Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean's Postgame Presser  (Read 6174 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Crean's Postgame Presser
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:33:20 AM »
What a total unnatural carnal knowledgeing douche
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

wardle2wade

• All American
Re: Crean's Postgame Presser
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
I heard him bring up Marquette... I believe he was referring to 2003 Marquette.  Either way, found it odd timing.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 03:32:23 AM »
Jackass kept repeating how this Indiana team did things that hadn't been done in more than 20 years...

Death on call

connie

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:08:59 AM »
I heard him bring up Marquette... I believe he was referring to 2003 Marquette.  Either way, found it odd timing.

TC bringing up his past personal success instead of talking about his current failure? I don't find that odd timing at all.  Just like going after the Michigan assistant after he won--its all part of the TC show.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:12 AM »
He did some good things for Marquette, and for tbat we should thank him. We should also thank him for leaving because he is a complete and utter scumbag who deserves to rot forever in the scandal-ridden Big Ten.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »
Jackass kept repeating how this Indiana team did things that hadn't been done in more than 20 years...

IU made to the championship game under Mike Davis.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
TC bringing up his past personal success instead of talking about his current failure? I don't find that odd timing at all.  Just like going after the Michigan assistant after he won--its all part of the TC show.

I forgot to use teal.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »
TC has never handled losing well.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »

Maybe he meant attacking the Assistant Coach of an opponent.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »

winning the big ten outright
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 10:16:28 AM »
I wonder what John Harbaugh thought of the loss?

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
TC has never handled losing well.

TC's handshakes will never get old.  I've never seen a coach do as many flybys as him.  Random fans with no rooting interest nor prior history note it all the time.  The randoms on reddit are much more likely to call it out than this board.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »
It's just so night and day when you have a coach that obsesses over preparation versus one who delegates. TC can't really tell you exactly why they lost because h just has the high level notes on what they were trying to do.

Hope Buzz doesn't have a losing press conference again this year but if he does just listen to the difference. He will praise the other team for being deserving of the win, then go into detail of what we failed to get done and how they beat us.

Maybe some psych majors could comment more expertly on what that kind of avoidance of responsibility in the public light is indicative of?

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
TC's handshakes will never get old.  I've never seen a coach do as many flybys as him.  Random fans with no rooting interest nor prior history note it all the time.  The randoms on reddit are much more likely to call it out than this board.
has anyone put together a compilation? That would be fantastic.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »

Ha I thought I put that same question in my post, but apparently forgot... Reddit would probably be up for doing the challenge.  They post an unreal amount of great gifs.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »
I wonder what John Harbaugh thought of the loss?

Easter at the Harbaugh/Creans:

What did you do this year John? Led my team to a Super Bowl triumph.
What did you do this year Jim? Made it to the Super Bowl ans was a play away from winning.
How about you Tom? Well I took a team to the sweet sixteen which had been preseason number 1 and got crushed by a Syracuse team that has been inconsistent.
Mom: Sorry Tom you will have to sit at the kids table, we only celebrate championship appearances around here.

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
Ha I thought I put that same question in my post, but apparently forgot... Reddit would probably be up for doing the challenge.  They post an unreal amount of great gifs.
how does one make that happen?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »

That would be awesome.  Not a Crean hater here but the man does do the flyby like no other.  Set to the right music and edited correctly it would truly be hilarious.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »
how does one make that happen?

I'm mostly a lurker on reddit, but I imagine making a request to other redditors on the college hoops board. 

It would take some time, but I have no doubt that someone would do it.  They are a fan of internet challenges.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »

What did you do this year Jim? Made it to the Super Bowl ans was a play away from winning.
How about you Tom? Well I took a team to the sweet sixteen which had been preseason number 1 and got crushed by a Syracuse team that has been inconsistent.
Mom: Sorry Tom you will have to sit at the kids table, we only celebrate championship appearances around here.

On the Tim Brando show today, Brando said,  "Crean should start channelling his inner Izzo and stop channelling his inner Harbaugh."  This, in reference to what Brando feels is the "new" Crean attitude and how poorly he has handled his success this season, calling out former coaches, etc.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »
Maybe he meant attacking the Assistant Coach of an opponent.

Perfect. Only Bobby Knight had too much dignity to do something so lame.

Knight was no saint but the difference is that Knight operated from principles and his well defined set of values. Crean operates from a shifting set of values that is defined by what is best for him at any given time. 

Death on call

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »

I picture Crean entering through the front door, Jack, John and Jim all walking towards him for a greeting and TC giving them the no-eye-contact, split-second handshake walk-by and going right out the back door.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
I picture Crean entering through the front door, Jack, John and Jim all walking towards him for a greeting and TC giving them the no-eye-contact, split-second handshake walk-by and going right out the back door.

and jim slapping him on the back
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

this... Hahaha I think this one is ripe for SNL parody

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
He did some good things for Marquette, and for tbat we should thank him. We should also thank him for leaving because he is a complete and utter scumbag who deserves to rot forever in the scandal-ridden Big Ten.

I feel that you're being a bit unfair to the Big Ten.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.