collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bieleima to Arkansas  (Read 30954 times)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: OT: Brett Bielema To Arkansas
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
You think Bo would recruit "Traditionals" at D-Back?

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Paul Chryst?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
Paul Chryst?

According to the idiots on the Badger board they think that Urban Meyer, and Jim Tressell are going to drop what they are doing to head to Madison.  True story.  One guy even suggested Les Miles.  are they stupid or something?

JD

• All American
Re: Bieleima to Arkansas
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »
UW-Madison fans just got a rude awakening as to where their football program stands in the national pecking order.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
But but but but UW-madison coaches don't leave for other jobs.  LOL.

Actually, might be an improvement for Becky...I think BB was not a very good coach when it came to time management, decision making, etc.  I hope he coaches in the Rose Bowl as I would love to see Stanford annihilate them.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
According to the idiots on the Badger board they think that Urban Meyer, and Jim Tressell are going to drop what they are doing to head to Madison.  True story.  One guy even suggested Les Miles.  are they stupid or something?

Rhetorical question?

JD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Rhetorical question?

Rhetorical Farley. 
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
UW-Madison fans just got a rude awakening as to where their football program stands in the national pecking order.

I'm trying to think of the last time a coach left Wisconsin for another job like this.  At least at this level.  The best I can come up with is Stu Jackson when he left after two years in the early 90s, but he hadn't really been around all that long.

Bob Johnson leaving the hockey program.

But that's about it.

JD

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »

I'm trying to think of the last time a coach left Wisconsin for another job like this.  At least at this level.  The best I can come up with is Stu Jackson when he left after two years in the early 90s, but he hadn't really been around all that long.

But that's about it.

When Marquette's basketball coach makes as much as their football coach, you can bet, coaches will entertain offers.

AL

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »
But but but but UW-madison coaches don't leave for other jobs.  LOL.

Actually, might be an improvement for Becky...I think BB was not a very good coach when it came to time management, decision making, etc.  I hope he coaches in the Rose Bowl as I would love to see Stanford annihilate them.

You and me both. I look forward to Stanford slapping the snot out of Becky.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 04:58:20 PM »

But that's about it.

The flip side, though, is that UW hasn't had many coaches who were attractive to other programs.
Bo is an excellent coach, but at 60+ years old and a Wisconsin (state of, not  UW) lifer, he's not going anywhere.
Alvarez had some interest from Miami, but he would have been walking into a cesspool of NCAA violations and was wise to avoid it.

Beyond those two, which Bucky coach would have been in high demand?
Don Morton? Steve Yoder?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »

Not to nitpick, but this year's RB comes with a HUGE asterisk.

I totally agree, but even if they hadn't had the good fortune of making it again due to circumstances, he's still only one year removed from what has to be one of their best squads of all time.  And like I said, I barely pay attention to CFB, but on the surface it seems like they're a bit spoiled if they're dissatisfied with his recent three year body of work.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
You think Bo would recruit "Traditionals" at D-Back?

Yes, as well as exclusively at RB & WR.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
Most UW fans even could tell Bielema was a huge d-bag and the program did just as much winning as the coach.  This isn't much of a loss for them, but it'll look like it in the coming years when being in third place in their division doesn't let them play a mediocre team for a Rose Bowl berth.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
The flip side, though, is that UW hasn't had many coaches who were attractive to other programs.
Bo is an excellent coach, but at 60+ years old and a Wisconsin (state of, not  UW) lifer, he's not going anywhere.
Alvarez had some interest from Miami, but he would have been walking into a cesspool of NCAA violations and was wise to avoid it.

Beyond those two, which Bucky coach would have been in high demand?
Don Morton? Steve Yoder?

Also, Barry's dream was to be just like Bob Devaney and get the Athletic Director spot after coaching, which kept him at UW. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
Really?  Not arguing with you, as I only pay peripheral attention to college FB, but since when do UW fans have the right to complain over 3 straight Rose Bowls?  Granted, the guy comes of as a total douche and I know they were down this year, but last year he delivered what I can only assume was their best team in 20-25 years, if not longer.  You don't get any sort of leash with the fan base after that?

Russel Wilson was a magic gift last year.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »

Hey, you have to get him there somehow...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:37 PM »
How quickly things change...

“I can tell you this,” says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. “We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-02-02/urban-meyer-negative-recruiting-ohio-state-bret-bielema-upset

Or a recent take: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8709906

Bret Bielema, who you crappin?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Gotta love arrogant, delusional Becky fans. The only top coach not on their list of candidates is Jon Gruden...and I'm sure he'll soon be added to the pile.

Go Stanford!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »
The reality is that despite being put in the weaker of the two divisions, they still have to deal with Ohio State.  He knows he is playing for second in that division at best almost every year.  When Penn State recovers, he's playing for third.  He gets a huge pay day to go to Arkansas, but he's also going to get a real big reality check down there.  Not sure how long he lasts, maybe he can do wonders but I suspect this was all about a once in a lifetime pay day from a desperate SEC school backing up the Brinks truck.

I can't wait to see the press conference with him singing that stupid sooo-wheeeee song.  The guy is a pig, so it fits.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »

Then let's play that game with Crean/DWade.  Oh wait you go into raving hysterics anytime anyone does that.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
I've heard Becky will be interviewing Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin, and Jim Harbaugh. Gosh, it's nice being the ultimate destination job in college football.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
Then let's play that game with Crean/DWade.  Oh wait you go into raving hysterics anytime anyone does that.

Are you comparing a coach who recruited and landed Wade and who chose to stay at Marquette 3 full years to a grad student that transferred for one year to a school that needed a QB (because he was denied the ability to play baseball for the Colorado Rockies farm system at his old school NC State)?

I fail to see any comparison at all.

Recruited vs non-recruited
3 years vs 1 year
Already graduated and was a "free agent" for any major program needing a QB
Etc,etc

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »

Big Noggin

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
U

I fail to see any comparison at all.

Recruited vs non-recruited
3 years vs 1 year
Already graduated and was a "free agent" for any major program needing a QB
Etc,etc

They both were recruited - and I'm sure Bielema had stiffer competition than Illinois State as Wilson was fully qualified.
2 years (had to sit out a year) vs 1, but so what?
They were both "free agents", though Wade was a much easier get because none of the "big guys" could take him due to grades.
Don't know what etc.,etc. means.

Bottom line - If your characterization of Wilson falling into Bielema's lap is accurate, it's as or more accurate in the TC/Wade situation.

feedback