[June 19, 2024, 11:34:33 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 19, 2024, 10:13:47 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[June 19, 2024, 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[June 19, 2024, 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris Commits?  (Read 15574 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Malek Harris Commits?
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
I live in suburban Chicago and have heard it pronounced both ways -- so is it "mah-LEEK" or "MAH-lik"?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »
Otule broke his foot his freshmen year, so we do not really know how his fisrt year would of turned out. I also would argue that Gardner was not below average as a freshmen. He was playing very well before he hurt his shoulder. I suspose you could point to his defense, but most freshmen are not good on the defensive end and that is why they do not play much.
Would you trust either as a 20+ minute starting freshmen center? I don't think he was saying we would have no bigs contributing, but rather we needed to accept we would be going small most of the game.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »
No--You have no clue what my point is. I did not say  that Otule/gardner were substandard--the other guy implied they were. My solution is not to fire Buzz. You said that! My solution is to recruit a quality big, rather than other people making excuses. I think that Buzz is trying to recruit some, but so far has not been able to, although I certainly like the way Gardner has developed.
So now that I cleared that up for you--what is your solution--criticism?
So your suggestion is try harder? I'm sure Buzz is just enjoying the free drinks on all those flights he's been taking.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
So your suggestion is try harder? I'm sure Buzz is just enjoying the free drinks on all those flights he's been taking.

Damn, that Buzz is a serious slacker. Doesn't he see that five-star big men are lining up to play at MU? Why can't Buzz reel in at least one?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
Damn, that Buzz is a serious slacker. Doesn't he see that five-star big men are lining up to play at MU? Why can't Buzz reel in at least one?

Why is Buzz letting all these 5 star in-state big men slip through his fingers??? Disregard the fact that the only players fitting into that category during his tenure graduate high school 2 years from now and are still undecided, making anyone's ability to meet that demand, by definition, impossible!!!!

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »
Why is Buzz letting all these 5 star in-state big men slip through his fingers??? Disregard the fact that the only players fitting into that category during his tenure graduate high school 2 years from now and are still undecided, making anyone's ability to meet that demand, by definition, impossible!!!!

Will you please stop clouding the issue with the facts?!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »
Harris moved up to #72 in Rivals today. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
Did not answer the question. As I surmised, you are just a hater, but have no solution. I did not say try harder--you did. No solution, just shouta and pound the table. I'll bet you scored all A's in Debate.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:40 PM »
Did not answer the question. As I surmised, you are just a hater, but have no solution. I did not say try harder--you did. No solution, just shouta and pound the table. I'll bet you scored all A's in Debate.

Dude - you realize you are the one without a solution, just pounding your fist on the table like a baby - right?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
Sorry, I missed you question. My solution is to get the best players possible with the majority of the slots, throw in a project big man most years, and keep improving enough where we are a constant Top 10 team where we can get enough publicity that a Top 5 center is willing to sign with us. We have proven in the past we can get by without big-men and I think we can do that in the future. Signing TONS of crappy big men will hurt are our team and make us inadequate at multiple positions, instead of just 1 (the center position). My theory is get the job that will eventually get you your dream job, instead of keeping applying for a job your not qualified for yet and not getting a call.

At this point of time, I don't think it logical to expect dominant big men to sign with MU. We may luck out and get one due to Buzz's hard work, but we are underdogs at this point of time and with that comes a lot of swings and misses. Hopefully, he makes contact, though. He is definitely swinging and that's all I expect.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
A commit?

Alright, Alright, Alright!

I think we're on a roll boys!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Sorry, I missed you question. My solution is to get the best players possible with the majority of the slots, throw in a project big man most years, and keep improving enough where we are a constant Top 10 team where we can get enough publicity that a Top 5 center is willing to sign with us. We have proven in the past we can get by without big-men and I think we can do that in the future. Signing TONS of crappy big men will hurt are our team and make us inadequate at multiple positions, instead of just 1 (the center position). My theory is get the job that will eventually get you your dream job, instead of keeping applying for a job your not qualified for yet and not getting a call.

At this point of time, I don't think it logical to expect dominant big men to sign with MU. We may luck out and get one due to Buzz's hard work, but we are underdogs at this point of time and with that comes a lot of swings and misses. Hopefully, he makes contact, though. He is definitely swinging and that's all I expect.  
I agree that he is swinging, but how hard? I have never said we should take stiffs--they should be quality.  But why is it not logical to occasionally land a dominant big.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »
I agree that he is swinging, but how hard?

So you think the problem is that he isn't trying hard enough?

Really?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
"Buzz isn't trying hard enough to land bigs" = eternal loss of credibility.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
Otule was really a Crean recruit. The four tallest players Buzz signed have all been busts. McMorrow had a heart issue. Mbao was too thin and transferred. Roseborro and the center from Texas did not make it until September. My guess is Buzz will try to get a good center, but probably is not too interested in taking anymore projects.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
Otule was really a Crean recruit.

I don't think so...

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
Otule was recruited by Buzz and Buzz got Crean to sign him.  Crean deserves credit for listening to Buzz, but Buzz did all the work.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
Otule was recruited by Buzz and Buzz got Crean to sign him.  Crean deserves credit for listening to Buzz, but Buzz did all the work.

That was, like, 8 years ago?  ;)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
Gotta love the guys who focus so much on the height of a guy to determine who the "best" "big men" Buzz has signed have been.  Ben Wallace could return to his prime form and be 17 years old and begging Buzz to come to Marquette and some people here would be crying for Mbao to come back.  It's hilarious.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »
Gotta love the guys who focus so much on the height of a guy to determine who the "best" "big men" Buzz has signed have been.  Ben Wallace could return to his prime form and be 17 years old and begging Buzz to come to Marquette and some people here would be crying for Mbao to come back.  It's hilarious.

Let me know when anyone is crying for the return of Mbao. Now that is hilarious.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
Let me know when anyone is crying for the return of Mbao. Now that is hilarious.

Before we knew what the Mbaoss could do. Some would see "5* C 6'8"" and "2* C 7'2" and wonder why we'd take the 6'8" guy who is called a center but couldn't be be aide he's not 6'10"+.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »

So you think the problem is that he isn't trying hard enough?

Really?
Didn't say that, but some certainly have questions. I admit that it is not easy, but when you are paid two million plus and have one of the highest BB budgets in the country, and a private jet, and an NBA arena, and a rich tradition, and good facilities, a good school, a world class city (yes, I said that), a solid BB conference, and a caring coach, and right now 3 studs in your own backyard, you should land one periodically. We have not now in decades, even though many improvements have been made. So, maybe that question is in order.
Yes, I am thankful for the success Buzz has had--just believe that landing a quality big with the rest of the talent gives us the best shot at FF.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
100% correct.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
Didn't say that, but some certainly have questions. I admit that it is not easy, but when you are paid two million plus and have one of the highest BB budgets in the country, and a private jet, and an NBA arena, and a rich tradition, and good facilities, a good school, a world class city (yes, I said that), a solid BB conference, and a caring coach, and right now 3 studs in your own backyard, you should land one periodically. We have not now in decades, even though many improvements have been made. So, maybe that question is in order.
Yes, I am thankful for the success Buzz has had--just believe that landing a quality big with the rest of the talent gives us the best shot at FF.

I think of the Bradley center as more of a college arena that an Nba team uses
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I think of the Bradley center as more of a college arena that an Nba team uses

Nicely spun, Piper

Death on call

feedback