[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507260 times)

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #2050 on: March 27, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
Listen. IWB is stirring the pot. That's all. Shrug it off.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #2051 on: March 27, 2012, 03:55:32 PM »
OK. MU sucks, but Buzz Williams should kiss the feet of the MU administrators for hiring him. The AD, President and BOT are wonderful and any disagreements are all Buzz's fault. And Buzz is a quitter. But you're a big fan of his. Right.

MU sucks?  No.

Buzz should kiss the feet of MU administration for hiring him?  No.

The AD, President and BOT have a university to run that includes athletics.  If they feel the Dean of Arts and Sciences is not the same page, they get the Dean on the same page.  If the Men’s basketball coach isn’t on the same page, they get the men’s basketball coach on the same page.  

Buzz is a quitter?  No.  However, if he were to quit this job that would certainly send a clear message to any other schools out there that it’s his way or he leaves.  That will limit his employment options.  Not a smart move in my opinion.  Maybe he doesn't care.

Yes, I am a huge fan of his.   I’m a huge Al McGuire fan, he tried to leave Marquette to coach the Milwaukee Bucks.  I disagreed with him.  That must mean I’m not a fan of Al McGuire for not seeing it Al’s way and siding with the university.  For you it seems all or nothing support.  Some of us have the capacity to work outside of such strict black and white views of the world.

Try again
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2052 on: March 27, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
I agree completely with big daddy that Buzz is not leaving. Think he is not correct on entire post, but agree completely that Buzz is staying.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #2053 on: March 27, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

Iwb was one of Creans bitches... Close to Buzz ?  I havent seen it IWB is self serving and a non MU grad.   No trust there for me .... His tweet only further convinced me of that.

When I listen to the press conferences, Buzz and Ganzer seem to have a rapport.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2054 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »
Notice how once BigDaddy posted we haven't heard from the trolls, thanks BigDaddy they needed to leave

It's his nap time.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #2055 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
I wonder what youngphilly thinks about all this?

Yes.

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #2056 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
long and deep in that area.

After reading nearly every post of this 82-paged thread, and experiencing every emotion a human is capable of emoting, this is all I remember. Thank you, Canadian Dimes.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #2057 on: March 27, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
I agree completely with big daddy that Buzz is not leaving. Think he is not correct on entire post, but agree completely that Buzz is staying.

Well, instead of giving out his info as innuendo he actually states it as it is.  I'm gonna trust BigDaddy on this one.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2058 on: March 27, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »
News people outside the Al.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #2059 on: March 27, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »
As the author puts it, it's all about loyalty and trust for Buzz. He didn't get it at New Orleans and he left, even though some warned him it was professional suicide. He had it at MU. Not so much anymore, and unless Pilarz and L Williams can undo some of that damage he won't worry about taking a step back (SMU) again. It will be hard to leave his players, but if the powers that be force his hand...I worry.

And the author or you or anyone else here knows what Pilarz and Williams are doing?  This massive injustice and limitations they are putting on Buzz to be able to keep his program going is what exactly?  They are paying him $2.6 million, has the second largest recruiting budget in the conference, the second largest basketball budget in the United States of America.  Exactly what are these two Marquette Basketball Haters doing to prevent Buzz from being successful?

Can we have some tangible answers and not a bunch of innuendo?  They are squeezing his balls?  How?  By saying you better be a bit more careful in the type of kids you recruit?  Is this a bad thing?  Buzz is the head of the basketball program which is PART OF MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY.  The basketball program is not a stand alone unit with no one to answer to. They are not the Milwaukee Mustangs or the Milwaukee Wave.  They are part of Marquette University.  Buzz is an outstanding coach and Marquette basketball is an outstanding program that has been outstanding for many decades.  I doubt very seriously anything that Williams or Pilarz are asking for is going to tank the program or even send it backward.  A good coach will recruit good players and produce good results.  Some of you here make it sound like MU can only win with certain kinds of players that Buzz is supposedly now being denied access to (all of this pure speculation with no real attribution).  Why?  MU has won with misfits, with kids from the burbs, kids from the mean streets, and everything in between.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

TJ

• All American
« Reply #2060 on: March 27, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »
I think I am suffering from misinformation-overload.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #2061 on: March 27, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »
We're gonna have quite the laugh or cry when this thread turns up in somebody's psych dissertation.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #2062 on: March 27, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »
I need another Depends. I just crapped myself.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2063 on: March 27, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
News people outside the MUScoop Global HQ

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2064 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
Who the hell was bashing JUCOs? What is this 1250 WSSP and Wisky simpletons who can't understand the important role junior college play in athletics?

That honestly pisses me off, my dad went to JUCO on a basketball scholarship. He had work and save up all two years just so he could pay to get to KState and graduate with a 4-year degree. No help from the family, JUCO was what got my father a degree.

I brought up JUCOs, and I wasn't bashing them.  I simply wondered if the Administration was making an issue about it since there was rumored to be issues between Buzz and the Administration.  I was speculating/guessing/making crap up what they could be disagreeing about and that came to mind as something because I think Buzz would be very loyal to his JUCOs.

As the person who brought it up (and actually expected it to piss some people off that I even mentioned it) I don't think the JUCOs have been a problem.  I said many pages ago that I think Jimmy is one of the greatest kids to ever wear the Marquette uniform.  And Jae is one of my all-time favorite Warriors.

Wondering out loud whether the issue between Buzz and the Administration might be related to recruiting JUCOs is not the same as bashing JUCOs.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #2065 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
Is Tom Enlund even remotely aware that SMU rumors exist?  With most of them being transmitted via the Internet and social media he is still waiting for some flunky to drop a news bulletin on his desk or for something to hit the wires.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2066 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
News people outside the MUScoop Global HQ

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

Means we will be featured on CBS News at Ten again.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #2067 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
I need another Depends. I just crapped myself.

No, I'm not joking. I really did. Someone get me another man-diaper.

ort5210

• Walk-On
« Reply #2068 on: March 27, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
We're gonna have quite the laugh or cry when this thread turns up in somebody's psych dissertation.

HAHA i was thinking about sending the link of this forum to a friend thats in grad school to get his thoughts!

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #2069 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:03 PM »
I am going to write this one email and that is it.

3) Fr. P and Larry Williams know what Buzz means to MU and support him.
4) Fr. P, LW, BOT and Buzz all agree on the standards that are expected from all MU athletes. Buzz's standards are not any different than they have been.

Wait, you mean all the ball squeezing innuendo, all the injustices that L. Williams and Pilarz were forcing on Buzz was inaccurate?  YOU DON'T SAY   ::)

Some of the stupidest comments I have ever read here were things like the AD and President are trying to deemphasize athletics, gut them, push Buzz out, etc, etc.  Ridiculous then and continue to be ridiculous now.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2070 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Means we will be featured on CBS News at Ten again.

One of the players was caught at Bed Bath & Beyond and the press doesn't think that's a manly enough place for him.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2071 on: March 27, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »
Several of the under-21 players were seen shopping at Victoria's Secret at the mall...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2072 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #2073 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
Post of the year.
I'm just wondering why it took him 2 minutes to bump the thread
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #2074 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »
I brought up JUCOs, and I wasn't bashing them.  I simply wondered if the Administration was making an issue about it since there was rumored to be issues between Buzz and the Administration.  I was speculating/guessing/making crap up what they could be disagreeing about and that came to mind as something because I think Buzz would be very loyal to his JUCOs.

As the person who brought it up (and actually expected it to piss some people off that I even mentioned it) I don't think the JUCOs have been a problem.  I said many pages ago that I think Jimmy is one of the greatest kids to ever wear the Marquette uniform.  And Jae is one of my all-time favorite Warriors.

Wondering out loud whether the issue between Buzz and the Administration might be related to recruiting JUCOs is not the same as bashing JUCOs.

Ok, gotcha. I was responding to BigDaddy's response that some on here were bashing JUCOs suddenly (like we haven't had enough reasons the past 3 years to value JUCOs).
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

feedback