[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507281 times)

mufansince72

• Starter
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1825 on: March 27, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »
who are you?  An MU fan since 1972?  Really?  With these types of comments I'm wondering what you know.

I know nothing, just speculating as no one in their right mind would go to SMU right now for at least double their salary and lot's of promises.  If they want Buzz, they will have to pony up unheard of dollars.  

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1826 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Quote from: LAZER on Today at 12:47:34 PM
Man I love Buzz and think he's a great coach, but for $6 mil I think they could do better than Buzz.

I don't think they could do better than Buzz.  I think he's perfect for the job.  But there's no way he or any other college basketball coach should be making $6M per year at this time.

I think you two are saying the same thing.  But then again, I may have gotten confused on page 65 ...

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #1827 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
who are you?  An MU fan since 1972?  Really?  With these types of comments I'm wondering what you know.

he never said 1972. been a fan since page 72 of this thread.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1828 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
I know more than you and have been pretty darn accurate

If I offered you what he is being offered you would give up your MU degree in a heartbeat...

Talk is cheap.  Provide verifiable details or no one will take you seriously.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #1829 on: March 27, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
SMU is either stupid or desperate if they are going to pay a college basketball coach $6 million. 

Both, clearly...

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1830 on: March 27, 2012, 12:52:43 PM »
he never said 1972. been a fan since page 72 of this thread.

That's the page that finally got me as well.  I guess I need to change my name to MUMac72 ...

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #1831 on: March 27, 2012, 12:53:24 PM »
That's the page that finally got me as well.  I guess I need to change my name to MUMac72 ...

MQMac72, thank you very much

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1832 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
Quote from: LAZER on Today at 12:47:34 PM
Man I love Buzz and think he's a great coach, but for $6 mil I think they could do better than Buzz.

I think you two are saying the same thing.  But then again, I may have gotten confused on page 65 ...
Close, but I don't think they could do better than Buzz just because they paid $6M.  I think Buzz is perfect for the job and you're not going to do better.

That is, unless everything he was saying all along was just a bunch of BS.  But I don't believe that.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #1833 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
I personally saw Larry in action, I did not like what I saw and think he may be a mistake...

See this is the stuff that is dumb.  Assuming Larry is stupid because he is new without hearing what the real convo is behind the scenes.  That may be the conclusion in the end but give him a chance.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1834 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
See, you can appreciate Tom Crean for at least one thing that he did at MU.

Absolutely. Dwyane Wade, Final Four, Buzz Williams and going to IU are my "final four".

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1835 on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »
I believe in giving credit where credit is due.  However this turns out, this has got to be one of the most outstanding trolling efforts of all time.  These SMU fans (or are they Badger fans?) have done an amazing job.  Some day I'll be telling my children's children about the SMU troll of '12.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #1836 on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
Thanks for not giving MU the chance, Tom. Add this to the list.

It wasn't about money.  We couldn't match the opportunity, the history, the tradition, the state school beloved by many in the state, the fertile recruiting grounds, the conference stability, the blueboodness of the program.  Matching money and term length is only one part.

It's Indiana, It's Indiana > It's Marquette.   I know people don't like to hear that, but this is fact.   At some point people here will accept this.  Kentucky, UCLA, Indiana, Kansas, Duke matching money isn't going to get it done.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #1837 on: March 27, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »
Up that figure by about two million, that is what I heard

Wait, $6+ million annually for a college basketball coach?  Wouldn't that make Buzz the highest paid coach in ANY sport - collegiate or pro in the US?  Hell for that kind of money, why wouldn't SMU approach Bill Self, Roy Williams or Coach K?

Ok, found this before I posted, looks like he'd be second to Pitino.:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2011-coaches-salary-database.htm

For NCAA Football, Buzz would top them all:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-coaches-salaries-database/51244154/1

For NBA coaches looks like he'd tied Gregg Popovich and Mike D’Antoni, but be behind MU's own Doc Rivers (at $7m per year):
http://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/salary-and-contracts-of-nba-coaches/

And for NFL coaches Buzz would be 4th at $6m per year:
http://www.forbes.com/2011/01/04/patriots-redskins-seahawks-business-sports-nfl-highest-paid-coaches_slide_5.html

*I know some of these are a year old lists are a year old, but it's the most accurate info I could find.

ort5210

• Walk-On
« Reply #1838 on: March 27, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »
I believe in giving credit where credit is due.  However this turns out, this has got to be one of the most outstanding trolling efforts of all time.  These SMU fans (or are they Badger fans?) have done an amazing job.  Some day I'll be telling my children's children about the SMU troll of '12.

1+

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #1839 on: March 27, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
Again, as has been said by others, how is this an "issue"?  Much less an issue that would rise to this level of stand-off between the two parties?

All I can think of is that the BOT is laying down some pretty draconian measures that Buzz thinks are far too severe.

So you are saying the BOT has squirmy feelings?
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1840 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »

Totally agree.  The SMU trolls have been top notch.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

The Special Brew

• Walk-On
« Reply #1841 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
A point were noting is that SMU has loads of super-rich alum (though perhaps that was noted up in Page 34).  They don't care about the money, they care about winning. Remember, still the only school to have been given the death penalty? Worthy accolades...

If they afford $6M a year at a crap lower tier basketball team with no base, so be it. If that's what Buzz wants, so be it. My guess is that he's more interested in what he has at Marquette, but total speculation.

Benny B

• All American
Re: Do we know any more today than we knew yesterday?
« Reply #1842 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »
Do you know what the divorce rate is these days?

It's a lot lower than most people think.  Just like the transfer rate is a lot higher than people think.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1843 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »
Thanks for the rationale, Chicos!

Whether you think he's Chicos or not, I find it hard to disagree with anything in that post.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1844 on: March 27, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
Talk is cheap.  Provide verifiable details or no one will take you seriously.
 I'm not sure who on this board is taking him (them) seriously as it is.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #1845 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
its amazing how little you know...

No, you know nothing. Buzz was never and is never leaving Marquette for SMU. This thing has spun insanely out of control. Go troll somewhere else.
We Are Marquette

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1846 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
So you are saying the BOT has squirmy feelings?
I am not in a position to know what feelings any of the involved parties have.  From what Buzz has preached since he's been here, he's either one of the great con men of all time or the administration must be proposing some awfully harsh penalties for further disciplinary problems.  

Or...all this is entirely made up.  

Or...ah hell. WHO THE F KNOWS!!!

brewcity'77

• Walk-On
« Reply #1847 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
I think it's hilarious that SMU fans are talking about how insane the money Buzz Williams would get.  Buzz makes $2.6 million a year.  The highest paid coach in the NCAA is Coach Cal at $4 million a year (that'll teach you not to cheat...).  The 2nd highest paid is Coach Izzo at $3.5 million a year (along with Billy Donovan and maybe others).  Is SMU really going to pay a coach with 5 years experience, whose best postseason is the Sweet 16, more than Izzo and Donovan, both guys with National Championships and Final Fours galore?  I have my doubts about that.

But wait, they're just going to slip money under the table to the coach.  That's what cheaters do to student-athletes, not to coaches.  And slipping money under the table within the athletic program has worked out really well throughout SMU's history...

talk about good timing, I just saw this today, Calipari's actual UK contract
http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2012/03/26/13/48/Q6FQ2.So.79.pdf

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1848 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
A point were noting is that SMU has loads of super-rich alum (though perhaps that was noted up in Page 34).  They don't care about the money, they care about winning. Remember, still the only school to have been given the death penalty? Worthy accolades...

If they afford $6M a year at a crap lower tier basketball team with no base, so be it. If that's what Buzz wants, so be it. My guess is that he's more interested in what he has at Marquette, but total speculation.

And where, exactly, have these super-rich alum been the past three decades?
Did they just recently decide they care about winning?
Or did they recently learn that they're super rich?

MarsupialMadness

• All American
Re: Do we know any more today than we knew yesterday?
« Reply #1849 on: March 27, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
It's a lot lower than most people think.  Just like the transfer rate is a lot higher than people think.

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%

This would be Buzz's second marriage, no?

feedback