Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Official open season on Tom crean thread  (Read 13267 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Official open season on Tom crean thread
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »
No. From that point, who would be the first to get to the Final Four. Nice try...

That's not what the poster said...now was it.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »
Touching swing and a miss for Richard Dodd's recovery from alcoholism/suicide attempts

http://host.madison.com/news/local/doug_moe/doug-moe-dodd-s-one-day-is-here-each-and/article_987037a0-6275-11e1-932c-0019bb2963f4.html

He spent almost three weeks in the mission. One night, Tom Crean, then the basketball coach at nearby Marquette University, brought some players by to help serve meals at the mission.

Dodd tentatively approached Crean. "I used to coach," Dodd said.

It was true. Dodd was an award-winning high school track and cross country coach. More than that, he once was a star himself, a distance runner good enough to compete in the Boston Marathon.

Crean told Dodd one day he would get his life back.

It was a kind thing to say. But within days, using money advanced from a family member, Dodd left the mission and started a drinking binge that lasted 10 days.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
This is why I thought this thread was not such a good idea.  Instead of attacking a coach, why can't we accept that some teams are just better on some days?  That's what athletics is all about, otherwise they wouldn't play the games.

Syracuse is great.  They beat a very good coach and very good team, in Indiana.  IU had no answer to the zone.

Syracuse is great.  They beat a very good coach and very good team, in Marquette.  MU had no answer to the zone.

Sometimes in life, you just get beat by better teams.  We've been blessed at MU to have very good coaches through the years.  Very blessed.  I sincerely hope 5 years later, the nonsense stops.  Yes, I know I'm guilty of it.

Please, let's enjoy Marquette basketball. 

Happy Easter to all of you.  God Bless.  See you down the road.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
G
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:21:40 PM by Stone Cold »

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
This is why I thought this thread was not such a good idea.  Instead of attacking a coach, why can't we accept that some teams are just better on some days?  That's what athletics is all about, otherwise they wouldn't play the games.

Syracuse is great.  They beat a very good coach and very good team, in Indiana.  IU had no answer to the zone.

Syracuse is great.  They beat a very good coach and very good team, in Marquette.  MU had no answer to the zone.

Sometimes in life, you just get beat by better teams.  We've been blessed at MU to have very good coaches through the years.  Very blessed.  I sincerely hope 5 years later, the nonsense stops.  Yes, I know I'm guilty of it.

I feel you man.   8-)

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:28 AM »

No thanks - I'll take my sports with rivalries, and I'm fine making fun of someone for their actions. Feel free to avoid those posts if it makes your stomach churn to hear someone having fun pointing out TC's douchebaggery.