'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club  (Read 29148 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
Let's put it this way...if Bill Michaels is breaking "the story" I am not terribly concerned. If it was something truly bad, someone with a bit more swag would already have it.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »
He's getting sooo cocky. Saying they are still working to "confirm" whatever it is they are going to claim. Says "its what journalists used to do."
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
He's getting sooo cocky. Saying they are still working to "confirm" whatever it is they are going to claim. Says "its what journalists used to do."
I suspect they are dragging it out trying to keep some listnership for a while. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

Meaning, they're checking on what they can say without getting sued by Marquette.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
With the Saints news and the Tebow trade, wanna bet he doesnt get to his "breaking news on MU" because of reasons like

"Not good journalism to give out his info"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
I suspect they are dragging it out trying to keep some listnership for a while.  

This.

Meaning, they're checking on what they can say without getting sued by Marquette.

And this.

With the Saints news and the Tebow trade, wanna bet he doesnt get to his "breaking news on MU" because of reasons like

"Not good journalism to give out his info"

and this.

If 'it' doesn't already exist on Twitter, this lazy ass doesn't have it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:05:00 PM by NavinRJohnson »

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »

"Journalism" and "sports talk radio" should never be used in the same sentence.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »
I tuned in for a few seconds when they where talking about UW and how they had a chance without Fab Mayo playing, turned it off at that moment cause there's no way in hell the man has any idea what he's talking about

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
I'm hoping for a Badger loss as much as anyone, but there's always a chance of an upset.  Syracuse isn't Kentucky.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2012, 12:26:01 PM »
Basically saying there was a fight with DJO being involved. Oh and something about a bottle being used and somebody being taken to a hospital.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Per Michaels:

Additional information is DJO was there.  

Fight broke out, reports are DJO was in an altercation with numerous patrons at the establishment.  

Some say other players jumped in, some say players tried to break it up.  

A bottle was used to beat a patron.  Patron beat up pretty bad.  

It was an afterparty after a Bucks game, maybe some Bucks players there but Bucks players not involved.  

Supposedly grainy video tape of incident.  

Additional witnesses being sought.  Ongoing investigation, possible that charges could be brought.

Oh and suppossedly they know more but are refraining due to legal constraints.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:32:51 PM by mufanatic »

Norm

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
When did this fight supposedly take place? The night they were all ticketed? If so, how in the world is this kept quiet by all involved for almost 2 months?

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »
Unfortunately, due to other Wisconsin-related news, this story is now a sidebar on Yahoo's front page.  Too bad.  We'll see if this story can simmer down.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
So wait .... DJO beat someone with a bottle so severely the guy had to be hospitalized, and the cops just sent him on his merry way?
Hmmmm. Something doesn't add up.

VanderBabyBlue

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
When did this fight supposedly take place? The night they were all ticketed? If so, how in the world is this kept quiet by all involved for almost 2 months?

After what took place just last year, do you really have to ask this?

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
With as quickly as video leaked out on the internet of Water St on St Patricks Day and everybody having a cell phone and adding in the fact the Milwaukee St is always over crowded on Saturday nights all I can do is call shenanigans on all of the speculation.  There is no way not a peep of this was uttered for over 2 months

chapman

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »
So wait .... DJO beat someone with a bottle so severely the guy had to be hospitalized, and the cops just sent him on his merry way?
Hmmmm. Something doesn't add up.
Thank you.  My thoughts exactly.   

Norm

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
After what took place just last year, do you really have to ask this?
Yes, because if it was at a nightclub full of people who have no association with MU, how does everyone stay quiet? What's their incentive? In today's twitter and facebook social media obsession, I would be shocked if something like that stayed quiet for more than 2 hours, let alone almost 2 months.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »
Some commenter on jsonline is claiming he was there and it was all started by the UW-Madison players.  Obviously take that with a grain of salt, but could make things very interesting.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »
With as quickly as video leaked out on the internet of Water St on St Patricks Day and everybody having a cell phone and adding in the fact the Milwaukee St is always over crowded on Saturday nights all I can do is call shenanigans on all of the speculation.  There is no way not a peep of this was uttered for over 2 months

There were some "peeps" about a fight at a bar after the WV suspensions were handed out, but even that was nearly a month after the incident.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
True there were some rumblings to that but with the setting involved it doesn't add up for me.  If this had happened at a Dousman corner bar it would've been front page news immediately

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
And to add to my last post, look how quickly word got out on Torre Johnson for his bar problems and the world was not as connected socially back then.  Amazing how the technology has changed in such a short time

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2012, 01:05:33 PM »
True there were some rumblings to that but with the setting involved it doesn't add up for me.  If this had happened at a Dousman corner bar it would've been front page news immediately

I don't buy that story for a second, but doesnt seem too far fetched that they would go there, given Kobe and half the Lakers were there the previous night. Obviously a fairly hatnen spot.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2012, 01:06:22 PM »
I'm so disappointed in DJO.  I don't know if he was involved in the alleged sexual assault because I never heard the names but he was with Vander when he got into his incident and didn't stop him, then got suspended for the Northern Colorado game, then this and he got suspended for a half against West Virginia (I don't know if they are related).  Not only is he an upperclassmen, he has a chance to be drafted and play in the NBA.  For him to continually put himself in these situations is just sad.  I love the leadership he's shown on the court but he's been the exact opposite off of it.