[Today at 07:29:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by MU82
[Today at 07:28:24 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[June 19, 2024, 08:33:32 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Tyler COLEk
[June 19, 2024, 08:02:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bieleima to Arkansas  (Read 31238 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Bieleima to Arkansas
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
You can think that if you'd like.  I don't see how that makes me any of those things.  I'm not some connected insider.  My stories come directly from coworkers/friends from the stories.  For me to tell them would be to tell my friends that I don't care about their privacy.  Sorry, they won't go on a public forum.
Then don't bring up some third party rumor without being prepared to substantiate it.  

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
Then don't bring up some third party rumor without being prepared to substantiate it.  

I forgot.  This place is held to the same journalistic integrity as the New York Times.

And they aren't rumors.  I'm not here to impress you.  This isn't TMZ.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
They will get a good candidate, no doubt. I am not sure it will be high profile, like say Les miles, Urban Meyer or someone of that ilk.

No.  The message board guys who think they are going to get Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson or even Andy Reid are just silly and setting themselves up for disappointment.  (Sound familiar?)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »
They will get a good candidate, no doubt. I am not sure it will be high profile, like say Les miles, Urban Meyer or someone of that ilk.

Probably not, but I'm not sure that a hire like that would be good for the program anyway.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:21 AM »
I forgot.  This place is held to the same journalistic integrity as the New York Times.

pissing match is over now boys

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »

Good thing.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »

Here's a third-party rumor... Bret Bielema married a Vegas call girl.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Is-brett-bielema-marrying-a-Vegas-call-girl-6002296/1

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
Bret liked to get drunk, run around campus bars and bang co-eds.  The boosters and the athletic dept basically forced him to move out of downtown and out to rural fitchburg to keep him out of the press.  he also has (had) at least 1 possibly 2 minders that made sure he stayed out of trouble.  He also has a driver now (I thing Bo does too, especially given his penchant for Bud Light and doing donuts in his Buick), a smart move by the school to avoid bad PR from a drunk driving coach.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »
You can think that if you'd like.  I don't see how that makes me any of those things.  I'm not some connected insider.  My stories come directly from coworkers/friends from the stories.  For me to tell them would be to tell my friends that I don't care about their privacy.  Sorry, they won't go on a public forum.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »

Looks like Ziggy knows too.  The stories aren't exactly state secrets.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
The stories aren't exactly state secrets.

Then why treat them as such?
Maybe cause it's cool to be Self-Aggrandizing Internet Guy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
Then why treat them as such?
Maybe cause it's cool to be Self-Aggrandizing Internet Guy.

lol I doubt anyone thinks I'm cool.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »
Looks like Ziggy knows too.  The stories aren't exactly state secrets.

I can see the difference between me and hards.  Hards's friends were somehow involved, and I am just reporting the facts as I know them.  Maybe bret tagged one of hards's friends.  maybe bret tagged the girlfriend of a dude he's friends with.  I can respect him not sharing those direct stories, especially when there are just so damn many other BB got drunk and banged this chick story out there in the Mad City.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
Bret liked to get drunk, run around campus bars and bang co-eds.  The boosters and the athletic dept basically forced him to move out of downtown and out to rural fitchburg to keep him out of the press.  he also has (had) at least 1 possibly 2 minders that made sure he stayed out of trouble.  He also has a driver now (I thing Bo does too, especially given his penchant for Bud Light and doing donuts in his Buick), a smart move by the school to avoid bad PR from a drunk driving coach.

I think things like drinking, premarital sex, and the sexual predation of college students by a college adminstrator is way out of bounds.  This is serious stuff man, should not be joking about.

;)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
lol I doubt anyone thinks I'm cool.

Well.... not anymore.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
I can see the difference between me and hards.  Hards's friends were somehow involved, and I am just reporting the facts as I know them.  Maybe bret tagged one of hards's friends.  maybe bret tagged the girlfriend of a dude he's friends with.  I can respect him not sharing those direct stories, especially when there are just so damn many other BB got drunk and banged this chick story out there in the Mad City.

yup pretty much.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
SEC co-eds won't be able to restrain themselves...

http://guyism.com/sports/shirtless-bret-bielema-will-haunt-your-dreams.html

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »
UW is a mid-level B10 program    ?-(

Six conference championships and 3 Rose Bowl wins in 20 years.  Only Ohio $tate can compare with that and I think we know that they operate like an $EC program.

They will be good with Meyer as they get back to busine$$ as u$ual, but nobody is worried about a resurgent PennState. They are on probabtion for 10 years and it will be another 10 after that before they recover fully, if ever.

Personally I am fine with BB leaving.  And his wife wasn't a call girl but may have been at Mons Venus (unconfirmed).   He did act like a fool when he first got to town.

This is an opportunity for the program to go up a level, but also a huge risk of dropping with the wrong hire.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »
UW is a mid-level B10 program    ?-(

Six conference championships and 3 Rose Bowl wins in 20 years.  Only Ohio $tate can compare with that and I think we know that they operate like an $EC program.

Below OSU, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska.  Those four have more money and more tradition. 

5 out of 14 isn't bad though.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
A program that has NEVER won a bowl game (Northwestern) is now a solid middle of the packer (ahead of Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota and Maryland and on a par with Purdue, Iowa and Rutgers) in the Big 10. Says all you need to know about them as a football conference.

GGGG

• All American

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »
Penn St is done and from the time they have been in the Big 10 they have wildly underperformed UW. They should be kicked out of the conference anyway for putting up with child rape for so long.

In 2 years in the Big 10, Nebraska trails badly as well.   The days of Tommy Frazier and Eric Crouch have long since passed.

Sure those two have wayyyyyyy more football tradition and it is done close.  We are talking about currently and going forward.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
Correct.  All four devote more $$$ to football than UW does.

Look, I am not a hater.  I grew up in Madison and watch UW games regularly.  But this is their peak.  Florida bowl games with occasionally competing for titles is the best you are going to get.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Correct.  All four devote more $$$ to football than UW does.

Look, I am not a hater.  I grew up in Madison and watch UW games regularly.  But this is their peak.  Florida bowl games with occasionally competing for titles is the best you are going to get.

SEE

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
Insomnious thought of the morning:

Most D-I coaching contracts would have "no tampering" clauses, no?  So is it sage to assume that Arkansas would have needed to contact Barry to get permission to speak to Bielema?

If so, what's the deal with the whole [paraphrased] "HOLY FREAKIN' CHRIST (who we don't actually believe in except during Christmas) WE WERE BLINDSIDED BY THIS" message coming from UW?  If UW knew that Arkansas wanted to talk to Bielema:

1) Evidently UW gave Arkansas permission (otherwise we'd be hearing rumblings of tampering by now)
2) When an SEC team comes calling on your coach, they're not interviewing the guy just for kicks
3) One would assume Barry would have said something to Bielema along the lines of "if they make you an offer, talk to me before you make a decision."
4) Regardless of #3, one would assume that before accepting the job Bielema probably would have called Barry to say, "Arkansas made me an offer of X... can we talk?" (unless Bret was horribly disgruntled at Wisconsin, despite three straight Rose Bowls)

So why the heck is UW playing the "innocent bystander" card?  Granted, they didn't have to come out and say "yeah, we knew he was talking to Arkansas, and we just couldn't match the offer," but to have taken the position that UW has - at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum, no less - seems rather defensive when you think about it.

And so why would UW be on the defensive?  Are they really trying to hide the [obvious] fact that they can't compete with the SEC when it comes to operating a football program, and if so, from whom are they trying to keep this nugget of wisdom?  If UW simply let Bielema go without a fight, would it have been a blow to the ego of Bucky Nation (most of them wanted Bielema out years ago)?  Was this a "thank God for Arkansas" moment for the Board of Regents?  Or did Barry channel his inner LW and draw a line in the sand prompting Bielema to take the initiative in contacting Arkansas?

Some of the statements that have come out on both sides simply don't make sense.  (Unless there wasn't any tampering language in Bielema's contract, in which case the incomprehensible genius of Barry Alvarez strikes again.)

feedback