[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507277 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #2025 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »
Guys,

A friend of mine (BIG donor), just spotted  "Trend" Blackledge walking around Grand Ave Mall with a Cowboy hat on.

Reminder, this guy is a BIG donor.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???

Trend is gonna be Benford's assistant down at SMU!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2026 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
Who the hell was bashing JUCOs? What is this 1250 WSSP and Wisky simpletons who can't understand the important role junior college play in athletics?

That honestly pisses me off, my dad went to JUCO on a basketball scholarship. He had work and save up all two years just so he could then pay to get KState and graduate with a 4-year degree. No help from the family, JUCO was what got my father a degree.

The problem with JUCOs is that the opponents criticize them because they're closet racists.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2027 on: March 27, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
All of the schools say that to their season ticket holders...

Touche.

As for BigDaddy's post, not that I am calling him a liar, but just because it is what we all want to hear does not mean it is necessarily what is happening.  Patience, patience, patience.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #2028 on: March 27, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »
The problem with JUCOs is that the opponents criticize them because they're closet racists.

Not just opponents.....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2029 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2030 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
4) Fr. P, LW, BOT and Buzz all agree on the standards that are expected from all MU athletes. Buzz's standards are not any different than they have been.

Well, not to burst anyone's bubble, but if Buzz didn't change his standards, does that mean Fr. P, LW, BOT did? Why all the super secret sources saying Buzz had to decide what he was going to do?

I don't think that anyone changed their standards.  I'd have to think they all came to the table and actually talked about what they are.  I don't  think that anyone of them would say they don't want to have student-athletes to perform well in school and on the court.  Like an annual performance review - are you performing up to standards, what can be improved on, stuff like that. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2031 on: March 27, 2012, 03:34:36 PM »
Based on Bigdaddy's post, I have to say that I hope all of this is about nothing and that all of the freaking out about Buzz talking to SMU was because he was Tony B's reference and they wanted to follow up on him.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #2032 on: March 27, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
I am going to write this one email and that is it.

1) Buzz is not leaving for SMU or any other school.
2) Buzz wants Tony B to get the job at SMU.
3) Fr. P and Larry Williams know what Buzz means to MU and support him.
4) Fr. P, LW, BOT and Buzz all agree on the standards that are expected from all MU athletes. Buzz's standards are not any different than they have been.
5) Knock of the JUCO bashing it is sickening...fostering a false negative preception of these players is plain wrong.  Yeah Buzz has been told don't ever recruit another JFB or Jae Crowder..those type of kids don't belong at MU....   That makes alot of sense.

My recommendation..everyone log off for a week..

No sarcasm.... I would love for Tony Benford to get that job.  His relationships are long and deep in that area.  He would be a perfect fit for that job n deserves the opportunity.  I think he would instantly elevate that program.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #2033 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
so what is the issue then?

I am going to write this one email and that is it.

1) Buzz is not leaving for SMU or any other school.
2) Buzz wants Tony B to get the job at SMU.
3) Fr. P and Larry Williams know what Buzz means to MU and support him.
5) Knock of the JUCO bashing it is sickening...fostering a false negative preception of these players is plain wrong.  Yeah Buzz has been told don't ever recruit another JFB or Jae Crowder..those type of kids don't belong at MU....   That makes alot of sense.

My recommendation..everyone log off for a week..

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2034 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
Every time I think "this the last post I read"  this happens and literally LOL and spend another 15 minutes reading useless information!  Keep it up fellas!

Skats got lady parts.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #2035 on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »
Who the hell was bashing JUCOs? What is this 1250 WSSP and Wisky simpletons who can't understand the important role junior college play in athletics?

That honestly pisses me off, my dad went to JUCO on a basketball scholarship. He had work and save up all two years just so he could pay to get to KState and graduate with a 4-year degree. No help from the family, JUCO was what got my father a degree.

Nobody was bashing JUCOs, the theory was brought up in regards to what the evil empire of the BOT, LW, and Father P could possibly be doing to make Buzz leave (not allow Buzz to recruit JUCOs because of stupid media perception). I don't think there are any JUCO haters left around these parts.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2036 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »
Bump.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2037 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:57 PM »
Based on Bigdaddy's post, I have to say that I hope all of this is about nothing and that all of the freaking out about Buzz talking to SMU was because he was Tony B's reference and they wanted to follow up on him.

Tell me how this corresponds with IWBs tweets?  Everyone knows that IWB is close to Buzz.  IWB is saying that Buzz has decisions to make?  If it isn't about this, what is it about?  Where to go for dinner tonight???

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2038 on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
Ok, I'm going to nap for an hour, when I come back, I expect to see conformation that Buzz is staying. I don't think that's a lot to ask given everything else in this thread is it??  :P
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2039 on: March 27, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »

Tell me how this corresponds with IWBs tweets?  Everyone knows that IWB is close to Buzz.  IWB is saying that Buzz has decisions to make?  If it isn't about this, what is it about?  Where to go for dinner tonight???

Which suit has the least sweat stains so he can wear it to the presser.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
So, if we are to believe that SMU is interested in both Benford and Buzz, I wonder how rare that is. I cannot, for one, remember a single time where both a head coach and an assistant were tabbed as targets for the same job.

Anybody recall another instance?

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #2041 on: March 27, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
Touche.

As for BigDaddy's post, not that I am calling him a liar, but just because it is what we all want to hear does not mean it is necessarily what is happening.  Patience, patience, patience.

Actually BigDaddy has the most credibility on this entire board in my book.  Every other post he has made has been dead on 100% accurate and has acknowledged werking for the program.  Myself and other had suggested to him that it is good for no one especially himself if he wants to continue in the business to post on here.  He will get found out and fired.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2042 on: March 27, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Actually BigDaddy has the most credibility on this entire board in my book.  Every other post he has made has been dead on 100% accurate and has acknowledged werking for the program.  Myself and other had suggested to him that it is good for no one especially himself if he wants to continue in the business to post on here.  He will get found out and fired.

What if he posts as SMU21?  He can pretend to be a troll, but we'll know *wink*wink*

MUBrooklyn

• Walk-On
« Reply #2043 on: March 27, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »

SMU did not ask MU for permission to talk to Buzz as a reference for Tony B. That's not logical.

What's IWB's twitter name?

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #2044 on: March 27, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »

Iwb was one of Creans bitches... Close to Buzz ?  I havent seen it IWB is self serving and a non MU grad.   No trust there for me .... His tweet only further convinced me of that.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #2045 on: March 27, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »
Notice how once BigDaddy posted we haven't heard from the trolls, thanks BigDaddy they needed to leave
Bring back FFP!!!

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #2046 on: March 27, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
Notice how once BigDaddy posted we haven't heard from the trolls, thanks BigDaddy they needed to leave

Just wait, SMU28 is logging on to kick your ass for saying that!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2047 on: March 27, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »
Just wait, SMU28 is logging on to kick your ass for saying that!

He's going to kick your ass by dropping a large sum of money on you, but will not be able to state how much money.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #2048 on: March 27, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
I wonder what youngphilly thinks about all this?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2049 on: March 27, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
Based on the posting activity in the past 3 hours, we should hit 100 pages right around 9:00 tonight.

Nah...once everyone goes home from work, posting will slow considerably.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.