[Today at 02:41:31 PM]

Incoming freshmen by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 02:30:27 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 08:19:01 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Hards Alumni
[Today at 06:23:42 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's going on at UW-Madison?  (Read 18135 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: What's going on at UW-Madison?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 10:44:15 AM »
Sounds like he's Ohio Valley/MAC/Missouri Valley bound, if he wants immediate playing time and doesn't want to "sit for two years and then maybe play my junior an senior years.”
SS Marquette

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
I think it's fair to say that this kid was not boned(like Markolf) but what i find interesting is that he redshirted this season and now he will burn a year in the transfer leaving him only 3 years of elgibility.

How bad do you have to want to get out of there to do that?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
transfers left and right (at least that is what they would say about MU).

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/147254835.html

There was more than 1?

This kid left on his own and Wisconsin isn't thrilled about it.  He wasn't Creaned, Buzzcut, Calipraried, or Calhouned
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
BTW, his release was granted today.

Uthoff will be required to sit out next season if he transfers to another NCAA Division I program. He would then have three seasons of eligibility remaining.

UW coach Bo Ryan raved about Uthoff shortly after practice for the 2011-12 season began last October. Uthoff, who was named Iowa’s Mr. Basketball and Gatorade Player of the Year after averaging 26.2 points, 11.2 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game during his senior season at Cedar Rapids Jefferson High School, had impressed Ryan with his ability to pick up things quickly during the first week of practice.

“He’ll play at the University of Wisconsin,” Ryan said at the time. “And he’ll play early. He’s a player. Better than I expected, but don’t tell him I said that. … ”

“Coaches like good listeners, fast learners, and I've never seen a more conscientious guy. He's extremely conscientious."

But Uthoff never did play for the Badgers. The 6-foot- 8, 200-pound forward struggled with the decision of whether or not to redshirt but ultimately decided that he needed to get stronger to compete in the rugged Big Ten Conference.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20120412/WIS020102/120412126/UW-men-s-basketball-Uthoff-leaving-program?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Bucky's5Quarter contends the possible reason is his slotted time as a projected PF instead of a WF.
http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/4/12/2945109/uthoff-granted-scholarship-release
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:00:10 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »
Ulthoff, regardless of whether he was rated a 4-star player, certainly looked like he had a LONG way to go from his highlight video (that included a missed alley oop dunk!)  I'd tend to think he ends up at a mid major - even if there were not restrictions put on him as to where he could transfer - as he's said he wants to play.  Don't see him being a high major player.

On another note - anyone see this blog on Matt Thomas - a kid we are said to have offered (yet in the blog Potrykus makes no mention of MU being involved?)  Thomas's comments about UW are fun to read..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/146496655.html
I remember the discussion about Bucky landing him and that we landed Juan and there was at least one poster with apoplexy about the fact that Bucky had landed a 4 star.   I watched Ulthoff's highlight video back-to-back with Juan's and it looked like they were filmed at different speeds.   Juan was so much quicker.   Hope the kid finds a good spot to land. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
There was more than 1?

This kid left on his own and Wisconsin isn't thrilled about it.  He wasn't Creaned, Buzzcut, Calipraried, or Calhouned

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
There was more than 1?

Fair enough.  What about the restriction that he cannot transfer to a Big 12 school?  Big 10 is obvious as is Marquette, but another conference that you do not even play in?  Have never heard of Crean, Buzz, Calipari, or Calhoun pulling that one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
Maybe that is why nobody ever leaves.....they can't go anywhere interesting.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
Fair enough.  What about the restriction that he cannot transfer to a Big 12 school?  Big 10 is obvious as is Marquette, but another conference that you do not even play in?  Have never heard of Crean, Buzz, Calipari, or Calhoun pulling that one.

Is that restriction true?  Some internet speculation but we should see if it comes to pass.  If it does, that would seem severe to me and not surprising since Bo can be a jerk.  If it if for the good of the kid's future, he would let him go wherever but that isn't all the game is played with transfers.

The perception out there is that Crean, Buzz, Calhoun, Caliprari, Pitino run off players to open up scholarships.  No one here can deny this.  Some fans find that wrong, some fans do not.  Wisconsin didn't run off this player.  He and Dekker were a big part of their future plans. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
The speculation is that it is Marquette, the Big Ten, and some schools in the Big 12 - particularly Iowa State.  There is talk that he might end up at Kansas State with Bruce Weber, or at UNI.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »
The speculation is that it is Marquette, the Big Ten, and some schools in the Big 12 - particularly Iowa State.  There is talk that he might end up at Kansas State with Bruce Weber, or at UNI.

Only thing I can think of that would make any Big 12 restrictions fair would be that UW had reasons to believe some of the schools were tampering IMO. If they got word Utoff was visiting some Iowa schools over Spring Break, I would explore blocking those options. Though, I would probably just let him go as long as it isn't a Big 10 school.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
If the Iowa State thing is true, it's pretty clear to me that they didn't want him to be able to play at a high major program in his home state.  Is there a reason for that other than pettiness?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
If the Iowa State thing is true, it's pretty clear to me that they didn't want him to be able to play at a high major program in his home state.  Is there a reason for that other than pettiness?

You need to have some bud lights with Bo at his crib before he endorses a move to Iowa state.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:50 PM »
You need to have some bud lights with Bo at his crib before he endorses a move to Iowa state.
Will Elvira be joining us?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »

Why not Coors Light? Playing 3 man with cases of that tonight.
Relax. Respect the Process.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »

You truly are Captain Awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Process

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »
You truly are Captain Awesome.

I thank my MU education for my ability to down mass quantities of cheap beer with relatively few side effects.

Best six years ever!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »

Iowa State recruits Wisconsin pretty hard...but I don't even think that is a good reason.  Hell, I don't think Marquette is a very good reason either.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »

Iowa State recruits Wisconsin pretty hard...but I don't even think that is a good reason.  Hell, I don't think Marquette is a very good reason either.

At least with Marquette they play us once a year so they know they'll see us.  Big 12 makes no sense.  They just don't want him going back home for free.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »

few years back, Jeter was considering taking the ISU job but Bo talked him out of it over a few bud lights at bo's crib in Middleton.

I, too, am hitting the silver bullet tonight.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
few years back, Jeter was considering taking the ISU job but Bo talked him out of it over a few bud lights at bo's crib in Middleton.

I, too, am hitting the silver bullet tonight.

Now I'm playing golden tee and drinking Bo Specials (bud light).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »
Now I'm playing golden tee and drinking Bo Specials (bud light).

so you won't get drunk (bud lights) or laid (golden tee stigma, stays on you all night.  broads can instantly tell if a dude has played golden tee within the last 24 hours and stay away like the plague).

The Process

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
so you won't get drunk (bud lights) or laid (golden tee stigma, stays on you all night.  broads can instantly tell if a dude has played golden tee within the last 24 hours and stay away like the plague).

Oh you underestimate the power of the Dark side...

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:20 PM »

You overestimate the caliber of woman he's looking for.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
You overestimate the caliber of woman he's looking for.

You know what Eazy E once said...

feedback