Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What Is Your Opinion About "Hiroshima" (as it pertains to this board)?

Serious concern
7 (3.9%)
Moderate concern
39 (21.7%)
Something from the "tin foil hat" crowd
102 (56.7%)
Never heard of it
9 (5%)
Heard of it but not sure what it means
23 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: Hiroshima Poll  (Read 17687 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Hiroshima Poll
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
This thread, from earlier this month, explains Hiroshima
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32459.0

---

I voted from Something from the "tin foil hat" crowd.  I think their is nothing to this and is being fueled bt a few posters that see conspiracies everywhere.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Hiroshima Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
I think that it's been perpetuated far more by a few reactionary idiots than by any "tin foil cat" crowd. The same people driving the Hiroshima talks are the ones that are steadfastly against it. Somewhat ironic, I think.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
The real question is how many accounts will madtown create to vote in this poll?

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
My favorite thing about the doomsdayers is that with every blip that comes up they play some vague connect the dots on how that is an indication or a puff of smoke that confirms their dire prophecy.

Yet when huge plumes of smoke idicate the direct opposite( Lockett, aircraft carrier game, big time asst. from SEC and B10 team), and no dot connecting is needed the comments revolve around the "next shoe has not yet fallen". 

I still beleive that goose is posting from his iphone while driving the black hearse up and down Wisonsin ave.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 03:44:29 PM »
Dimes
I still think you are posting with your head in the sand.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
Dimes

The administration giving Buzz the budget needed to make Chew the huge offer that lured him away from Illinois hardly supports your theory that they're trying scale back the program.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
What if hire is based on Chew being head coach in a year?

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »
Dimes

From the Sun - Times article,

Marquette has an absurd basketball budget and isn't afraid to spend. Chew will not be getting just a raise with the move, he will be getting a substantial, a near impossible-to-say-no-to raise with the move to Milwaukee

Will Chew need to head somewhere else in the next 2 months when we move to a SLU-esque budget?

Will there be a Buzz Willimas- UNO type lawsuit when MU can no longer afford to pay the guy??

Dont you think the college coaching fraternity is one heck of alot more tuned into the rumors of what is going on at different programs??  Chew and any other shooting star in the coaching ranks would never come near MU if anything of what the Tin foil hat crew is saying.

If Buzz were so despaprate to leave too would he bring on a friend and use him that way?

Moreso, if Pilarz and L. Williams were so dead set on de-emphasizing winning at MU would they even allow Buzz to go poach an asst. in this manner?

Maybe, Just maybe...Pilarz and LArry Willimas are clearly focused on the same things that the Athletic admins at Georgetown basketball and ND football were/are...and that is to win a National championship?

occam's razor

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »

And you wonder why people make tin-foil hat references?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »
I voted serious concern, because whether it happened or not, I was worried about it. I am not so sure that it did not happen, but not in the way we were thinking. In have the feeling that some of the assistant coaches were made the scape goat for the player's short comings.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »
Nah - I will let Dimes and Pakuni call out your idiocy for me...

The real question is how many accounts will madtown create to vote in this poll?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Chicago media reported in April that MU and Buzz had strained relationship and that was written off as Chicago media being idiots. Now the Sun-Times is gospel because they wrote something positive. Do you really think that if MU paid head coach 50% of what Buzz makes nobody would want the job? Did Crean, who was looking to leave for years, use Buzz by bringing him on or did he do him a favor?

Honestly Dimes your head is in the sand. Have stated numerous times that I want MU to be UNC, UK, DUKE, IU or UCLA. Wouldn't I be the last guy to be stirring the pot? There is no amount of money MU could spend on ball that would be too high for me. So seriously, why do you think I voice my concerns? I do because from what I hear from real sources there is reason for concern.

If you think your jabs bother me you are sadly mistaken. Would say that your blind faith is what worries me the most. Have stated many times I hope your line of thinking is correct and I am proven completely wrong.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:12:14 PM by Goose »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »

Cmon now....if Buzz was going to be leaving and LW and SP were going to "de-emphasize" basketball, do you think Buzz would be able to hire his successor???

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »
Glad we're getting a top notch assistant.    If we're trying to become ND light, it won't be known for a couple years anyway.   All this bickering after every positive and negative is really fun though.

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »
Chicago media reported in April that MU and Buzz had strained relationship and that was written off as Chicago media being idiots. Now the Sun-Times is gospel because they wrote something positive. Do you really think that if MU paid head coach 50% of what Buzz makes nobody would want the job? Did Crean, who was looking to leave for years, use Buzz by bringing him on or did he do him a favor?

I think the "written off as idiots" was more due to the fact that they were reporting stuff like: "Buzz's buyout is comically small, like $100,000," which is contrary to everything else we've heard on that topic.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
I'm probably part of the tin foil hat club, but more from the perspective of the relationship between Buzz and Admin being less than ideal, than from the perspective of Admin wanting to make MU a SLU type of basketball program.  I absolutely believe admin knee jerked and jumped to some pretty serious conclusions regarding the off court incidents - and what would remedy them - that upon closer examination/discussion (hopefully realized) were short sighted and likely more detrimental to the health of the university long term..yet the spirit of those conclusions was to keep the university in "good health" perception-wise.

To me the hiring of Chew is a GREAT sign that things are solid/improving.  But make no mistake, there was tension between Buzz and the Admin...that was real.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
Rubie
What is Buzz's buyout?

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
Rubie
What is Buzz's buyout?

I don't know. I've never seen his contract. But Rosiak reported it was in excess of $3 million last season, and I have a hard time believing a lawyer like Cottingham would let it be slashed to a figure like $100,000 overnight.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 04:33:54 PM »
I'm not even clear on the definition of "Hiroshima".
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
Buzz came back. His top assistant was regarded highly enough to get a head-coaching job. Two new assistants, including one with some serious chops, are on board. And we're about to play a huge-exposure game on an aircraft carrier.

Yep, sure sounds like the powers that be are about to blow up the program.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
Since this is a question for the whole board, is there any way a "Don't Care" option can be added to the poll?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
Buzz came back. His top assistant was regarded highly enough to get a head-coaching job. Two new assistants, including one with some serious chops, are on board. And we're about to play a huge-exposure game on an aircraft carrier.

Yep, sure sounds like the powers that be are about to blow up the program.

My view as well.  I can imagine that Fr. Pilarz and LW wanted a few things cleaned up and challenged Buzz but I'll bet over time he came to realize that they were probably right.  And there's no real evidence that they are SLU-ing Men's hoops.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

Honestly Dimes your head is in the sand. Have stated numerous times that I want MU to be UNC, UK, DUKE, IU or UCLA. Wouldn't I be the last guy to be stirring the pot? There is no amount of money MU could spend on ball that would be too high for me. So seriously, why do you think I voice my concerns? I do because from what I hear from real sources there is reason for concern.

If you think your jabs bother me you are sadly mistaken. Would say that your blind faith is what worries me the most. Have stated many times I hope your line of thinking is correct and I am proven completely wrong.

Maybe the friction was overblown by the media, and mostly by us.

Seems entirely possible, no?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

Said all along, paranoid people desperate for attention.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »

feedback