[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop fishing thread  (Read 158769 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Scoop fishing thread
« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
My 7 y/o daughter caught a 3 lb. 1 oz. LM over the holiday weekend, measured in at a hair under 18".  Granted, I did the casting and my son assisted with the net, but she hooked, set, adjusted drag, and reeled it in all on her own.  Seemed like every bit of 5 minutes for her to land it.

Granted, it won't be winning any big bass pots, but four more of those would have put her in the money in any of the tournaments around here.

Benny, you and your wife really need to rethink your choice of sunblock for the kids.
Some people -- not me, mind you, but some people -- might find it, um, culturally insensitive.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2018, 08:17:00 PM »

Pretty sure that joint is very closed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
A question for Scoop anglers:

What are your thoughts regarding the common carp... I'm not talking the Asian or jumping variety, just the standard bottom-feeding carp that we've seen in our lakes and rivers for decades, specifically, what do you do if you catch one:

1. Catch-and-release

2. Throw it in the dumpster/garbage

3. Smoke it

4. Cut it up for bait

5. Sterilize it and send it back as a message to its kin

Kill it and put it in the field.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:12 PM »
Pretty sure that joint is very closed.

Yep but still the center of the universe in Trego.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:22:58 AM by real chili 83 »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #429 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
Yep but still the center of the universe in Trego.

Clearly that is Jacks Canoe Rental.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2018, 08:09:07 PM »
Anybody ever fish the Flambeau Chain, particularly Fence Lake?
If so, any advice? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:12:44 PM by Pakuni »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2018, 09:26:31 PM »

Haven't been there yet

Dunks and I are going to take Canada by storm in early September. Dunks is going to bring 250 gallons of Sonoran salsa with us.  That should enough to bribe the border guards, feed the entire resort, and spare a bit for our happy hours.

Dunks, where can a Scooper buy the world's finest epicurean delight, this side of Sheyboygan ???

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »
Headed to Lake Michigan this weekend to do some fishing... hopefully I don't end up sea sick

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2018, 06:29:25 AM »
Headed to Lake Michigan this weekend to do some fishing... hopefully I don't end up sea sick

What port?

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »
Chili, I’m still looking for the proper receptacle for 250 gallons of salsa. O Canada!!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2018, 06:44:47 PM »
Chili, I’m still looking for the proper receptacle for 250 gallons of salsa. O Canada!!

So where can someone pick up that heavenly stuff?????

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »
So where can someone pick up that heavenly stuff?????

I hope Space X will be launching Dunk's industrial cylinder on their next rocket.  Otherwise, you will be facing a stiff tariff at the border.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2018, 11:55:29 AM »

Only fished Fence once; pulled a decent-sized smallmouth and a bunch of perch.
Usually I'm on the south end of the chain (my parents live on Shishebogama) which is only accessible to the rest of the chain during high water.
My only advice is, as always, spinners over jigs.

However, do yourself a favor and get dinner reservations at the Four Seasons Supper Club on Big Arbor Vitae lake. Order the pressure-cooked chicken.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2018, 10:33:13 AM »
Only fished Fence once; pulled a decent-sized smallmouth and a bunch of perch.
Usually I'm on the south end of the chain (my parents live on Shishebogama) which is only accessible to the rest of the chain during high water.
My only advice is, as always, spinners over jigs.

However, do yourself a favor and get dinner reservations at the Four Seasons Supper Club on Big Arbor Vitae lake. Order the pressure-cooked chicken.
My Dad used to fish on Fence Lake all the time, lots o' walleye and a few muskies.  Back in the day, Deming's Resort was part of Bob Peck's Resort and we used to go there when we were kids.  Used to be a fabulous fishing spot, along with Big and Little Crawling Stone.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
Has anyone caught a black buffalo fish?

http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2018/06/15/michigan-fisherman-sets-new-record-with-48-pound-black-buffalo-fish.html

Yes i have caught a number if really big ones 15-25 lbs.  they typically run and spawn tge same time as Walleye, so without reading the article im guessing thats how he caught it.  Similar to carp, but they are native and are very fine eating. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2018, 10:24:53 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a good fishing guide near st Louis, going down mid Oct., so would be fishing for whatever the season is.  Probably 6 dudes on the trip.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #442 on: August 09, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Hey Scoop fishers .... I'm trying to arrange a quick, 4- or 5-day fishing trip to the Hayward area for late summer/early fall. Having never fished in that area, could anyone who has been up there recommend any particular lakes/area we should be aiming for? Because I don't want to buy new gear, we're looking more for walleye, pike and bass than muskie.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Havent fished much in the hayward area.  Mostly wasburn county area around Minong and over towards Webb Lake.  There are so many great fishing lakes that we tend to just hit the same ones that we have figured out over the years as opposed to trying to continually figure out new ones.
My suggestion would be to use the internet and look at places to stay and research the lakes with the internet.  Lake link is a website that has fishing reviews for most all of the lakes.  Lastly, i would get a guide for the first day.  He can show u what they are using n how they are fishing and what to look for, will give u a great frame of reference for the rest of your stay and worst case some go back to spots if you struggle to find fish.  Its all about loacting them.  My experience is the largemouth bass and pike are quite easy to catch in most lakes.  Top water, wacky rig, carolina or texas rig 5-15 feet of water look for structure or in vegetation.  Crappie n gills outside weed lines 15-25 feet may take some moving to find the size u want.  Suspended or on the bottom.  Walleye can be very particular to the lakes n experience or a gyide to give u that initial particular lake experience is well worth tge one time cost.   While there make sure to hit Phipps and and Lookers down in Trego is one if the greatest establishments of all time.  RIP Rocky Racoon

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #443 on: August 09, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a good fishing guide near st Louis, going down mid Oct., so would be fishing for whatever the season is.  Probably 6 dudes on the trip.
Missouri? Missippi river?
Or st louis river in northern wisconsin?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:43:25 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2018, 07:04:15 AM »
There’s a private lake outside of Spooner I have permission to fish biggest damned Bluegills

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »

St Louis MO.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »
Asian carp, catfish, and some bass.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
Havent fished much in the hayward area.  Mostly wasburn county area around Minong and over towards Webb Lake.  There are so many great fishing lakes that we tend to just hit the same ones that we have figured out over the years as opposed to trying to continually figure out new ones.
My suggestion would be to use the internet and look at places to stay and research the lakes with the internet.  Lake link is a website that has fishing reviews for most all of the lakes.  Lastly, i would get a guide for the first day.  He can show u what they are using n how they are fishing and what to look for, will give u a great frame of reference for the rest of your stay and worst case some go back to spots if you struggle to find fish.  Its all about loacting them.  My experience is the largemouth bass and pike are quite easy to catch in most lakes.  Top water, wacky rig, carolina or texas rig 5-15 feet of water look for structure or in vegetation.  Crappie n gills outside weed lines 15-25 feet may take some moving to find the size u want.  Suspended or on the bottom.  Walleye can be very particular to the lakes n experience or a gyide to give u that initial particular lake experience is well worth tge one time cost.   While there make sure to hit Phipps and and Lookers down in Trego is one if the greatest establishments of all time.  RIP Rocky Racoon

You must be FKA River Rat

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #448 on: August 11, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »

You must be from SB

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2018, 08:33:22 AM »
👍🎣