Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NUNN  (Read 27829 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: NUNN
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
I assume we are still among the favorites.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
Why would a top recruit want to be the face of a program and help bring it back to National prominence? He could do that at Bradley? Wouldn't one rather be a part of a great team and be in the hunt for a national Championship each year before turning pro, while being close to home?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »
Plus bein' a part of a great conference like the Big East.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »
Why would a top recruit want to be the face of a program and help bring it back to National prominence? He could do that at Bradley? Wouldn't one rather be a part of a great team and be in the hunt for a national Championship each year before turning pro, while being close to home?
Starting and being a star from day one can be very appealing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
I feel that directly or indirectly, Nunn will commit this weekend. Either he verbals to UI, or of he leaves without committing, he's ours.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
When does Nunn plan to announce his decision?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Susposedly after all of his visits. However, he has been to MU enough, so he does not have to visit us again. I say there is a 50% chance he commits to someone else before he visits MU. MU is the leader, if he shows up at Marquette Madness.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »

As a soph, Patrick O'Bryant led Bradley to the Sweet 16 and became a lottery pick (i.e. made millions) because of it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »

Are you Kendrick's Dad? I think he said something very similar a short while back. It's a done deal--he's coming here. I'll give him til Oct. 13th.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
Are you Kendrick's Dad? I think he said something very similar a short while back. It's a done deal--he's coming here. I'll give him til Oct. 13th.

Perhaps. Who is his mom?

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
As a soph, Patrick O'Bryant led Bradley to the Sweet 16 and became a lottery pick (i.e. made millions) because of it.

But he didn't contend for a National Championship and would have made the same money if he played elsewhere.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »
But he didn't contend for a National Championship and would have made the same money if he played elsewhere.

If Bradley had gotten knocked out in the 1st Round, he wouldn't have left early and wouldn't have been a lottery pick.

My point was that being a big fish in a small pond can have its advantages.

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
FWIW this is what Illini fans are saying...

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=18279&page=104

Wonder if his source is "Aki Collins" as well.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »
MU had an in home visit on Monday...went well. They had a mix tape with KN and DJO..showing how they are similar players and how KN would fit in to MU.

Melvin (Dad) is a solid MU lean...if he comes to MM unsigned he will be at MU IMHO.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
FWIW this is what Illini fans are saying...

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=18279&page=104

Fairly reasonable responses.  Interesting that they label Buzz as "pushy."  Almost makes you wonder if MU has other options that are hotter right now.

Too bad that they couldn't have hung onto Bruce Weber for a year longer because I think we would have been in better shape going up against him.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »

Fairly reasonable responses.  Interesting that they label Buzz as "pushy."  Almost makes you wonder if MU has other options that are hotter right now.

Too bad that they couldn't have hung onto Bruce Weber for a year longer because I think we would have been in better shape going up against him.

MU is—and has always been—Nunn's safety school. That's why he keeps retreating as Buzz advances. Nunn will not be coming to MU—and was never interested in the first place. MU was a nice fall back if all other options dried up. Nunn now has Illinois and OSU. Two schools in a stable, major conference.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
MU is—and has always been—Nunn's safety school. That's why he keeps retreating as Buzz advances. Nunn will not be coming to MU—and was never interested in the first place. MU was a nice fall back if all other options dried up. Nunn now has Illinois and OSU. Two schools in a stable, major conference.

Here's the link to the ChicagoHoops story on the MU in home visit which was the day after the Illinois in home visit.  It doesn't exactly backup your opinion.  Frankly, I think that your statement that MU is Nunn's safety school is completely unsubstantiated.  It's always seemed likely to me that Nunn's favorite was MU, but he disciplined himself to not commit until he had checked out all his options to avoid another potential decommit like he did with Texas A&M.

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2322:nunn-marquette-have-very-good-in-home&catid=34:recruiting
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
I think those who write off MU as Nunn's "safety school" do so in order to not get their hopes up.  There is not much evidence that this is the case.

That being said, if I were a betting man, I would say "Illinois."

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
MU had an in home visit on Monday...went well. They had a mix tape with KN and DJO..showing how they are similar players and how KN would fit in to MU.

Melvin (Dad) is a solid MU lean...if he comes to MM unsigned he will be at MU IMHO.

When Big Daddy speaks, we should listen!   ;D  I am hopeful that your inside track is spot on.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:51 PM »
I think those who write off MU as Nunn's "safety school" do so in order to not get their hopes up.  There is not much evidence that this is the case.

That being said, if I were a betting man, I would say "Illinois."

Groce has certainly taken them from dead in the water to a viable destination.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »
Here's the link to the ChicagoHoops story on the MU in home visit which was the day after the Illinois in home visit.  It doesn't exactly backup your opinion.  Frankly, I think that your statement that MU is Nunn's safety school is completely unsubstantiated.  It's always seemed likely to me that Nunn's favorite was MU, but he disciplined himself to not commit until he had checked out all his options to avoid another potential decommit like he did with Texas A&M.

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2322:nunn-marquette-have-very-good-in-home&catid=34:recruiting

+1--I would be very surprised if he's not wearing B and G.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
When Big Daddy speaks, we should listen!   ;D  I am hopeful that your inside track is spot on.

Except when he makes assessments of Jimmy Butler's abilities.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 03:10:05 PM »
I feel that directly or indirectly, Nunn will commit this weekend. Either he verbals to UI, or of he leaves without committing, he's ours.

I concur.  If Nunn leaves Illinois without committing, then I believe his plan was to 'show respect' to the in-state state school.  You can assume that Nunn and Steve Taylor are talking.  I have every reason to believe that Steve is very happy at MU so far.  That can't be a bad thing.

I put our chances at 70%.