collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199501 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »
I thought her youth was tied to the necklace she took off

Correct.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »
Is this what was going on courtesy of The Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/article/game-thrones-fan-rewatching-past-episodes-remind-s-52796

‘Game Of Thrones’ Fan Rewatching Past Episodes To Remind Self Of What Characters’ Breasts Look Like

NEWS IN BRIEF  April 22, 2016 
Vol 52 Issue 15  Entertainment  ·  Television

FREMONT, CA—In an effort to refresh his memory ahead of the upcoming season of the popular fantasy series, local Game Of Thrones fan Bryan Parker reportedly rewatched past episodes of the show this week to remind himself of what all the characters’ breasts look like. “I remember most of the characters’ breasts, but there are just so many of them, and a lot of the time there’s a bunch on the screen at once, so I felt I really needed to brush up on them just to be safe,” said Parker, who explained that even after regularly watching the show for five seasons, he still often becomes confused trying to keep track of all the various nipples. “Sometimes I have a hard time following along with the storyline and I mistake Daenerys Targaryen’s breasts for Margaery Tyrell’s, since they’re so similar-looking. Honestly, I had to watch the nude scenes set in Littlefinger’s brothel a few times to remember which breasts were which.” Parker added that he was still upset the show killed off his favorite pair of breasts in season four.

Funny!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

chapman

• All American
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »
Nothing could piss me off more than how they botched Stannis, but completely missing the point of Dorne, culminating in that garbage last night comes pretty damn close.  They had a chance to drop one of the coolest moments and speeches in the entire series, and instead settled for "tee hee, let's get our quota of kills for the episode".

brandx

« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2016, 09:35:20 PM »
Shocking no one, Jon Snow was only...mostly... dead.    Mostly dead means partially alive.   All dead... well, if he's all dead there's only one thing you can do.... go through his pockets and look for loose change.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2016, 09:19:21 AM »
Shocking no one, Jon Snow was only...mostly... dead.    Mostly dead means partially alive.   All dead... well, if he's all dead there's only one thing you can do.... go through his pockets and look for loose change.

He must have smelled pretty rank, lying on that table for days.

Most of us surmised that he would come back to life somehow, and at least this show has the magic in it to make it happen (unlike, say, Bobby Ewing on Dallas).

Still, the last 5 minutes was so anticlimactic and cliche.

Witch does magic. Seems to fail. One by one, those who want to believe file out of room, disappointed. Finally, witch leaves, crushed that magic doesn't work. Flash to Snow, flash to wolf, flash back to Snow, flash back to wolf. Wolf opens eyes. Snow, suddenly, opens eyes and gasps for air.

A 9-year-old could have written that.

Not that I have any bright ideas how they should have done it.

They are setting up a pretty nice war between that motherfu@%ing SOB Ramsey's people and Jon's people (including the wildlings). Sub-story: Will Sansa get to Jon in time to be protected?

One little "problem" they are having is with the time arc and the child actors. With the story lines - especially Jon Snow's - we're supposed to believe not much time has passed between last season's end and this season's start. But Sansa, Tommen and especially Arya and Bran look SOOOO much older now.

But hey, we're supposed to suspend reality when watching a show like this, right? I've mostly enjoyed this season's first two episodes. I loved Tyrion's interaction with the dragons.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
So this past episode made me believe in the Tyrion is not a Lanister but a Targaryen theory. One question though, would you guys prefer the White Walkers obliviate the Ramsey or to see Jon Snow and his band of merrymen take down Ramsey?
Maigh Eo for Sam

chapman

• All American
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
"And now it begins."

"Now it ends."

Oh, hell yes!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:51:25 AM by chapman »

LON

• All American
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2016, 11:24:38 AM »
He must have smelled pretty rank, lying on that table for days.

Most of us surmised that he would come back to life somehow, and at least this show has the magic in it to make it happen (unlike, say, Bobby Ewing on Dallas).

Still, the last 5 minutes was so anticlimactic and cliche.

Witch does magic. Seems to fail. One by one, those who want to believe file out of room, disappointed. Finally, witch leaves, crushed that magic doesn't work. Flash to Snow, flash to wolf, flash back to Snow, flash back to wolf. Wolf opens eyes. Snow, suddenly, opens eyes and gasps for air.

A 9-year-old could have written that.

Not that I have any bright ideas how they should have done it.

They are setting up a pretty nice war between that motherfu@%ing SOB Ramsey's people and Jon's people (including the wildlings). Sub-story: Will Sansa get to Jon in time to be protected?

One little "problem" they are having is with the time arc and the child actors. With the story lines - especially Jon Snow's - we're supposed to believe not much time has passed between last season's end and this season's start. But Sansa, Tommen and especially Arya and Bran look SOOOO much older now.

But hey, we're supposed to suspend reality when watching a show like this, right? I've mostly enjoyed this season's first two episodes. I loved Tyrion's interaction with the dragons.

Pretty sure that John was killed during the early morning (?) and then brought back later that evening (before he turned into a wight).

So episode 1 of this season started essentially a couple hours after episode 10 of last season...or am I wrong?  But yeah, I called Ramsey stabbing Roose moments before that happened (predictable) and my buddy called John opening his eyes and then the credits would roll (also predictable and cliched as you noted).

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
I'm fine with how they brought Jon back.  I don't really think there was a way to do it that would have not been cliche or predictable. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »
So this past episode made me believe in the Tyrion is not a Lanister but a Targaryen theory. One question though, would you guys prefer the White Walkers obliviate the Ramsey or to see Jon Snow and his band of merrymen take down Ramsey?

Great thoughts on Tyrion. Interesting to ponder.

I guess I'd prefer Jon take out Ramsey. I'd hate to lose Ramsey as a character because he is a miserable pretty boy who is wonderful to hate, but it seems inevitable. I guess if the whitewalkers took him out, he'd turn into one of them, though, no? That could be interesting.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2016, 11:13:10 AM »
I'm fine with how they brought Jon back.  I don't really think there was a way to do it that would have not been cliche or predictable.

My problem was that it was too easy.  Just needed a lock or two of his hair?  Why shouldn't she just start bringing dead people back left and right now?  Shouldn't she have needed a rare herb or something?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
Wasn't particularly impressed last night. What did you guys think? On the bright side next week's episode seems like it should be great.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »
It was nice to finally see two Starks in the same scene together again. Brimund could be entertaining.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
Wasn't particularly impressed last night. What did you guys think? On the bright side next week's episode seems like it should be great.

They advanced a few storylines significantly, had some cool scenes, and ended it with a GoT signature "oh sh**" moment.

I think Sansa pushing a hesitant Jon Snow, Baelish and the Vale coming back into the picture, as well as Dany, Tyrion, and Varys now joined by the Dothraki...all that made for a good episode to me.  Can't wait.  Suddenly the Ironborn and their ships look mighty important.

Also, anyone else think Jon Snow is clearly lying about seeing nothing when he was dead?  Like maybe he saw things that terrified him, hence his subdued and somber demeanor?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
They advanced a few storylines significantly, had some cool scenes, and ended it with a GoT signature "oh sh**" moment.

I think Sansa pushing a hesitant Jon Snow, Baelish and the Vale coming back into the picture, as well as Dany, Tyrion, and Varys now joined by the Dothraki...all that made for a good episode to me.  Can't wait.  Suddenly the Ironborn and their ships look mighty important.

Also, anyone else think Jon Snow is clearly lying about seeing nothing when he was dead?  Like maybe he saw things that terrified him, hence his subdued and somber demeanor?

definitely agree Jon is lying about not seeing anything. 
I wish they had a definitive moment of "we're going to war" from Jon. 

Suppose the Dothraki being loyal to Dany is interesting and gives her a pretty good force again to control Slavers bay after the unsullied have been decimated, but the Dothraki are still not going to travel over the seas so it doesn't get me convinced their loyalty advances her toward a battle in Westeros. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
Interesting that at the end it seemed like Dany could control the flame. Looking forward to the R+L=J confirmation that seems to be coming any episode now. Really like to see Jon kill Ramsey Bolton. Or anyone, really. Didn't think Osha had a chance, but figure he has to get his before long.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »

daenerys targaryen for first women Pres of the US.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2016, 06:12:57 PM »
Pretty hot ending last night, a''Ai'na?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:44:16 PM by real chili 83 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »

Pretty hot episode if you ask me.  A lot happened.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
I swear I read somewhere that she was done doing nude scenes.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2016, 08:51:49 PM »

I remember seeing something about that too. Maybe this was already filmed prior to that announcement.

brandx

« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2016, 09:07:15 PM »

Actually, she was bragging that it was really her with no body double.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/emilia-clarke-nude-scene-game-of-thrones_us_5739ba27e4b077d4d6f37384

The actress also wanted viewers to know that the person you saw in the nude scene was all her, “all proud, all strong.”

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was Season 3,” she told EW. “That was awhile ago. It’s now Season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”

It makes sense that Clarke is so open about the topic — the actress was once misquoted saying she hates doing explicit sex scenes, which she later corrected with a post on Instagram. She has absolutely no problem owning her latest nude scene, and she’s ready to talk about it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2016, 09:17:48 PM »
I loved that entire scene with Daenerys. All the talk about how everybody was going to f--- her, including the horses, and then she burns them all to a crisp, emerging from the flames in her birthday suit. A really incredible several minutes.

I thought a ton happened in the episode and enjoyed it immensely.