[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club  (Read 29158 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: 6 Marquette players ticketed for being in a night club
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »
ZFB got a DC for taking a leak in the alley behind McGillicuddy's in 2002.

Also got a jaywalking ticket at 16th and wells my junior year.

Those were fun to disclose on my secuirites license disclosure.  :D

How do you get caught jaywalking?

that's when you start sprinting through the neighborhood.   Are they gonna cap you over a jaywalk?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is the first article about Marquete in the Wisconsin State Journal since the game in December.  And it's about the club incident. 
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/ncaa-men-s-basketball-marquette-players-already-disciplined-for-bar/article_7e1ad1ec-731b-11e1-b612-0019bb2963f4.html

A holes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2012, 08:12:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is the first article about Marquete in the Wisconsin State Journal since the game in December.  And it's about the club incident. 
http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/men/ncaa-men-s-basketball-marquette-players-already-disciplined-for-bar/article_7e1ad1ec-731b-11e1-b612-0019bb2963f4.html

A holes.

They regularly have scores and stories regarding MU on the 2nd page of the paper.

This is a story, albeit minor.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »
While I previously stuck up for the JS for doing their job .. this story is 100% bogus.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143625166.html?page=1

Marquette officials have disclosed that guard Darius Johnson-Odom, who is of legal drinking age, was at Apt. 720 Club, a downtown Milwaukee nightclub, the same night as six of his teammates.

University spokesman Brian Dorrington said Johnson-Odom, 21, was disciplined for a violation of team rules.

"As was the case with the players named with the citations, we cooperated with the Milwaukee Police Department and referred the players involved to the University's Student Conduct System, as would be the case for any Marquette student. Discipline was imposed through the team, the Athletic Department and the university," Dorrington said in an email.

Dorrington did not say what the discipline was, nor did Athletic Director Larry Williams in a statement released Tuesday by the university.

Six players were cited for being under age in the club. The six are Todd Mayo, 20; Vander Blue, 19; Jamail Jones, 19; Juan Anderson, 18; Derrick Wilson, 20; and Jake Thomas, 20.

Here's the earlier story on the incident.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
The more that this story stays out there on JS and local TV the more it pisses me off. I do not think this story was media attention worthy when it happened and still not. As a parent of two college grads and two soon to be college students I do understand kids spread their wings in college. This is a situation to be handled with the kids and their parents first and then athletic department. Think it is sad state of affairs that local media would put a cloud over this team's run at a NC.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2012, 09:04:50 AM »
While I previously stuck up for the JS for doing their job .. this story is 100% bogus.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143625166.html?page=1

Agree completely. I, too, had said that Walker was just writing the facts about a story after he heard them. This follow-up, however, seems like the journalistic equivalent of "I'm not saying. I'm just saying..."

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
The part that worries me, because you know it will be overblown, is this:

"Tony Skoufis, who said he was the club's bar manager, told the Journal Sentinel earlier this month that there had been an incident outside the club that night. He said he had not had a chance to check the videotapes to determine what happened.
But he did say police were called and ordered the tavern closed early that night.
"We did that," Skoufis said.
Police have confiscated video at the club but have not released the videos because their investigation is continuing."

I half expect some grainy black and white film to magically come out next Wednesday when the team leaves for the final four. The video will show people people getting mad at each-other and the media will say words like "alcohol ", "assault", "violent" and "anger".  Things will be complete when Eugene Kane writes his article on the situation.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »
The part that worries me, because you know it will be overblown, is this:

"Tony Skoufis, who said he was the club's bar manager, told the Journal Sentinel earlier this month that there had been an incident outside the club that night. He said he had not had a chance to check the videotapes to determine what happened.
But he did say police were called and ordered the tavern closed early that night.
"We did that," Skoufis said.
Police have confiscated video at the club but have not released the videos because their investigation is continuing."

I half expect some grainy black and white film to magically come out next Wednesday when the team leaves for the final four. The video will show people people getting mad at each-other and the media will say words like "alcohol ", "assault", "violent" and "anger".  Things will be complete when Eugene Kane writes his article on the situation.

If they release the tapes then they won't be business for much longer.  Tony is smarter than that.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
The article kind of assumes the tapes will be released by the police (to the public? or back to Tony?) once the investigation is complete. Also, I really hope my tax dollars are not investigating this travesty.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2012, 11:11:11 AM »
Bill Michaels saying this is the "tip of the iceberg." Being as vague as possible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:13:50 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:08 AM »
What does this have to do with the "business of sport"?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
Bill Michaels saying this is the "tip of the iceberg." Being as vague as possible.

Who is Bill Michaels?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
Who is Bill Michaels?

Some Milw radio guy. Says there some possible additional legal stuff down the line. He says he is going into in more detail at the bottom of the hour - listen here - sportsradio1250.com
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »
Some Milw radio guy. Says there some possible additional legal stuff down the line. He says he is going into in more detail at the bottom of the hour - listen here - sportsradio1250.com

cant listen. mind updating us?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
Interesting that he's talking to Buzz at 1:45 today per MU. He's the type of guy that will try to hammer Buzz on this and I'd like to hear that confrontation. Could get uncomfortable.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
Will not share any rumors on here but have heard a slew of them from reasonable sources over past 24 hours. One in particular is worrisome, but want to hold off judgement. I do think certain guys or team in general have a target on their back and that causes rumors. I hope all the rumors out there are false, but very, very worried.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
cant listen. mind updating us?

Will do.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:44 AM »
Let me save you all the trouble and predict what he will say...DJO was hammered, started a fight, beat the snot put of some guy, continued outside and the cops were called....this would not happen with a Bo Ryan team, Buzz has lost a little control, etc.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »
Interesting that he's talking to Buzz at 1:45 today per MU. He's the type of guy that will try to hammer Buzz on this and I'd like to hear that confrontation. Could get uncomfortable.

That interview happened on Monday.

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Will do.

Please don't. These trolls don't need to be fed.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:57 AM »
Will not share any rumors on here but have heard a slew of them from reasonable sources over past 24 hours. One in particular is worrisome, but want to hold off judgement. I do think certain guys or team in general have a target on their back and that causes rumors. I hope all the rumors out there are false, but very, very worried.
Make up your mind.  Last night you were talking about your son being there and how it was totally blown out of proportion.  Now, you've got all these "rumors" about how it was something worse.

Which is it?  

Goose

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Rumors have nothing to do with the Jan night...a different situation.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
Rumors have nothing to do with the Jan night...a different situation.

So your rumors have nothing in connection to the thread topic? Something completely different from the 720 incident?

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »

Goose, I severely doubt you have any "reasonable sources"...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
Please don't. These trolls don't need to be fed.

+1
Ugh.  This s*** again.  I think I'll hold out until there's actual fact-based information.