that there are some brainless Vikings fans running out to buy #15 jerseys because Jennings is their new favorite player.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
-------

Skol Vikings!

I don't know whether or not the people within the Packers organization actually take on the attitude of being tiers above the rest of the division or not, but if they do would they be wrong?  I mean, don't get me wrong, it's real cute that the Vikings have really nice people in the organization and all, but apparently nice people don't win you championships, as based upon the fact that the Vikings have never won a championship.  Maybe they need to start brainwashing their players.

Obsession is never pretty.

I mean honestly...this is bordering on pathetic.

It has been beyond pathetic for a while now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
The Wilfs strike me as a little smarmy.

That would be the understatement of the year.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »
Supposedly the team has told Jennings to pipe down about the Pack, but he keeps going. I understand.

It's sort of like when people are freed from some strange, twisted cult and then want to tell people about how bizarre their experience was.

I'd rather have Jennings talking smack about Green Bay than Kluwe going on his non-football related whine-sessions.

The Wilfs flat out tax my pockets.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
Isn't it a good thing to think of everyone else in your division as being inferior to you?

I agree. His comments don't make much sense to me. If that is the culture they have successfully built for their team/organization, I don't see how that is anything but a positive.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
I agree. His comments don't make much sense to me. If that is the culture they have successfully built for their team/organization, I don't see how that is anything but a positive.

It demonstrates a lack of basic respect. Fans talking crap about others, "you guys suck" is one thing... an organization preaching, "Detroit is a horrible franchise (true or not), screw them all the way to hell!" is another.

Bigger issue in football? Concussions, or the morality of the Packers?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »
It demonstrates a lack of basic respect. Fans talking crap about others, "you guys suck" is one thing... an organization preaching, "Detroit is a horrible franchise (true or not), screw them all the way to hell!" is another.

Bigger issue in football? Concussions, or the morality of the Packers?

Aww, JayBee's feelings hurt because his team is always playing 3rd fiddle to the Packers and Bears?  :'(

Win something and then maybe the Packers won't have to feel so superior to everyone in the NFC North.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:33:58 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »
Wades, think you might want to rephrase that.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2013, 04:33:02 PM »
Wades, think you might want to rephrase that.

Haha. Whoops?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »
Haha. Whoops?

yeah you meant superior :)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
Aww, JayBee's feelings hurt because his team is always playing 3rd fiddle to the Packers and Bears?  :'(

Win something and then maybe the Packers won't have to feel so superior to everyone in the NFC North.

Last 5 years (always judge based on 5 years) - NFC North Titles - 2 Minnesota Vikings, 2 gren bay, 1 chicgo
NFC North teams - total playoff berths since '66 - Minnesota tops.
NFL Championship winners - Minnesota 1, green bey 1

We've been winning. SKOL VIKINGS!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
Last 5 years (always judge based on 5 years) - NFC North Titles - 2 Minnesota Vikings, 2 gren bay, 1 chicgo
NFC North teams - total playoff berths since '66 - Minnesota tops.
NFL Championship winners - Minnesota 1, green bey 1

We've been winning. SKOL VIKINGS!

Haha you're all over the place.  Congrats on the NFC North Championships.  Little franchises that don't win Super Bowls seem to love those things.  The Packers love taking the 6 seed and winning the Super Bowl.

You judge things by the last 5 years, unless it doesn't fit your agenda, and then we'll go back to 1966 haha.  Nicely done.

1-1 in NFL Championships?  Early start to your Friday night, hey?

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
When did the vikings win the nfc championship and make it to the superbowl in the last 5 years?  Did the Saints have a win vacated and I missed it.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »
Bro are u guyz even an owner?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »
Bro are u guyz even an owner?

Nope.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
Cutler picked off on his first pass of the preseason.

Shoulda been sent packing with Lovie and Urlacher.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »
Haters gonna hate.

Its the preseason, let me quote Jay for you...  " Don't care."
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »
Christian Ponder also with a pick in his first series.  Dead arm.  But hey, Greg Jennings is there now and they have some really great people in the organization!  All Packers are jerks because they have the mindset that they are good.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »
Haters gonna hate.

Its the preseason, let me quote Jay for you...  " Don't care."

You don't care when your Starting QB throws a INT? Preseason or not. Sounds like you're cool playing second fiddle to Green Bay.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
You don't care when your Starting QB throws a INT? Preseason or not. Sounds like you're cool playing second fiddle to Green Bay.

Um....do you care that GB was shutout in their preseason opener?  Probably not. Cutler finished 6-7 on the rest of his throws with 2 of his starting WR sitting out. (Marshall and Bennett)

It's a new offense and the first play of preseason...but thanks for the concern.

feedback