collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean Taking Credit For Beating MU In A Tweet  (Read 13756 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Crean Taking Credit For Beating MU In A Tweet
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:07:42 AM »
Tom Crean ‏ @TomCrean

We jumped Kansas, Marquette,Illinois and Memphis to get to ninth in the Country for average attendance. Our fans are incredibly energetic.

... the above tweet generated this awesome reply ...

Walshie ‏ @BWalsh525

@TomCrean go choke on a diet pepsi you tanning cream doucher.

----

Here is a post on the attendance number ...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32479.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:09:14 AM by AnotherMU84 »

The Process

• All American
Re: Crean Taking Credit For Beating MU In A Tweet
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
Now that is one court I would LOVE to see Buzz dance on...
Relax. Respect the Process.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »
Tom Crean ‏ @TomCrean

We jumped Kansas, Marquette,Illinois and Memphis to get to ninth in the Country for average attendance. Our fans are incredibly energetic.

Walshie ‏ @BWalsh525

Indiana also "jumped" BYU, but were "jumped" by tOSU and mighty Creighton. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:18 PM »
Now that is one court I would LOVE to see Buzz dance on...

You mean, that would be one game that would be awesome to see MU win and Buzz not shake Crean's hand. lol
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
Cool to play that game at Miller Park. Maybe buds LaRussa and Maddox will be in the house.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Process

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
Cool to play that game at Miller Park. Maybe buds LaRussa and Maddox will be in the house.

Well in this case I wouldn't mind winning on the road. Solely so Buzz can do the Safety Dance (he can dance where he wants to).

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
Well in this case I wouldn't mind winning on the road. Solely so Buzz can do the Safety Dance (he can dance where he wants to).

Wish this was the case, but Buzz got reprimanded by our A.D., for the WVU dance.  How dare our coach be able to enjoy a spontaneous moment of emotion - that also went viral and got MU a lot of publicity - most of which was positive in 49 other states other than WVU and in the eyes of recruits...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »
Buzz Williams himself said the dance was wrong.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
Buzz Williams himself said the dance was wrong.
Suspect he may have had a bit of a nudge there.      :)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
Suspect he may have had a bit of a nudge there.      :)

Really?
He was nudged somewhere between the center court logo and the broadcast table?

But hey ... whatever plays into people's conspiracy fantasies.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
He said it immediately after he did it.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »
He said it immediately after he did it.

This is true, as he sat down to do the interview with Raff and felt the venom of the WVU fans....what is also true is Buzz profusely apologized on Jim Rome the next day, and numerous other media outlets, college hoops insiders, etc...and Larry Williams comments in the Journal Sentinel were shortly after that "incident."  Let's note Buzz didn't apologize profusely for the dance he did at MU after DJO did the put back dunk against Louisville...

The extent of Buzz's apologies next day after the WVU game were the byproduct of being told to do so...

Question tho - did Al McGuire have to apologize profusely back in the day for his many idiosyncratic behaviors? 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »
This is true, as he sat down to do the interview with Raff and felt the venom of the WVU fans....what is also true is Buzz profusely apologized on Jim Rome the next day, and numerous other media outlets, college hoops insiders, etc...and Larry Williams comments in the Journal Sentinel were shortly after that "incident."  Let's note Buzz didn't apologize profusely for the dance he did at MU after DJO did the put back dunk against Louisville...

Dancing on an OPPONENT'S COURT AFTER a game is not remotely similar to what happens on the HOME SIDELINE DURING a game.

The extent of Buzz's apologies next day after the WVU game were the byproduct of being told to do so...

If you say so.
Like I said, whatever feeds the conspiracy fantasies.

Did Larry Williams also order Buzz to apologize after he went off on McIlvaine during his first season?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

And you know this how???

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
Recall that Buzz was on Huggins radio show the day before the game.

This happened because Huggy and Buzz are fast friends.  It makes more sense that Buzz's multiple apologies were out of respect to Huggy rather than an order from the administration.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »
Actually, there wasn't anything wrong with the dance other than the reaction of some WVU fans who were inebriated enough to show their displeasure by throwing items at everyone at the broadcast table in a indiscriminate attempt to hurt anyone at all.  The dance was not done at center court or on the UWV logo which were lies that came out later, it was done near center court because it was on the way to the broadcast table.  It was the University of West Virginia that should have done the apologizing particularly for poor venue security.  It's to Buzz's credit that he did apologize on his own.  Although I think that he was apologizing for not stopping to think that the crowd might respond inappropriately.  

Huggins is an excellent coach who rivals Bobby Knight for abusing players (has his own father abused him when he was coaching Huggins), and whose private life is evidently a mess from the evidence provided by the alcohol related incidents that are piling up.  West Virginia appears willing to enable his foibles which makes it the perfect place for him to be, at least until he finally blows a head gasket which will be a sad day.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »

Question tho - did Al McGuire have to apologize profusely back in the day for his many idiosyncratic behaviors? 

It's not 1977 anymore
The "average fan" is an idiot.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »
Buzz apologized 15 seconds after he did it.....then apologized at just about every press conference up through the pre-game presser before the Florida game...

The Process

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
Wish this was the case, but Buzz got reprimanded by our A.D., for the WVU dance.  How dare our coach be able to enjoy a spontaneous moment of emotion - that also went viral and got MU a lot of publicity - most of which was positive in 49 other states other than WVU and in the eyes of recruits...

You missed the joke.  The lyrics of the Safety Dance are "We can dance where we want to." ;)

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »

We could dim the lights every time they shot the ball

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »
Tom Crean ‏ @TomCrean

Walshie ‏ @BWalsh525

----

Here is a post on the attendance number ...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32479.0
"Our fans are incredibly energetic." Another Crean-ism. He and Tim Tebow have a knack for saying so much without saying anything at all. What do fans being incredibly energetic have to do with attendance? Do fans have to run/bicycle to Assembly Hall to see the game? I swear if Crean were banned from using words like fantastic, outstanding, tremendous, amazing, and incredible for a day, he would be lost.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
I see it as a compliment.  Again, if Tom Crean is at Marquette, there is no Buzz.  Let it go, who cares or take it as a challenge for next year attendance with IU. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »
Should be a big crowd for I4 vs Kentucky next season.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »
This happened because Huggy and Buzz are fast friends. 

Serious question: Is Buzz a drinking man?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »
I swear if Crean were banned from using words like fantastic, outstanding, tremendous, amazing, and incredible for a day, he would be lost.

Nah, he could wheel in Old Man Harbaugh who could relate the Mighty Trojans of USC story. The Old Paycheck-for-Nothing Geezer is full of hyperbole.

feedback