Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official open season on Tom crean thread  (Read 13269 times)

connie

• All American
Re: Official open season on Tom crean thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 05:04:35 AM »
Tom Crean is irrelevant now.  We didn't know it at the time but he did us a favor by leaving.  Buzz Williams is a much, much better coach, mentor, recruiter and most importantly, a much better person.
A MUCH better person.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 06:43:05 AM »
Wasn't there something somewhere about who would get to a Final Four first between Buzz and Crean...

Yeah...I believe some folks on this board made a statement (or a bet) that Crean would get to a Final Four at Indiana before Buzz at Marquette....Chicos?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:14 AM »
Yeah...I believe some folks on this board made a statement (or a bet) that Crean would get to a Final Four at Indiana before Buzz at Marquette....Chicos?

We're not there yet. Don't count your chickens before their hatched. I think Chicos would not mind loosing that bet.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »
Tie on the ground
Tie on the ground
Lookin like a fool
With your tie on the ground

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
He showed that in 5 years he still doesn't know how to beat a zone.   If I am coaching against Crean next year, I do what teams were doing to MU this year and zone him every game, especially if you haven't shown it yet this year.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »
Grown man still got a buttcrack herrcut

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:41 AM »
You need to relax.  I don't converse with hysterical people in real life or the web.  Nice to know now you despise crean.  You shouldn't abandon him in his moment of need though.  Sign of weak character.

I just think you are better than that Stone.  Don't say I like the guy and think he's wonderful when for 6 years I've said what a douche he is.  You are better than that.  A liar is a sign of no character

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Crean Handshake a New World Speed Record
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 09:05:53 AM »
What's pathetic is Boeheim actually slowed down to have a word but Crean blew by faster than hooker on Navy payday. Made his handshakes with Bo Ryan look like he's French kissing his son.

Ha ha, this from the badger board:

yfinn6 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone post a GIF of the handshake. I missed it.

You cant post a GIF of something that never took place.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
Wasn't there something somewhere about who would get to a Final Four first between Buzz and Crean...

Didn't Crean already win that.  Year 4 of his coaching career.  Buzz in year 6 already?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:41:44 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »
quit thinking about my penis, Chicos
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 24m
Crean and Buzz Williams aren't exactly drinking buds either.
9:24 AM - 29 Mar 13 · Details
Tweet text

Reply to @AdamZagoria
 Matt Trebby ‏@trebby 23m
@AdamZagoria What makes you say that?

Steve Forbes ‏@ForbesNWFhoops 22m
@AdamZagoria Buzz only drinks Sweet Tea!!!

Peter Nelson ‏@petejn83 16m
@AdamZagoria Who is buddies with Crean? Seems pretty universally unliked.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
quit thinking about my penis, Chicos

Happy Good Friday

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »
Sorry. Just want to get this thread off page 2 and relevant again. because Tom Crean is a great non-coach.

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 07:40:30 PM »
Release the Crean

avid1010

• All American
Re: Crean Handshake a New World Speed Record
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »
Right now I think Zeller is 50/50 on coming back.  His stock is dropping big time.  He is as soft as Charmin.  

he's gone...not like he can say he wants to come back to win a championship  :D

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »
didn't know tc was a jesus freak...love his tweets and re-tweets today.  god must have told him to leave the 3 amigos in a classless manner, treat those around him like crap, etc.  #prosperity gospel

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
anybody else think TC is starting to look like Thad Matta?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
didn't know tc was a jesus freak...love his tweets and re-tweets today.  god must have told him to leave the 3 amigos in a classless manner, treat those around him like crap, etc.  #prosperity gospel
He's a Jesus freak because it helps recruiting in Indiana. Zeller, for instance, is deeply religious. There is NOTHING that isn't totally phony about the guy. Everything is planned out.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »
Right here.  Celebrating Marquette's victory.  How about you?

I'm enjoying MU's victory and playing golf Saturday (early) and Sunday in beautiful Vegas 80s weather.  My wife is making Easter dinner for our MU/Packer friends (all Cheeseheads) and hopefully when we say grace before dinner we are giving thanks for MU's final four appearance!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
Didn't Crean already win that.  Year 4 of his coaching career.  Buzz in year 6 already?

No. From that point, who would be the first to get to the Final Four. Nice try...

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »
Just read the postgame presser from Crean. http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/03/29/transcript-indiana-postgame-press-conference/#more-29790

The main difference from Buzz and Tom?

After a loss, Buzz isn't afraid to say he is to blame/accept responsibility.

Crean? He didn't do that (i.e., "I should have prepared them better for the zone") and one thread stands out: "it wasn't meant to be."
That statement just allows for the denial of personal responsibility over a situation.

"We prepared for it, there is no doubt about it, but it just wasn’t meant to be with that."

"At times when we did power through it, we didn’t get the bucket, it didn’t go in for us at times obviously and it just wasn’t meant to be."
SS Marquette

chapman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 12:32:22 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/syracuse-recruit-boeheim-will-coach-in-2014-former-indiana-recruit-says-hoosiers-screwed-him/

Sure some will enjoy this piece:

One of the players coming in next year is Brewster shooting guard Ron Patterson, who  said he’s rooting hard for Syracuse Thursday night because he initially committed to Indiana and felt they did not treat him fairly during the recruiting process.

“I want Syracuse to beat them real bad,” Patterson told SNY.tv. “[Indiana] was my old team and I really don’t like them so much. Not the players, just Indiana, period.”

A former Broad Ripple Creek (IN) High School star, Patterson reportedly failed to meet academic requirements in summer school and was then denied admission to Indiana. He then opted to spend the year at Brewster instead of transferring. He ultimately committed to Syracuse in November.

Asked why he felt the way he does about Indiana, Patterson said, “Just the way they did me. Like I was screwed over. They said it was academics, but I don’t think it was. I think there was more to it.”

Patterson said and McCullough will watch the game in the dorm room, and root hard for the Syracuse zone to foil Indiana’s shooters, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls, as well as Cody Zeller and Victor Oladipo.

“I think Syracuse wins just by the zone,” Patterson said.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 12:41:19 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/syracuse-recruit-boeheim-will-coach-in-2014-former-indiana-recruit-says-hoosiers-screwed-him/

Sure some will enjoy this piece:

His tweets:

Ron Buss Patterson ‏@Buss34 28 Mar
Start warming up the buses #IUBB

Ron Buss Patterson ‏@Buss34 28 Mar
Na Na Na Na goodbye

SS Marquette

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 12:50:28 AM »
Just read the postgame presser from Crean. http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/03/29/transcript-indiana-postgame-press-conference/#more-29790

The main difference from Buzz and Tom?

After a loss, Buzz isn't afraid to say he is to blame/accept responsibility.

Crean? He didn't do that (i.e., "I should have prepared them better for the zone") and one thread stands out: "it wasn't meant to be."
That statement just allows for the denial of personal responsibility over a situation.

"We prepared for it, there is no doubt about it, but it just wasn’t meant to be with that."

"At times when we did power through it, we didn’t get the bucket, it didn’t go in for us at times obviously and it just wasn’t meant to be."

this. Absolutely. This this this
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
I'm enjoying MU's victory and playing golf Saturday (early) and Sunday in beautiful Vegas 80s weather.  My wife is making Easter dinner for our MU/Packer friends (all Cheeseheads) and hopefully when we say grace before dinner we are giving thanks for MU's final four appearance!

Love it.  Happy Easter.  I'll be heading to the river for the next 4 days to enjoy the sunshine, jet skiing, etc.  Hope to also give thanks for that same appearance.  If we don't make it, been a great season and a great run.

feedback