[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NUNN  (Read 27831 times)

marquette20

• Starter
Re: NUNN
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »
Memphis is out also which puts Marquette against U of I and tOSU
I would say it is really 50/50 between Marquette and U of I seeing Ohio State is delaying their in home due to the strike
Also, the visits could be pushed up further though he maybe still end up at Madness regardless

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Parker-Nunn-update-recruitments?blockID=771993&feedID=629
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:00:24 PM by marquette20 »

JD

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
Except when he makes assessments of Jimmy Butler's abilities.

Or what clothes are packed, and also his percentages....
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

cecramer

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
Why would a top recruit want to be the face of a program and help bring it back to National prominence? He could do that at Bradley? Wouldn't one rather be a part of a great team and be in the hunt for a national Championship each year before turning pro, while being close to home?

Are you making a case for Marquette or Ohio State ... or both?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »
90 miles vs 350 miles. It's a done deal.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 06:14:31 PM »
90 miles vs 350 miles. It's a done deal.

An important factor I believe.  Mr. Nunn can ride with me up to the games.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 06:19:43 PM »
Here's the link to the ChicagoHoops story on the MU in home visit which was the day after the Illinois in home visit.  It doesn't exactly backup your opinion.  Frankly, I think that your statement that MU is Nunn's safety school is completely unsubstantiated.  It's always seemed likely to me that Nunn's favorite was MU, but he disciplined himself to not commit until he had checked out all his options to avoid another potential decommit like he did with Texas A&M.

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2322:nunn-marquette-have-very-good-in-home&catid=34:recruiting

Nunn's father gave us a nice, polite review of MU's in-home visit. So what? That tells me it wasn't a complete disaster—which I never expected it to be. Nunn is not coming to MU. He wants a big-time school in a big-time conference. He wanted Kentucky, UCLA, or UNC (but they weren't interested enough to seriously pursue him. UCLA came the closest, but backed off). Now he has Illinois and OSU.

I reserve the right to say I told you so when Nunn picks Illinois and says OSU was a close second.  

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
An important factor I believe.  Mr. Nunn can ride with me up to the games.
Given recent events I'd recommend rethinking the compliance of that ride. (half-teal)
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Given recent events I'd recommend rethinking the compliance of that ride. (half-teal)

Make him pay for the gas.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »

Nunn's father gave us a nice, polite review of MU's in-home visit. So what? That tells me it wasn't a complete disaster—which I never expected it to be. Nunn is not coming to MU. He wants a big-time school in a big-time conference. He wanted Kentucky, UCLA, or UNC (but they weren't interested enough to seriously pursue him. UCLA came the closest, but backed off). Now he has Illinois and OSU.

I reserve the right to say I told you so when Nunn picks Illinois and says OSU was a close second.  
Ok groin pull--I will hold you to that. I reserve the same right when I hear KN say "the relationship with Buzz, their style of play, the proximity to my hometown, my buddy Steve Taylor is there and already loves what's going on.....I liked Illinois, but I wanted to be on a team that isn't on the rebound, but rather has natl title hopes. My dream has always been to play in the league and with what Buzz has done with Wes, Zar, Jimmy, Jae that's why I decided to take my talents to Wisconsin Ave."

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
Unfortunately I'm no longer feeling good about MUs chances with Nunn.  I think signs point to an Illinois verbal unless things change quickly.  I'm hoping he makes it to madness but don't expect it.  Hope I'm wrong!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:55:01 PM by shaquilvaine »

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »

Yea cause Illinois is a big time school  ::)
The last time they were any good was 2005

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
Unfortunately I'm no longer feeling good about MUs chances with Nunn.  I think signs point to an Illinois verbal unless things change quickly.  I'm hoping he makes it to madness but don't expect it.  Hope I'm wrong!

what changed your mind?  the guy on the Illini board?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
Make him pay for the gas.

There's a winner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »
You are wrong. Illinois? Trust me Mr. Nunn we expect to be competitive in the near future. Buzz is selling 3 burger boys with the addition of your son. Get back on board Shaq.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
what changed your mind?  the guy on the Illini board?

No, what I'm hearing from others from MU. They haven't given up on him, but sounds like his communication with us is changing.  His twitter feed hints towards this as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:55:54 AM by shaquilvaine »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
I'd say this recruitment is a classic case of just how much of a mindf*ck recruiting can be for coaches.  It's been quite the dance.  Think of all of the time, energy, and effort put into recruiting these kids, yet the kid can only choose 1 school - which makes your chances of being the loser much greater.  The mind of a 16 and 17 year old is quite fickle.  I'm sure for K Nunn, its also a hard process - lots of pros and cons to evaluate.

At the end of the day, Buzz and MU have a lot of selling points - if Kendrick chooses elsewhere - I'd be very disappointed.  MU's roster, Buzz's coaching results, and track record for getting guys drafted - all point toward MU being a FAR better option than the start up situation with Groce in Illinois.  MU wins on the geography battle with OSU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
E.C. Matthews is coming in this weekend, basically another clone of Nunn. 6'4 lefty guard. Maybe not as explosive, but a little taller.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting/20163161/ec-matthews-looking-to-trim-list-marcus-lee-down-to-three

Have to think they aren't going to wait for Nunn anymore if another comparable guard wants to commit.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
No, what I'm hearing from others from MU. They haven't given up on him, but sounds like his communication with us is changing.  His twitter feed hints towards this as well.

Buzz cooled on him

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2012, 11:05:48 AM »
E.C. Matthews is coming in this weekend, basically another clone of Nunn. 6'4 lefty guard. Maybe not as explosive, but a little taller.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting/20163161/ec-matthews-looking-to-trim-list-marcus-lee-down-to-three

Have to think they aren't going to wait for Nunn anymore if another comparable guard wants to commit.

I am in favor of making Nunns' decision easier by giving his scholarship to Matthews.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »

Numerous recruits in the last week or so have been providing verbal commitments.  It is getting close to opening of both the high school and college seasons and alot of recruits want to make their decisions prior to their own seasons starting. 

Buzz probably waiting on Nunn as the #1 SG target, but the other recruits, like target #2, target #3 may not want to wait that long.  Competitive atmosphere for Buzz, who has to confirm with those targets at 2 and 3, etc. that MU is waiting for a decision on the kid in front of you.  One has to wonder if a cut-off date has been set for Nunn, like a take it or leave it because MU has to move on. 

Will be interesting in next few weeks and Midnight Madness.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
Numerous recruits in the last week or so have been providing verbal commitments.  It is getting close to opening of both the high school and college seasons and alot of recruits want to make their decisions prior to their own seasons starting. 

Buzz probably waiting on Nunn as the #1 SG target, but the other recruits, like target #2, target #3 may not want to wait that long.  Competitive atmosphere for Buzz, who has to confirm with those targets at 2 and 3, etc. that MU is waiting for a decision on the kid in front of you.  One has to wonder if a cut-off date has been set for Nunn, like a take it or leave it because MU has to move on. 

Will be interesting in next few weeks and Midnight Madness.
One of the toughest things in recruiting is knowing when to cut your losses. A week ago MU was one of 5 teams in the Nunn race. Now they are one of three, which would seem to indicate progress. However, at one point they were considered the favorite to land Nunn. Now it might be Illinois? Then you have to factor on the potential of signing Washington or Embiid. Also are you going add one or two more? Two scholarships allow you to take option 2 or 3 and remain in the race for Embiid or Washington. One scholarship means you are done, if you take option 2 or 3 and therefore you might want to hold out for Nunn or a frontcourt player.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
I doubt if EC Matthews is going to commit on a unofficial visit this weekend, but if he does, you definitely take that commitment.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
I doubt if EC Matthews is going to commit on a unofficial visit this weekend, but if he does, you definitely take that commitment.
He commits if the visit goes so good that he sees MU as his clear choice.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
I don't think Matthews will commit yet, but MU can certainly use him to put the pressure on Nunn. But if Matthews is ready to commit before Madness, I think you take it. While I think we have a solid shot with Nunn if he gets here, you don't pass on a top-100 guy unless you're waiting on a sure-fire All-American, which unfortunately KN is not.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »
He commits if the visit goes so good that he sees MU as his clear choice.

Yeah, but he's got choices and some schools that have been after him longer than we have.

feedback