collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 512496 times)

SMU17

• Walk-On
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
SMU has more money than all of them...but I can understand the disbelief...

It should be exciting, you will have tons of money to hire next guy and it creates a little big east rivalry....I know we are...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
I would never say things won't happen in today's sports world. If somebody would have told me 20 years ago that Strong would be so active I would not have believed it. The game has changed and literally anything is possible. My greatest fear when it comes to Buzz is something crazy happening and he cannot say no. One beautiful thing of taking over a struggling program is that your timetable for success moves further out.

Honestly if I were a coach today and not in the "upper elite" programs I might opt for lateral or slighty backward movement in job to protect myself. Buzz has a bar which will continue to move higher at MU with success which leads to possible disappointment. MU can win NC but it is not a job expectation here but fan expectations have risen. Two years of missing NCAA, do not think it will happen, would make nativs restless. New program with hopes but not expectations really is not bad option.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
I would never say things won't happen in today's sports world. If somebody would have told me 20 years ago that Strong would be so active I would not have believed it. The game has changed and literally anything is possible. My greatest fear when it comes to Buzz is something crazy happening and he cannot say no. One beautiful thing of taking over a struggling program is that your timetable for success moves further out.

Honestly if I were a coach today and not in the "upper elite" programs I might opt for lateral or slighty backward movement in job to protect myself. Buzz has a bar which will continue to move higher at MU with success which leads to possible disappointment. MU can win NC but it is not a job expectation here but fan expectations have risen. Two years of missing NCAA, do not think it will happen, would make nativs restless. New program with hopes but not expectations really is not bad option.
If that is how Buzz thinks they can have him.  He'll never win jack here anyway if that's his thought process.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »
We won't have him we will take him...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
ATLWarrior---Who said Buzz thought like that? I simply stated that if Buzz utimately wants UT job he could get it coaching at MU or anywhere as long as successful. My point is to think that coaches do not have their own interests in mind to some extent is crazy. The best guys in the world make selfish decisions from time to time. All I am saying is what would have sounded crazy five years ago might not be crazy today. Five years ago Buzz was making nothing and today he is multi millionaire.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
You have a basketball team, we have a basketball program.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Goose

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
I would say with 99.9% certainty that Buzz would not go to SMU or other "struggling" program. It is the .1% that worries me.

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
You have a basketball team, we have a basketball program.

Wowwwww you are great

sailwi

• All American
CBS.com SMU pursuing Buzz
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
Nothing more than SMU wants Buzz and is willingly to pay but it was written by Goodman who is Buzz's BFF so that gives me a 1% concern.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18025287/smu-pursuing-marquettes-buzz-williams

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: CBS.com SMU pursuing Buzz
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2012, 08:56:21 PM »
So, Goodman is to Buzz as Katz is to Crean?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
So, Goodman is to Buzz as Katz is to Crean and Don Walker is to bo?
Fixed.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
I've heard Buzz talk about Goodman and how he believed in him (Buzz) before anyone else did, so I do think it is equivalent to Crean/Katz seems every coach has their mouthpiece and Goodman is Buzz's.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2012, 09:09:31 PM »
You said "mouthpiece"

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »
really SMU wants to pursue Buzz?    Sure they can't get Izzo or Boeheim?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2012, 09:15:45 PM »
The carnage that would ensue here if this happened would be breathtaking to watch.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
More like at Zilber Hall
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Goodman's source?   SMU17...from his mom's basement

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
SMU is not a basketball school.  They are below .500 and have nothing.

If Buzz took this job, he would label himself a mercenary.  See Kevin O'Neill.  See Oliver Purnell.  That is not a good thing to be.

If SMU wants to make a run at being a decent basketball school, the best thing they can do is seek out the hottest assistant coach and hire them.

Let me repeat what I said before ... Hire Tony Benford!

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »
This sounds really crazy but Buzz would be able to recruit great at that school.  It has extremely powerful Alums that are willing to put their money down for a winner. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
This sounds really crazy but Buzz would be able to recruit great at that school.  It has extremely powerful Alums that are willing to put their money down for a winner. 

Hell, that equation worked for Scott Drew at Baylor.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »

Careful with these words as powerful SMU alums have put their money down for a winner and it resulted in the death penalty!

SMU17

• Walk-On
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
Done deal...see you guys 2013.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
For Buzz, it'd be career suicide. For Benford, it'd be a great gig. Unless SMU is changing their colors to baby blue and gold, replacing their airport signage with LAX logos, and spray painting "Pauley Pavilion" on their stadium, Buzz ain't coming.

If he leaves, it will be for a real basketball program. SMU doesn't have one of those. Buzz ain't going.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
SMU17 - you are more likely to land Rob Jeter from Milwaukee than Buzz...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:51:22 PM by madtownwarrior »

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
No way Buzz takes $$$ to go to some crap school and have to re-establish himself. Doubt Buzz is like that. We are in position to maybe get to a F4 soon so why would he leave?