Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BE Opener confirmed  (Read 9991 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: BE Opener confirmed
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
Beautiful! Getting kind of sick of Dick Clark lately - he's kind of slowed down.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:07 AM »
Didn't everyone complain about playing a game on New Year's Day? Why is this better? Because it's against...Creighton?

The bowl games shuffle around so much that it is impossible for me to keep track of which bowls are played on certain dates. Will there be bowl games on NYE? If so, those day games will have awful ratings. Playing at night will probably be worse.

NYE is rookie night...and people start early. The only people watching TV will be the ones watching the NYC NYE Ball. Do they even still do that? Who replaced Dick Clarke?

I admit to still watching.  Ryan Seacrest replaced Dick.  I watch and annoy the family when I reminisce about the three times post-Marquette that I stood in the Times Square crowd.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
Beautiful! Getting kind of sick of Dick Clark lately - he's kind of slowed down.

Dying will do that to anyone.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
The nice thing about MU playing away in these openers is that I can watch all the games. Also, if they win at Creighton they will be the favorite to win the league.

Marquette already is the favorite to win the league.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Didnt everyone complain about playing a game on New Year's Day? Why is this better? Because it's against...Creighton?

The bowl games shuffle around so much that it is impossible for me to keep track of which bowls are played on certain dates. Will there be bowl games on NYE? If so, those day games will have awful ratings. Playing at night will probably be worse.

NYE is rookie night...and people start early. The only people watching tv will be the ones watching the NYC NYE Ball. Do they even still do that? Who replaced Dick Clarke?

First, you lambast the scheduling of the MU/Creighton game.  Then you go on to pejoratively call out those who go out on NYE, and in the next breath you blast those who stay home watching TV.

Shall we infer that you're advocating masturbation as the only appropriate activity for sophisticated people on NYE?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
Don't knock Omaha. They gave us Kerry Trotter--a blue chipper. And who van forget Vic Lazaretti?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
Maybe by some. But Georgetown and Creighton should be right up there. It should be a dogfight, which is good---as long as we finish on top.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
Just booked a hotel for the couple days around NYE in Omaha. I hope to see a bunch of you there! Gotta let them know how hard we travel :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKpgb2WrGo0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aKpgb2WrGo0</a>

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
I'll be there!

good call on booking a room now, finding tickets to the game may be tough. Do you think Marquette athletics will have a handful to sell to travelers?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
+1. An L on the road against arguably the second best team in the league will not substantively diminish our chances of winning the league.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:23:49 PM by windyplayer »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 01:22:42 PM »
I'll be there!

good call on booking a room now, finding tickets to the game may be tough. Do you think Marquette athletics will have a handful to sell to travelers?

They'll have a handful... the question is whether there will be enough left over for the rest of us after the allocation is first offered to family, staff and those with thousands of priority points.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
They'll have a handful... the question is whether there will be enough left over for the rest of us after the allocation is first offered to family, staff and those with thousands of priority points.
Regardless, it's not the Super Bowl, so you should be able to find decently priced tickets online. I'd be shocked if you had to pay more than $50 to get into the stadium even assuming it's sold out.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 01:30:19 PM »
Don't knock Omaha. They gave us Kerry Trotter--a blue chipper. And who van forget Vic Lazaretti?

For some reason I thought Lazaretti was from MA.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
I'll be there!

good call on booking a room now

It's always wise to beat the "let's spend New Year's in Omaha" crowd

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
Regardless, it's not the Super Bowl, so you should be able to find decently priced tickets online. I'd be shocked if you had to pay more than $50 to get into the stadium even assuming it's sold out.

Agreed.  Don't be surprised if a Creighton fan offers you a free ticket next to him just because you're a Marquette fan.  Creighton is going to be the Canada of the Big East: proud, competitive, passionate and ridiculously nice.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »
Agreed.  Don't be surprised if a Creighton fan offers you a free ticket next to him just because you're a Marquette fan.  Creighton is going to be the Canada of the Big East: proud, competitive, passionate and ridiculously nice.

Ohh you betcha eh
Bring back FFP!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »
Should be a great game.  I hope both teams perform well during non-conference to make this matchup even more exciting.  As for sellout, don't worry, there will be 18,500+ fans there guaranteed.  Getting tickets might be tough.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
Home opener in a new league ..... Will really be a tough one to get  I bet.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:18:20 PM by MUUWUWM »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
9 pm CST?!

No Bueno.

AT Creighton...a jazzed up Creighton that will be entering the BE AND facing a potentially ranked MU team?

No MUY Bueno.

#CraigMcDermottWillBeSteveNovak
SS Marquette

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »
9 pm CST?!

No Bueno.

AT Creighton...a jazzed up Creighton that will be entering the BE AND facing a potentially ranked MU team?

No MUY Bueno.

#CraigMcDermottWillBeSteveNovak

Yeah, McDermott going for 41 & 17 ala Novak would be muy terrible.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
On paper they are the favorite, but a team still has to earn it. A win at Creighton would be very meaningful. A loss does not eliminate them, but I suspect the league champion in any league does not usually sart out 0-1.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
On paper they are the favorite, but a team still has to earn it. A win at Creighton would be very meaningful. A loss does not eliminate them, but I suspect the league champion in any league does not usually sart out 0-1.

Interesting fact: since we joined the Big East, 2 conference champions have started out 0-1.  UConn in 2006, Georgetown this past year. Both going down at the hands of - you guessed it - Marquette.

feedback