'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Old Dog Old Tricks - Bob Huggins edition  (Read 5472 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Old Dog Old Tricks - Bob Huggins edition
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
What a great comment from a participant:

Well...Bob Huggins was slirring his speech, swaying, talking in circles and dropping f bombs. I've seen him speak before...but never DRUNK!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
What a great comment from a participant:

Well...Bob Huggins was slirring his speech, swaying, talking in circles and dropping f bombs. I've seen him speak before...but never DRUNK!

I'd imagine most people have had the opposite experience.  I've seen him drunk...but never speak!

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
Saw him and Mike Deane staggering around a saloon in Milwaukee almost 15 years ago. I think this was the night Deane bit that female attorney on the butt cheek. For a laugh.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
I like huggins. I don't find this funny. I find it rather sad.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

I also like Huggins. He's  a larger than life dude who brings a lot to the game, including a lot of color. I like guys like Huggins. He's a Man's Man. He lives life on his terms, has convictions, has a sense of decency and lives according to a code in which he believes. I think the game is better for his participation.

Not saying this event is funny. Huggins likes his drink. Nothing wrong with that. But don't cheat people when they have paid to hear what you have to say. Fly the mission. Then comes Miller Time.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »

I was at the clinic. Seemed pretty sure at the time that Huggy was buzzed up. Apparently, so did some others.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:53 AM »
From a Washington post article a little ways back:
-------
"A total of 27 of the 95 players in his Cincinnati program -- 28 percent -- graduated from the school, and in four different seasons, the graduation rate was zero percent.

When the university bought out his contract in August 2005, university president Nancy Zimpher cited Huggins's "lack of character" among the reasons for its decision to let him go, and the school also indicated that 21 players over his tenure had "significant encounters with law enforcement," another factor in his dismissal."
----------

To say Huggins is good for the game is something I completely disagree with.   And yes, this story is sad and not funny.  Very sad.  I don't get what there is to like about this guy.  Being a man has little to do with how you present your self and your demeanor and a lot to do with your actions towards people.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »
Huggy did whisper sweet nothing's to desean Jackson and licked his face. That was sweet

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
Not a funny story but am a big Huggins fan. He is a bigger than life character and find him very entertaining.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
I still miss the resonating cheers in the BC of "You won't graduate!" at the Cincy players when Huggy was still coaching them somewhere around '01-'03.

Bobby Thuggins has always recruited they same type of players.  In a few years the powers-that-be in Morgantown will start noticing that their former players are standing around the stadium on gameday scalping tickets, and then Huggy will have to find yet another job.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
Huggins isn't the Mayor nor is he an accountant. He coaches basketball. Sure, there were issues with his grad rates, etc...but I am simply saying he is a colorful character who has added spice to the game. 

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:50:22 PM »
I also like Huggins. He's  a larger than life dude who brings a lot to the game, including a lot of color. I like guys like Huggins. He's a Man's Man. He lives life on his terms, has convictions, has a sense of decency and lives according to a code in which he believes. I think the game is better for his participation.

Not saying this event is funny. Huggins likes his drink. Nothing wrong with that. But don't cheat people when they have paid to hear what you have to say. Fly the mission. Then comes Miller Time.

Stick to poetry brah...has convictions and a sense of decency? Was that supposed to be in teal? Guy is a piece of work.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how West Virginia handles this.  I'm guessing they will give him a pass since he was working a side job at the time.  He's probably in a good place for job survival if he's still this out of control.  It is sad.  This isn't getting blotto in the hotel bar after the conference, this was getting in front of people who paid money to hear what he had to say about basketball and embarrassing himself because evidently he couldn't face doing it without a drink.  There will be more chapters to come in this story.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 08:09:49 AM »
The WVU Scout Board on this is hilarious.  This whole incident is a "lie" that was planted by Pitt fans.  Apparently  several other threads on this topic had been deleted because the rhetoric had gotten so out of hand...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2509&t=8917505&p=1

By the way, you MUScoop "All- Americans" are pikers.  There is a dude on this board that has 76,000 posts - and that's not a typo.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »

By the way, you MUScoop "All- Americans" are pikers.  There is a dude on this board that has 76,000 posts - and that's not a typo.

The Bail Bondsman has surfaced.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »

I can't believe they've had the internet long enough to post that many times.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »
There is a dude on this board that has 76,000 posts - and that's not a typo.

Not much else to do in West Virginny

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
If they would have invited Bo to the clinic this problem could have been avoided. Once the coaches start drinking beer he doesn't let them switch to liquor.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
Huggins is a drinkin man. He will not deny himself.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
I can't believe they've had the internet long enough to post that many times.

LOL

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »

If the WVU Board has been around for 10 years that means the guy posts 20 times a day. Every day. That's nothing compared with The Bail Bondsman. Nothing.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
In a related development, I've noticed a large uptick in Hoopaloop's posting activity.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
In a related development, I've noticed a large uptick in Hoopaloop's posting activity.

The most remarkable thing is that The Bail Bondsman went to Marquette, Kansas, and I4. One has to assume he shares a passion for the hoops teams of all 3 schools. If we therefore take his combined 15,000 posts as Chicos/Hoop and assume a similar post count for the other two schools he has a staggering 45,000 posts. Prodigious. Warriorchick needs to acknowledge The Bail Bondsman's ardor.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
The most remarkable thing is that The Bail Bondsman went to Marquette, Kansas, and I4. One has to assume he shares a passion for the hoops teams of all 3 schools. If we therefore take his combined 15,000 posts as Chicos/Hoop and assume a similar post count for the other two schools he has a staggering 45,000 posts. Prodigious. Warriorchick needs to acknowledge The Bail Bondsman's ardor.

Gotta think he's all over the Big East, Big 1? and Big 12 agitating fans of his rival's Alma Maters. He been banned on the Wisco board. He may have eclipsed the Mountain Man's total of 76,000. Prodigious, indeed.