Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looney?  (Read 24061 times)

leever

• All American
Re: Looney?
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:08 AM »
here we go with the name calling!!

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
I think coaches are going to dig out the game tapes of our first Syracuse game (where Gardner had a season high 26 points and attempted 13 FTs) to the second in the NCAA (where he only tallied 3 FTA) to compare effective vs. ineffective defenses.  If opposing coaches figure out how to bend on Gardner and give him his easy field goals, but not break by giving up 10, 13 or 15 FTA, it could be a long season for us. 

One of the tactics I think opposing coaches will use more in the coming season is to argue more vehemently that their player has defensive position on Gardner, and either Garder is initiating the contact, or the contact is incidental and should be a no-call.  I can't remember which game, but one of the late season games the anoucers were pointing this out.
I think Davante is working on his 8-10 foot jumper.  Success there will open up the area around the basket.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you!
Thats right! If you cannot make your point with facts, then pound the table with hollering and fiction, and if you cannot make your point with hollering and fiction, when all else fails, demonize the other person and call names. The old tried and true technique: " idiot, jackass, dumbass, $@##$, etc., etc.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »
Thats right! If you cannot make your point with facts, then pound the table with hollering and fiction, and if you cannot make your point with hollering and fiction, when all else fails, demonize the other person and call names. The old tried and true technique: " idiot, jackass, dumbass, $@##$, etc., etc.

There's no reason for me to make my point with facts as you have proven to be too ignorant to take them for what they are.....FACTS. So the only thing that seems to resonate with you is "demonization," which in this case is completely warranted. Davante Gardner, who just got invited to try out with the National team, is not a quality big????

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
Gardner is a nice player, but not close to being a great player IMO. Those who love him think his value is much higher than those who do not love him. I think he wanted to get into great shape he could move much past being a nice player. Would love to see him get in shape and see what he can do if lighter.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
Agree 100% with Goose.  Gardner is a very good player now, but, could become great if he were in better shape.  Wonder what he would play like at 250 lbs.?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
I think Davante is working on his 8-10 foot jumper.  Success there will open up the area around the basket.

Gardner doesn't have much of a jump shot. It is more of a retro set shot.

Death on call

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »

You are probably correct.  I am convinced it will be an effective weapon.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »

Hahahahaha, that was awesome, but so true. Love Devante's mid range game.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »
Although Looney to Duke is a good bet (Michigan seems to be making a strong push), I wouldn't mind seeing him end up at Georgetown. It would be a huge signing for the conference and he'd get to play in Milwaukee on an annual basis. I'm sure Otto Porter, Jr's success isn't lost on him either.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
Although Looney to Duke is a good bet (Michigan seems to be making a strong push), I wouldn't mind seeing him end up at Georgetown. It would be a huge signing for the conference and he'd get to play in Milwaukee on an annual basis. I'm sure Otto Porter, Jr's success isn't lost on him either.

Well, if you can call one game before he moves onto the NBA, annual.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:07 AM »
Here's a Looney question for those of you who are familiar with Duke.  If Jabari Parker doesn't go pro after his first year, what does coach K do with the two of them?  Does one play power forward or does one play 2G?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
Here's a Looney question for those of you who are familiar with Duke.  If Jabari Parker doesn't go pro after his first year, what does coach K do with the two of them?  Does one play power forward or does one play 2G?
They both hold onto the ball at the same time so as to not outshine the other.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2013, 11:49:53 AM »
My lack of either a trust fund or membership in the Episcopal Church probably excluded me from that crowd anyway.

Instead, I married an absoluetly lovely Midwestern woman who had the good sense to obtain a Marquette education, sit net to me in Spanish class and nurse her beer while all around her consumed mightily. She has a brilliant mind and great common sense, which she is not afraid to use liberally. That definitely sets her apart from any of the southern MRS babes and is a big reason we have been married 33 years!

Escaping all that was a big reason warriorchick left the home of hideous orange uniforms...... and maybe part of her reason for ultimately settling in the north and marrying a Marquette man.  (But we did meet in a bar, not Spanish class.)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »

To quote jsglow, "Davante doesn't have a jumper; it's more of a 'rocker'".
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »
Escaping all that was a big reason warriorchick left the home of hideous orange uniforms...... and maybe part of her reason for ultimately settling in the north and marrying a Marquette man.  (But we did meet in a bar, not Spanish class.)

Ms. Dgies and I certainly did our fair share of bar time while at Marquette. I even tried to go back to Big Orange Country in the early 1980s with Ms. Dgies. Knew we were lost in Tennessee when Ms. Dgies was working at a place where she answered the phone for someone who said "Roll Tide." She, unfamiliar with southern rituals, said "what... and how do you spell that!"

When she came home that night and I asked, "is that caller from Alabama," she frustratingly asked, "why does everyone keep asking that?" We high-tailed it back to Chicago and the Midwest, where we belong!

As we used to say, "No fruit sucks like a Big Orange!"

feedback