collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 199415 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
They went out of their way to let us know that Valyrian steel swords can take down white walkers. Curious to see how that develops. Is there enough Valyrian steel out there to equip a small army?

No, there are very few Valyrian steel swords remaining.  Less than 20 I believe, and a good chunk of those are in general areas/families, not explicitly known, location wise.

Dragonglass, which is all over Stannis' castle, is a far more likely weapon.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
No, there are very few Valyrian steel swords remaining.  Less than 20 I believe, and a good chunk of those are in general areas/families, not explicitly known, location wise.

Take those 20, melt them down for a few hundred valyrian tipped arrows.  Boom solved.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »
Good read for anyone wanting to catch up on the history of Westeros.

http://io9.com/a-complete-guide-to-the-mythical-history-of-westeros-1710148588

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2015, 05:19:42 AM »

Or mayhaps combine Dragonglass with castle forged steel using dragon fire.

Mayhaps.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »
oh

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
He doesn't remain dead, just my take.  I haven't read the books, I have no spoiler insight.  I just have a hunch, much like the guy in the Brotherhood from a few seasons ago that had died 6-7 times.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »
He doesn't remain dead, just my take.  I haven't read the books, I have no spoiler insight.  I just have a hunch, much like the guy in the Brotherhood from a few seasons ago that had died 6-7 times.

Fans of the books are waiting as well...he is dead in them also, but that was based on the last book.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2015, 09:33:57 AM »

Agree.  He is dead, but no way he stays that way.  Same cliffhanger that books are on at the moment for four years now.  Cheap of them to put Benjen in the preview as the set up to For the Watch; really thought they were going to give us an answer as to where he's been.

Even though it was off screen, I do believe the One True King is dead.

The whole Dorne sequence this season was terrible.  They had to add Jaime and Bronn to give it some familiarity and star power, and it still fell flat.   

Cersei's walk of shame and the revealing of Ser Robert Strong was really well done.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »
He doesn't remain dead, just my take.  I haven't read the books, I have no spoiler insight.  I just have a hunch, much like the guy in the Brotherhood from a few seasons ago that had died 6-7 times.

Jon Snow "dies" right after Melisandre and her likely powers of resurrection return to Castle Black.
Just saying.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:45:23 AM by Pakuni »

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
If he stays dead I will be very disappointed with this show/books. He was the most interesting character on the show (besides Littlefinger at least, whom they refuse to give screen time) in my opinion.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »
Agreed, no way he stays dead. We'll see what happens with Stannis...weird they cut to the next screen just as she's about to seal the deal.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Melisandre arrives just prior to death.   I am with JWags. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »
Does Jon Snow have "king's blood"?  Could that help with a potential resurrection?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
so many spoilers, but worth reading if you are interested

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/14/8779659/jon-snow-dead-game-of-thrones

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
Some good commentary on the last episode from a guy who has not read the books at all

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-10-recap/

Henry, when you say there are some spoilers, I'm assuming you mean from the books that have not occurred yet?  I watched last nights episode but have not read the books at all, so I am definitely trying to avoid spoilers of that nature.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
Some good commentary on the last episode from a guy who has not read the books at all

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-10-recap/

Henry, when you say there are some spoilers, I'm assuming you mean from the books that have not occurred yet?  I watched last nights episode but have not read the books at all, so I am definitely trying to avoid spoilers of that nature.

I'm sure some folks will disagree, but the show is pretty much caught up with the books. There are definitely differences, however. The post goes into detail about three things:

1. How the attack on Jon Snow went down in the books
2. Why very few readers of the books believed Jon is permanently dead
(Note that this section explicitly discusses R+L=J, so if you don't care about that or don't want to know, then avoid)
3. How readers think Jon Snow could come back
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2016, 09:33:17 PM »
Well, we're back.  Of course, they saved the best for the end of the episode. Sad we didn't see Bran yet.

I've got some theories on Melisandre. Really, just two possibilities. 1. She gave her life/age/beauty so that Jon could live or, 2. She gave up on the "Lord of Light" and is just willing to die now.

Thoughts?

brandx

« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »
Well, we're back.  Of course, they saved the best for the end of the episode. Sad we didn't see Bran yet.

I've got some theories on Melisandre. Really, just two possibilities. 1. She gave her life/age/beauty so that Jon could live or, 2. She gave up on the "Lord of Light" and is just willing to die now.

Thoughts?

My best guess would be #1. Stannis is gone and she has lost her influence.

But, I thought this was probably the best season-opening episode since Year 1.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2016, 11:25:18 PM »

Thoughts?

I'm guessing option 1.

I'm also kinda thinking they won't actually bring back Snow till the mid season finale. Thoughts?
Maigh Eo for Sam

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2016, 02:59:00 AM »

Thoughts?

I thought her youth was tied to the necklace she took off

tower912

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2016, 06:09:03 AM »
Meh.   Other than the execution of the princes of Dorne. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
I re-watched last season's finale and then immediately watched this season's opener.

I enjoyed both ("re-enjoyed" the former) and am looking forward to seeing how the characters and storyline develop.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »
Is this what was going on courtesy of The Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/article/game-thrones-fan-rewatching-past-episodes-remind-s-52796

‘Game Of Thrones’ Fan Rewatching Past Episodes To Remind Self Of What Characters’ Breasts Look Like

NEWS IN BRIEF  April 22, 2016 
Vol 52 Issue 15  Entertainment  ·  Television

FREMONT, CA—In an effort to refresh his memory ahead of the upcoming season of the popular fantasy series, local Game Of Thrones fan Bryan Parker reportedly rewatched past episodes of the show this week to remind himself of what all the characters’ breasts look like. “I remember most of the characters’ breasts, but there are just so many of them, and a lot of the time there’s a bunch on the screen at once, so I felt I really needed to brush up on them just to be safe,” said Parker, who explained that even after regularly watching the show for five seasons, he still often becomes confused trying to keep track of all the various nipples. “Sometimes I have a hard time following along with the storyline and I mistake Daenerys Targaryen’s breasts for Margaery Tyrell’s, since they’re so similar-looking. Honestly, I had to watch the nude scenes set in Littlefinger’s brothel a few times to remember which breasts were which.” Parker added that he was still upset the show killed off his favorite pair of breasts in season four.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
I thought her youth was tied to the necklace she took off

Yes, the necklace is a glamour that tricks everyone into seeing what we always saw.  That was her true really, really old self.