[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What Is Your Opinion About "Hiroshima" (as it pertains to this board)?

Serious concern
7 (3.9%)
Moderate concern
39 (21.7%)
Something from the "tin foil hat" crowd
102 (56.7%)
Never heard of it
9 (5%)
Heard of it but not sure what it means
23 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: Hiroshima Poll  (Read 17776 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Hiroshima Poll
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
I'm more of a fez-hat kinda cat myself, rollin around on my little go cart.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 07:53:06 AM »
All that this poll proves is that this forum can turn into a giant circlejerk.

Was the use of 'Hiroshima' over-the-top hyperbole?  Yep

Did a number of reputable posters speak up saying that they've heard rumblings of academic issues?  Yep

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:33 AM »
I'm more of a fez-hat kinda cat myself, rollin around on my little go cart.

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
All that this poll proves is that this forum can turn into a giant circlejerk.

Was the use of 'Hiroshima' over-the-top hyperbole?  Yep

Did a number of reputable posters speak up saying that they've heard rumblings of academic issues?  Yep

For the record, I always felt the rumors were relatively reasonable/believable, it's the conclusions that people made based off these rumors that seemed insane.

"Where there is smoke there is fire" isn't always an accurate statement.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »
What if hire is based on Chew being head coach in a year?

I voted "tin foil hat" though I dislike the phrase and don't think it's accurate.

That said, even what should be very good news (Chew) is turned on its head.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Lloyd
I would agree on the surface this is very good news. Time will tell if it becomes great news and will be proven by continued upper end recruiting and continuity at the head coach position. Usually by June 1st I have no reason to think that team for next year is not 100% set and hope that ends up being true this year. I never bought into the hiroshima in regards to academics and kids being forced out, yet I still finding myself looking everyday hoping no bad news comes out.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »
I never bought into the hiroshima in regards to academics and kids being forced out, yet I still finding myself looking everyday hoping no bad news comes out.
This is the best assessment that I have seen yet. It is sad to be hoping for no bad news, but I can relate.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:22 AM »
Nah - I will let Dimes and Pakuni call out your idiocy for me...

I'd like to participate as well, especially since Boceph thinks whenever someone disagrees with him it is the same person with multiple accounts.  He can't fathom the concept that many do not agree with him on this issue, instead it is something sinister, almost tin-foilish (not a word, I know) going on. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »
Hoop
To disagree is complete acceptable to me. All I have ever asked is for someone to disagree with facts and not just opinion. Gladly respect anyone's opinion but not going to accept it as factual without facts. Virtually every post saying everything is perfect in Warrior Nation is someone's opinion. If all anyone is stating opinion not sure why Dimes or Madtown has opinion better than mine or anyone elses.

I am very glad that you are completely confident that Buzz is remaining long term and no issues in program. I want to be wrong on the big picture issues and want us to climb the hoops ladder in upcoming years. No budget is too big for me, I'd take one and done's, JUCO's, transfers and borderline students everyday. I have ZERO interest or desire for anything negative to happen. That said, until proven otherwise I will be watching closely.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »

opinions are fine, disagreements are fine - what I take offense to is the use of "sources" to state their facts with no ability to define the credibility of the sources,  the build-up of the different sources pointing to an obvious conspiracy of Williams and Pilarz to destroy the MU program (and subsequent message board lynching of both of them) and then using every little bit of news that comes out as positioning to support the conspiracy.

I also dislike the attitude of "prove to me that my sources are incorrect" but I love it when BigDaddy comes out and almost every time says the rumors are crap...

Goose - I am not saying you do all of these but you do supply some of the rumored facts and then others run with them supporting the conspiracy...

Hoop
To disagree is complete acceptable to me. All I have ever asked is for someone to disagree with facts and not just opinion. Gladly respect anyone's opinion but not going to accept it as factual without facts. Virtually every post saying everything is perfect in Warrior Nation is someone's opinion. If all anyone is stating opinion not sure why Dimes or Madtown has opinion better than mine or anyone elses.

I am very glad that you are completely confident that Buzz is remaining long term and no issues in program. I want to be wrong on the big picture issues and want us to climb the hoops ladder in upcoming years. No budget is too big for me, I'd take one and done's, JUCO's, transfers and borderline students everyday. I have ZERO interest or desire for anything negative to happen. That said, until proven otherwise I will be watching closely.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »
opinions are fine, disagreements are fine - what I take offense to is the use of "sources" to state their facts with no ability to define the credibility of the sources

You must have hated Watergate.

I won't claim to have vast sources. But I have had people tell me things in the past when they either didn't want me to convey exact details to others or didn't want people to know it came from them. I think it's pretty common for that to happen. Maybe this place explodes over some of the information that trickles down in that fashion, but is it really the fault of the messenger?

That's the biggest problem on this site. Don't shoot the messenger. If we could fire guns through the internet, the people most willing to share information here would all be rattled with bullet holes.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »
the whole Hiroshima thing SUCKS!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
Madtown
I would take your comments in far better way if you did not feel a need to insult everyone you disagree with. In addition, it would be nice if you coud keep scorecard on your "tinfoil" crowd. Two months after the Buzz/SMU mess I stick by comments, but please do your homework on my comments. I never was in Hiroshima crowd. I do find your taking offense to be comical...offense over what?

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
the whole Hiroshima thing SUCKS!
can i vote for this?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
I'd like to participate as well, especially since Boceph thinks whenever someone disagrees with him it is the same person with multiple accounts.  He can't fathom the concept that many do not agree with him on this issue, instead it is something sinister, almost tin-foilish (not a word, I know) going on. 

Aww Hoop, I don't think I've ever hopped on board the "Hoop is Chicos" bandwagon so I expect a little courtesy in return.  I was merely insinuating that madtown's excitement over the the topic of this poll would cause him to create multiple accounts to make his voice heard many times over.  Clearly I should have been more specific.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
Buzz came back. His top assistant was regarded highly enough to get a head-coaching job. Two new assistants, including one with some serious chops, are on board. And we're about to play a huge-exposure game on an aircraft carrier.

Yep, sure sounds like the powers that be are about to blow up the program.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Lockett's arrival.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
Goose -  I disagree with many posters that I don't insult or even post rebuttals to, I pretty much just react to just the people who spew one of the following:

1)  Pilarz/Williams conspiracy to ruin MU basketball
2)  the notion of MU desiring to get to the SLU level
3)  the whole Hiroshima / MU being unfair to existing players

I think all three are a bunch of crap (and yes, I only identify you with #2 and possibly a little with #1)....

As I said before, there are likely changes desired by MU in the program, Buzz may agree with some and not others, Buzz may or may not be happy, but the extreme level this board has taken it to with the above three is ridiculous.  

I did not start the tin-foil hat stuff, I used it often and so have many others (however, it's not "my tinfoil posse.")   It gets old, so does the spewing of the above three. Maybe if some sane views and discussion showed up, the tinfoil crap would stop...

Madtown
I would take your comments in far better way if you did not feel a need to insult everyone you disagree with. In addition, it would be nice if you coud keep scorecard on your "tinfoil" crowd. Two months after the Buzz/SMU mess I stick by comments, but please do your homework on my comments. I never was in Hiroshima crowd. I do find your taking offense to be comical...offense over what?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:22:46 PM by madtownwarrior »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
Would love to see the mods fly the Enola Gay and drop a ban bomb on anyone who uses "Hiroshima" or "tinfoil hat" in a post.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 02:23:16 PM »
Would love to see the mods fly the Enola Gay and drop a ban bomb on anyone who uses "Hiroshima" or "tinfoil hat" in a post.

+1

Also anyone that mentions SLU.

Or Notre Dame, for that matter ;D

Goose

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
Madtown
I do not think Fr. P has conspiracy to ruin MU basketball. I do believe he a long term plan for the school and quite possibly basketball has lesser role. As a fan of the program I want it to get better, not go backwards. Said a 1000x I do not think goal is have basketball fade away but history has shown that new attitides and changes often take things backwards.  

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
I'll take it one level deeper and say that most of the "sources" being cited on Scoop are bumpkins.

Most of us have friends who work for MU and/or in & around the athletic dept., but the two guys I know qualify everything with something along the lines of "this is what I'm hearing but can't confirm."  And yes, just like everyone else, I assume that my guys are in or should be in a position to know, but evidently, I've got crappy friends because they really don't know the whole story.  So if you got a source who claims that what they're telling you is 100% true and said source isn't in Corey's book club, then you're being spoon fed crap, because neither of the other three guys who are able to confirm something are doing so.

In an effort to perpetuate the theme, it's like asking Chinese Intelligence for info on Hiroshima... they might give you something plausible, dress it up in a nice package, and make it seem like they should know what's going on, but is the info really trustworthy, and where exactly did it come from?

Or as Judge Judy would say, "If you want to eat it, go ahead, but don't crap in my takeout box and tell me it's Kung Pow Chicken."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »
BennyB
So what do your "friends" tell you that cannot be confirmed? I would think if enough people said the same thing to me I would probably believe it be be highly likely to be true. Just like if ten posters on here all said they heard Looney was a lock for MU I would take it as 95% possibility. Are your friends sharing good news or bad news?

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 03:28:01 PM »
Problem is that if 10 posters are saying something on MUSCOOP, it likely 2 people posted with similar sources and 8 people claiming to have sources saying the same thing but really just piling on show they know something or have sources too or just want to reinforce the original poster

So, no I would not believe it to be true if 10 posters on scoop say the same thing.

Now if BigDaddy posts something (or ddsam on scout) say something, I believe them....

BennyB
So what do your "friends" tell you that cannot be confirmed? I would think if enough people said the same thing to me I would probably believe it be be highly likely to be true. Just like if ten posters on here all said they heard Looney was a lock for MU I would take it as 95% possibility. Are your friends sharing good news or bad news?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:42:09 PM by madtownwarrior »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

I think MUfan12 just earned Moderator-for-the-week.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »
I think MUfan12 just earned Moderator-for-the-week.

Ooh ooh can I be next week.   Me and the fez cat.

feedback