Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's going on at UW-Madison?  (Read 18097 times)

Stronghold

• All American
Re: What's going on at UW-Madison?
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »
Found this article:

http://www.metrosportsreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6493&catid=184#.T4zultg-aZI.twitter

I understand B10 obviously, Marquette and Iowa State because of proximity, but why oh why the ACC.  Let the poor kid go play ball.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
Found this article:

http://www.metrosportsreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6493&catid=184#.T4zultg-aZI.twitter

I understand B10 obviously, Marquette and Iowa State because of proximity, but why oh why the ACC.  Let the poor kid go play ball.

Big Ten/ACC challenge implications? I assume that's the alleged thought process.

Clearly Bo/UW is doing this to spite the kid and/or make his options undesirable to the point that he'd consider staying in Madison. Honestly, I understand blocking conference teams and MU but why block Iowa State?  The kid is from Iowa and could possibly want to play closer to home. That would be like Oregon blocking MU from Jamil's transfer list.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »
I would wait for all of the facts to come out on why Bo Ryan is doing this before making assumptions IMO.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2012, 01:36:46 PM »
I would wait for all of the facts to come out on why Bo Ryan is doing this before making assumptions IMO.

Under what circumstances would it be ok?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
I understand the B10 and MU restrictions and would give Bo the benefit of the doubt on ISU but the ACC issue seems nothing but vindictive. I mean if you are going to eliminate all ACC schools cause of B10 ACC challenge,why not all D1 schools because of NCAA tournament?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
Is it just me or?

Does Hoopaloop question Buzz more than Crean or, especially Bo?  Seems to have some serious manlove for Bo.

No, it is not just you but unfortunately you and some of the others have trouble reading, even when it is in the same subject.  Did I call Bo a jerk? Yes, in this very thread.

Is that restriction true?  Some internet speculation but we should see if it comes to pass.  If it does, that would seem severe to me and not surprising since Bo can be a jerk.  If it if for the good of the kid's future, he would let him go wherever but that isn't all the game is played with transfers.

The perception out there is that Crean, Buzz, Calhoun, Caliprari, Pitino run off players to open up scholarships.  No one here can deny this.  Some fans find that wrong, some fans do not.  Wisconsin didn't run off this player.  He and Dekker were a big part of their future plans.  

Have I called him worse?  

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=30985.msg373089#msg373089   "Bo Ryan is a douche and coaches our in-state rival."

Crazy man love!  

I have never called Buzz a douche or a jerk, but I have Bo Ryan.  Yet I have manlove for Bo?  Do some of you guys bother to read what you write or does it just come out in volumes and you cannot stop yourselves?   The only thing I question is letting a kid go that has signed an intent letter before he even gets here.  Transfers happen, but that isn't even a transfer.  That has been the extent of my displeasure with Buzz, otherwise my complaints are minor.  Others have more complaints.    
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:53:57 PM by Hoopaloop »
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
I understand the B10 and MU restrictions and would give Bo the benefit of the doubt on ISU but the ACC issue seems nothing but vindictive. I mean if you are going to eliminate all ACC schools cause of B10 ACC challenge,why not all D1 schools because of NCAA tournament?

Why do you give him the benefit of the doubt on ISU? Just curious if I'm missing something.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
This ACC thing is a joke. Saw that this morning and just shook my head. Bo really is a vindictive ass. There's no other explanation at this point. Might as well tell the kid it's D2 or bust at this point.

+1  He is throwing a temper tantrum because he had plans for this kid.  Way to think about the kid there Bo. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »
Bo's message to now and future players: If you suck and we (and others) don't want you feel free to go anywhere yesterday. If you can play a little and we might use you someday it doesn't matter how unhappy you are - we'll block any move to any major. What a petulant child.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »

According to the other Badgers poster, Uthoff is nearly certain to attend Creighton.

Why, then, would Bo Ryan make himself look like an pretty boy with all these restrictions for no reason?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 02:57:30 PM »
I give him the benefit of the doubt with ISU because there is talk of ISU tampering through intermediaries.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 03:35:52 PM »
Is it just me or?

Does Hoopaloop question Buzz more than Crean or, especially Bo?  Seems to have some serious manlove for Bo.

This is the wisdom he learned while curled at the feet of The Bail Bondsman at the now famousBackyard Summit

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
I give him the benefit of the doubt with ISU because there is talk of ISU tampering through intermediaries.

That is a legitimate exception in my book.  Why reward a school for tampering.  It would be hard to believe that all of the ACC is tampering.  Bo and the Badgers look bad on this.  National story.  This is why the denial here when MU was a national story recently that it meant nothing was rather naive.  These stories don't help coaches or programs.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
That is a legitimate exception in my book.  Why reward a school for tampering.  It would be hard to believe that all of the ACC is tampering.  Bo and the Badgers look bad on this.  National story.  This is why the denial here when MU was a national story recently that it meant nothing was rather naive.  These stories don't help coaches or programs.

Only you would use a story about your beloved Bo being a total douche as a segue to the old and totally overblown story of kids getting tickets for being in a bar. And you wonder why virtually everyone thinks you're a jerk. Sheesh.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »
It was talked about on face time on ATH.  

Question:  Can he transfer to Pitt/'Cuse?  I mean there not ACC yet...

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

The wait could be quite long as Wisconsin has not responded to requests for comment from ESPN and the Metro Sports Report.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
Only you would use a story about your beloved Bo being a total douche as a segue to the old and totally overblown story of kids getting tickets for being in a bar. And you wonder why virtually everyone thinks you're a jerk. Sheesh.

If only you had the mind reading abilities you think you have.  Sheesh.  I was referencing the sexual assault articles on the front pages of the Chicago Tribune twice that poster after poster after poster here said was no big deal.   I do not care about the ticketing issue at a bar.

And you wonder why so many posters have left here over the years because of guys like you. The personal attacks are unnecessary and the mods said they would stop.  Why do you continue with them?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:07:32 PM by Hoopaloop »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
And you wonder why so many posters have left here over the years because of guys like you who they think acts like a jerk.  Sheesh.

Is that why you left?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
I'm still here Navin.  My skin is thick enough, but others have left.  At least I haven't seen them here for months or beyond.  A few commented they were tired of being called out by others for having opinions and attacked as less of a fan.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
I'm still here Navin.  My skin is thick enough, but others have left.  At least I haven't seen them here for months or beyond.  A few commented they were tired of being called out by others for having opinions and attacked as less of a fan.

I'm curious as to who has left. BMA725 and GOMU1104 are two guys I wished still posted here (BMA said he was fed up with Ners, not sure why GOMU doesn't post here anymore--unless he posts under another name), but are there any other prominent posters that have left due the nature of this board?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
I'm curious as to who has left. BMA725 and GOMU1104 are two guys I wished still posted here (BMA said he was fed up with Ners, not sure why GOMU doesn't post here anymore--unless he posts under another name), but are there any other prominent posters that have left due the nature of this board?

I haven't seen a post from Chicos in months

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2012, 06:52:12 AM »
I haven't seen a post from Chicos in months

He didn't leave due to the nature of the board, unless by nature of the board, you mean "forced out by the moderators".
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »

GOMU1104 is my cousin, and he stopped posting for the same reason BMA did, mostly.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 07:25:06 AM »
GOMU1104 is my cousin, and he stopped posting for the same reason BMA did, mostly.

oh good, another alleged story from a damn cousin.    ;D

feedback