[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: student section chant  (Read 30088 times)

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
Re: student section chant
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:36 AM »
Concur...any geezer have an issue with imitating this?

Less ripping on students, more USC cheerleaders

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:26 AM »
No that is not what I said at all.  What I said was is that students today "steal" chants (as you call it) because past generations did not exactly come up with their own unique ones to pass down.  So I was saying that since most of this board are alumni that attended a hefty amount of games, you cannot bash the student section for having "unoriginal" chants when your class did nothing original when they (you) had the chance.

The hypocrisy of some on this board when it comes to the student section is quite funny; between this original/unoriginal crap and the cries for the stopping of the chant "f**k the Badgers" when most of us as students did it ourselves.
Enjoy your career in middle management.
We Are Marquette

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
Enjoy your career in middle management.

Thanks.  Hopefully you are enjoying yours.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
Sure, wonderful. Personally, I made it work so I could go to the games as well. I realize that's the exception, not the rule. Totally fine.

+1

2 hours of "studying" (quotes because half of that time is going to be spent on facebook or twitter or Scoop or some other procrastination technique), isn't going to make or break your grade on any test...

LON

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »
No that is not what I said at all.  What I said was is that students today "steal" chants (as you call it) because past generations did not exactly come up with their own unique ones to pass down.  So I was saying that since most of this board are alumni that attended a hefty amount of games, you cannot bash the student section for having "unoriginal" chants when your class did nothing original when they (you) had the chance.

The hypocrisy of some on this board when it comes to the student section is quite funny; between this original/unoriginal crap and the cries for the stopping of the chant "f**k the Badgers" when most of us as students did it ourselves.

Another millenial expecting to get something handed to them...

/throws grenade
//runs away

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Another millenial expecting to get something handed to them...

/throws grenade
//runs away

Another baby boomer inflating his youth...

/not looking at you
//seriously

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
I believe at USC they prefer to be referred to as "Song girls." Please. Have some respect.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Careful, ZFB and 4Ever troll at Victims on everynightCougar Night

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:33 PM »
Good or not, I just came up with these ideas in a few minutes. Didn't even need to steal any of the ideas from a bunch of Mormons.

I was under the impression that Utah State was the Park City of the Utah higher education system (that being the oasis in the desert of dryness).

I could be wrong, but that bottle that Wild Bill's teapot appears to be filling (and of which the fan to his right is partaking) - on national TV, no less - seems to run counter to the Mormon faith.  Although he may very well simply be the only Catholic in that student section... who knows.
http://youtu.be/FUVPVqhBAWU?t=45s
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JD

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
3 things you can count on:

1: Death
2: Taxes
3: People b*tching about the student section/chants
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
I believe at USC they prefer to be referred to as "Song girls." Please. Have some respect.
That is correct! Fight on!  ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »
I was under the impression that Utah State was the Park City of the Utah higher education system (that being the oasis in the desert of dryness).

I could be wrong, but that bottle that Wild Bill's teapot appears to be filling (and of which the fan to his right is partaking) - on national TV, no less - seems to run counter to the Mormon faith.  Although he may very well simply be the only Catholic in that student section... who knows.
http://youtu.be/FUVPVqhBAWU?t=45s

No...it's mostly Mormon.  The reason I know this is because it was kind of a shock that the new UW football coach isn't a Mormon.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
Let's talk about something important like why the Big Noggins keep getting smaller and smaller every year.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
Whatever happened to naming the student section?  Al's Army?  Yellow tie-dyed shirts?  How about the Otule chant at tipoff?  Ohhh - tooo - leee, oh le oh le oh le.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
Whatever happened to naming the student section?  Al's Army?  Yellow tie-dyed shirts?  How about the Otule chant at tipoff?  Ohhh - tooo - leee, oh le oh le oh le.

We literally just talked about naming the student section at the last superfans meeting. Als Army was probably the most popular and were looking to get it officially implemented for next season. Actually, the original idea for the "army of one" t-shirts were Als army.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
Let's talk about something important like why the Big Noggins keep getting smaller and smaller every year.

I know, right?  I swear the Bat noggin was the size of the actual bat.
Have some patience, FFS.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »
I know, right?  I swear the Bat noggin was the size of the actual bat.

I haven't seen the Honey Boo-Boo one since it was shown for the first time earlier this season. Why do they keep disappearing? Some are only shown once it seems. I would figure that if they just keep adding them, eventually it would get to the point where nearly everyone in the section behind the hoop should have one. If you add a Big Head, keep it there for good.

honkytonk

• Team Captain
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »
I haven't seen the Honey Boo-Boo one since it was shown for the first time earlier this season. Why do they keep disappearing? Some are only shown once it seems. I would figure that if they just keep adding them, eventually it would get to the point where nearly everyone in the section behind the hoop should have one. If you add a Big Head, keep it there for good.

Bigheads are lame! They are sooooo 2002ish! Lets be creative by stealing a new idea.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
The big noggins' lameness has nothing to do with who they were stolen from and more to do with the fact that they aren't exciting or distracting.

honkytonk

• Team Captain
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
The big noggins' lameness has nothing to do with who they were stolen from and more to do with the fact that they aren't exciting or distracting.

my post wasnt really serious.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:48 PM »
my post wasnt really serious.

Most the people on this board grew up in a time before sarcasm was invented, so be sure to use teal to differentiate between serious thoughts and humor.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
I actually wrote that, clicked post, it did the little "another post has been made" warning. I hit post anyway without reading what you wrote, and poof coincidence makes me kinda look like an a-hole.

leever

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
Reflects poorly on the University?  This might be going a little far.  When the students think of something unique that isn't stolen by another school, like cheering "Automatic" when their guy is shooting free throws, the alumni will still find reason to hate.

Also, very much liked the students chanting "Free Devante" (or something like that) after he was kicked out of the game.  It was well done.

Did any of the guys chanting "Free Devante" know that his name is Davante?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »
Did any of the guys chanting "Free Devante" know that his name is Davante?

Probably, since they pronounced it correctly.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

honkytonk

• Team Captain
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »
We literally just talked about naming the student section at the last superfans meeting. Als Army was probably the most popular and were looking to get it officially implemented for next season. Actually, the original idea for the "army of one" t-shirts were Als army.

Well, unfortunately, there is nothing original about calling a student section an "army." Looks like we are stealing another idea! I did some investigative research on google and it looks like Syracuse's student section is called "Otto's Army." From the pictures, it looks like they are all wearing army helmets. We should copy that! No one will know.

feedback