'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NUNN  (Read 27832 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: NUNN
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
Other schools may not be in as solid of a conference as MU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »

Yeah, but he's got choices and some schools that have been after him longer than we have.
We have been on Nunn a long time. That becomes a negative after awhile as there is a reason why the recruit has not committed. I rather be one of the newer schools on Matthews as he could perceive us as a step up from his previous choices.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:35 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Buzz is moving on from this one.

He wants guys that want to be here. This recruitment shares some similarities with Jamil's. MU was there all along, and eventually Buzz had enough. When they couldn't pull the trigger, they gave the scholly to Roseboro *shudder*.

If Matthews is ready to go, they'll take the verbal.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
1.  Nunn
2.  Kameron Williams
3.  E C  Matthews

Agree that Nunn doesn't really want to be here. It's a perfect fit for him. Williams has an impressive An a great scouting report.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »
Agree with Bilsu and MU that Buzz may be moving on.  Nunn has had plenty of time to commit to MU.  It's time for MU to sign a player that wants to play at MU.  Sign either Mathews or another player... there are a lot of talented recruits to sign.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Buzz is moving on from this one.

He wants guys that want to be here. This recruitment shares some similarities with Jamil's. MU was there all along, and eventually Buzz had enough. When they couldn't pull the trigger, they gave the scholly to Roseboro *shudder*.

If Matthews is ready to go, they'll take the verbal.

I agree with you re Matthews, but why would you think "he's moving on" from Nunn?  Ever since he announced his official visits, two of those schools have dropped out.  He just went to his house on Monday for an in-home visit.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I agree with you re Matthews, but why would you think "he's moving on" from Nunn?  Ever since he announced his official visits, two of those schools have dropped out.  He just went to his house on Monday for an in-home visit.

"Moving on" may have been a poor choice of words. I just don't think he'll be waiting on Nunn before taking someone else.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
Maybe the "pressure" rumored during the Buzz visit the Illini board was refering to was Buzz saying "I've got some TOP prospects at your position who are ready to commit right now.  You were our first and we want you but if you can't tell me now, I'm going to give this other guy the green light".
I think the plan was for Nunn to visit the other 4 and then commit at MM.  But if the staff thinks he's less than 95% they may give his spot away rather than losing all prospects at 2G.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »
Maybe the "pressure" rumored during the Buzz visit the Illini board was refering to was Buzz saying "I've got some TOP prospects at your position who are ready to commit right now.  You were our first and we want you but if you can't tell me now, I'm going to give this other guy the green light".
I think the plan was for Nunn to visit the other 4 and then commit at MM.  But if the staff thinks he's less than 95% they may give his spot away rather than losing all prospects at 2G.
I think less than 50%. 95% I would hold out for.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
Other schools may not be in as solid of a conference as MU.

Always the merry prankster!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »
I think less than 50%. 95% I would hold out for.

The % would be in Buzz's mind anyway.  The point I'm making is that Buzz probably put the pressure on knowing he had a decision to make that couldn't wait till MM.  Did Buzz get what he wanted?  No one outside the program knows for sure.  The only evidence I would point to is that A) MU hasn't recieved a commitment from another 2 guard since B) BigDaddy who has had reliable inside info in the past says he is 70% sure Nunn will commit to MU.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
Moving On??
What are we Badger Fans who when they dont get a recruit say Bo cooled on them?

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
The DePaul Blue Demons are aggressively pursuing big man options in the class of 2013.  They checked in on one of their targets this week in La Lumiere (IN) power forward Torren Jones.  The athletic four-man transferred to La Lumiere for his senior season from Arizona .

Jones discussed what he likes most about DePaul.

“The location and the coaching staff.”

He says he has a tight relationship with assistant coach Billy Garrett.  The Blue Demons will get an official visit out of Jones as he says he has two lined up.

“22nd and 29th this month with Washington State and DePaul.”

Jones has narrowed his list of schools to five.

“Cal, Washington State, DePaul, Marquette, and Mizzou no order.”

What will be important in a program?

“Location, style of play, and education.”

Jones is an athletic forward that can attack off the bounce.  He has quick and aggressive moves around the hoop and is a good offensive rebounder.  The senior is a high flyer around the hoop and makes highlight reel plays on a consistent basis.

DePaul is very much in the mix for the services of Jones who ranks as one of the top 100 prospects in the nation.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 10:57:09 AM »
No E.C. Matthews this weekend per Evan Daniels.. Could read a lot into that, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Room510

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »
Good to see all the Illini boosters adhering to the "don't tweet" rule today.  Kendrick seems to be enjoying.

www.twitter.com/KNunnSG
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:12:45 PM by Room510 »

fanofTR

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
Yeah he sure enjoys retweeting all those Illinois fans. Probably reading too much into it, but I don't like that he really seems to be enjoying/agreeing with all the U of I fans that he will have a great time and be the future face of the program. I usually dont read too much into prospects tweets but this recruitment just feels a little different. If I had to rank the current schools right now I think I would go

1. Illinois

2. Marquette
3. Ohio State

Really hope I am wrong on this as Nunn is probably the recruit I have wanted us to get the most since Iman Shumpert days maybe. Think he could be that big of a contributor to the program and right away. He would fit Buzz's whole style to a tee imo. Really hope we pull out all the stops and atleast get him to Midnight Madness.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »
Speaking of Shumpert, if someone can refresh my memory, wasn't that the recruit that Crean lost and was rumored to be partially the reason he left for IU knowing he could never recruit at the top level here at MU. Could be a different situation with Nunn, but you would have to think Buzz would be bummed if he lost this recruiting battle and hopefully he doesn't feel the same way as Crean after this one's over.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
Speaking of Shumpert, if someone can refresh my memory, wasn't that the recruit that Crean lost and was rumored to be partially the reason he left for IU knowing he could never recruit at the top level here at MU. Could be a different situation with Nunn, but you would have to think Buzz would be bummed if he lost this recruiting battle and hopefully he doesn't feel the same way as Crean after this one's over.

Burton is ranked higher than Nunn at least in Scout.  (52 v. 54)

Schumpert was ranked #18. 

They really aren't analogous. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »

Crean was never staying at MU from the moment he was offered the job. Strictly a stepping stone gig. Problem was most people bought the crap he was sellin'. Always was and still is phony as a 3 dollar bill.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Leonardite

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21:03 PM »
Hello Marquette Fans from Illinois.

I come in peace, and have much respect for your program (I LOVED DJO and Crowder last year, some of my favorite players btw.)

If you look at IllinoisLoyalty.com, you can see we obviously think we have Nunn locked up. This comes from 2 of our most credible posters with inside knowledge. Also, if you check out Kendrick's twitter, you can see one of his last tweets was to Xavier Rathan-Mayes, asking for XRM's phone number. We are currently after XRM (we were announced as in his top 3 tonight) and Nunn. (I think, and most Illinois fans think) that this is a sign of Nunn's commitment and him helping recruit XRM to Illinois, to create a Top-5 freshman class.

Thought I would share this with you all and good luck this season!

GoldenEagleExchange

• Walk-On
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
I really doubt nunn would recruit a player ranked higher than him that plays the same position. If anything, he is seeing where XRM goes so he won't go there.

GoldenEagleExchange

• Walk-On
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »
One of nunns biggest things was that he wanted playing time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Greetings, Lenny. Hope you're wrong, suspect you're right. Nunn would be a really good get for Groce. The other guy would be even better.

Leonardite

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 09:42:38 PM »
Coach Groce went 10 deep while at Ohio and has said multiple times he will use almost his whole team during games. For XRM, it comes down to Florida St, ILL, and UConn (not likely with Calhoun gone), and he's announcing sometime in October (13th?). Take the tweet as you will, but I know Groce has presented the idea to XRM (and Nunn too probably) about coming here and creating a mini "Fab 5".

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »
Yeah he sure enjoys retweeting all those Illinois fans. Probably reading too much into it...

It's soooooo hard to tell with twitter-length posts, but all I see there is a guy enjoying his time in the spotlight. If I was getting shout outs like that, I'd be retweeting them left and right too.

If we start seeing tweets written by him praising the school / coach / team, I worry. Until then, I think it's just a kid enjoying his fame. More power to him!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:14:24 PM by Utile et Dulce »
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

feedback