Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What do we know what Ahmed Hill  (Read 15154 times)

MUCrew

• All American
Re: What do we know what Ahmed Hill
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
Looking at his top 5, he would be challenged for playing time no matter where he went.

Marquette: Behind Mayo (1 year) and JJJ (3 years)

You are assuming that only one SG can be on the court at the same time.  If the guy can shoot, he will play.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 10:03:28 AM »
When talking with Ahmed, he stressed the "right feeling" and a father / son relationship when looking at schools. I think he's confident enough and smart enough to know that things can change anywhere... if he's digging the idea of hard work, MU should certainly be in play.

One of those players who is solid all around (Trent Lockett like in that regard, perhaps). Can help in a number of ways.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »

You are assuming that only one SG can be on the court at the same time.  If the guy can shoot, he will play.

Yep, nothing wrong with too many good shooters.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 10:40:40 AM »
We certainly could have used some of them last March.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »

Absolutely. But we are crowded in the 2, 3, and 4. I was more looking at if being the starting SG was important to him as a player. A player of his skill would obviously get playing time. But many get caught up in needing to be the starter. I have no idea what's important to Ahmed. But if it is a "father/son relationship" like JayBee pointed out, then you gotta believe that Buzz is the right coach for him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
Absolutely. But we are crowded in the 2, 3, and 4. I was more looking at if being the starting SG was important to him as a player. A player of his skill would obviously get playing time. But many get caught up in needing to be the starter. I have no idea what's important to Ahmed. But if it is a "father/son relationship" like JayBee pointed out, then you gotta believe that Buzz is the right coach for him.

Well, Crean can certainly work his relationship with Dwayne to some advantage there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
Just tell him to steer clear of F*ckin'. It's common knowledge how his "father/son" relationships have gone in the past.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »
Just tell him to steer clear of F*ckin'. It's common knowledge how his "father/son" relationships have gone in the past.

You violated me you sick old man!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
We now know we are in his final 5: https://twitter.com/nextuprecruits/status/372500599562317824

Would be a great get and be a nice player to add to the stable of guard switchables.
excerpt

Ahmed Hill, a class of 2014 guard from Augusta, Ga., trimmed his list to five on Tuesday and Indiana made the cut, along with Florida, Florida State, Marquette and Missouri.

“Of those five schools, me and the head coach have a great relationship, they’re basketball schools, and I think that I can help them out tremendously and I’d fit into their program,” Hill told Inside the Hall of the finalists.

He’s expected to take official visits to all five finalists, but said that Florida, Marquette and Missouri are recruiting him hardest right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 01:51:14 AM »
excerpt

Ahmed Hill, a class of 2014 guard from Augusta, Ga., trimmed his list to five on Tuesday and Indiana made the cut, along with Florida, Florida State, Marquette and Missouri.

“Of those five schools, me and the head coach have a great relationship, they’re basketball schools, and I think that I can help them out tremendously and I’d fit into their program,” Hill told Inside the Hall of the finalists.

He’s expected to take official visits to all five finalists, but said that Florida, Marquette and Missouri are recruiting him hardest right now.

Florida and Florida State are basketball schools?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 12:08:41 PM »

I guess according to him. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
Certainly both are more well known for FB, but under Donovan and Hamilton, both schools have been in the upper tier of BB schools as well.