Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pee Down Our Leg...  (Read 6142 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Pee Down Our Leg...
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Just a question 4ever... you are a long time poster and I have always considered you a knowledgeable and worthy contributor.

However, lately you seem to be overly negative and overly voacal about it, what gives??

+1000. Dude is just flat out annoying these days.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
Maybe ZFB has been stingy with the reach-arounds.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »

Not everybody uses teal for sarcasm.  If you think 4ever is irritating then you take the Internet too seriously.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
I'm fine with BYU getting scheduling accommodations, but I don't get why they were dropped down to the 14-line. In either the West or East they could have been in a play-in for the 12 or 13 seeds and not played any Sunday games. According to the true seed list, BYU was #48 (12-seed) and Iona was #50 (13-seed) yet both were put on the 14 line. #51 Long Beach State (12-seed), #52 Ohio (13-seed) #53 Davidson (13-seed), #54 New Mexico State (13-seed), and #55 Montana (13-seed) were all seeded higher than BYU/Iona despite being rated lower by the committee.

Personally, I think we should be able to handle either of these teams with relative ease. But it is a bit suspect that a team rated as the 2nd best 3-seed has to face a team that according to their numbers should be a 12 or 13 seed rather than the 14-seed opponent that we earned.

I'm just glad we don't have to play Long Beach State...they play a lot like MU
The "average fan" is an idiot.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
That's true but buzz did use that exact phrase yesterday.

I see you've decided to take up residency with the Morgantown tin foil hat crowd.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Warriors 79

• Scholarship Player
  • The only hotter lady is my wife....
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
Golden Showers.....good one.  Rim shot AND a cymbal crash.

Just take are of business..trap them right from the start and blow the doors off either team. Fearless, relentless, no mercy.

Play 'em on Sat , Sunday, or any given day anywhere....just play Marquette basketball.

Who care who gets schedule accommodations? Still gotta win 6 games for a national title and Thursday works for me!

"I went into a restaurant one night and ordered lobster, and the waiter brought me one with a claw missing. He told me that in the back there's a tank they keep the lobsters in and while they're in there, they fight and sometimes one loses a claw. I told him to bring me a winner."  Al McGuire

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
That's true but buzz did use that exact phrase yesterday.

So then this is proof positive that Buzz reads MUScoop!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
If Mu loses to BYU/IONA the Mu scoop server will probably crash but I will have nothing to do with it as i guarnatee i will not read a singlr post for at least 3-4 weeks. 

This.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
I think Jay Bee was probably channeling Rick Perry.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »

Try being his body servant. Ask ptm. Whoa.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »

Try being his body servant. Ask ptm. Whoa.

+1. The senility is getting a bit ridiculous.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 05:10:18 AM »
Just a question 4ever... you are a long time poster and I have always considered you a knowledgeable and worthy contributor.

However, lately you seem to be overly negative and overly voacal about it, what gives??

Beleive me I was really disappointed in the loss in NYC, i thought we could have won it and the way it played out seems i was right.  Also really disappointed that Junior seems to go into mental lock way too often. 

But again seems like your really down and negative on this team all of a sudden despite the fact that is this team loses on Thursday still be all rights had a wonderful season.

What gives??

First of all, this line is virtually a direct quote from Buzz. I remember one year we played Okla St. with Big Country while KO was coachin' at about 11 am on Thurs. and lost. To me, I had no interest in the remainder of the Tournament. It sucked. Secondly, I'm not negative. Just not willing to crown MU champs yet. I like Buzz, like the draw, and generally like the team. The team, however, has major flaws which have been exposed. I think they can beat literally 60-65 teams in the field. While its a big man's game, and I do believe the national champ will be a team who has at least one very good 5 man, you do need a facilitator in place as your point guard. Of all the pieces MU has, Jr. is the weak link. Put, Diener,
Miller, Meminger, Boylan on this team and book them for NOLA. Anyway, enjoy the ride. It figures to be wild.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »

First of all, this line is virtually a direct quote from Buzz. I remember one year we played Okla St. with Big Country while KO was coachin' at about 11 am on Thurs. and lost. To me, I had no interest in the remainder of the Tournament. It sucked. Secondly, I'm not negative. Just not willing to crown MU champs yet. I like Buzz, like the draw, and generally like the team. The team, however, has major flaws which have been exposed. I think they can beat literally 60-65 teams in the field. While its a big man's game, and I do believe the national champ will be a team who has at least one very good 5 man, you do need a facilitator in place as your point guard. Of all the pieces MU has, Jr. is the weak link. Put, Diener,
Miller, Meminger, Boylan on this team and book them for NOLA. Anyway, enjoy the ride. It figures to be wild.

Wow.

Did you really just post some thoughts that did not include a one line negative reference to Tom Crean or rehash some old one line sophomoric joke for the hundreth time?

The world must be ending...

PS. Agree with you that as Junior rolls, so does MQ MU roll. He has been so Jeckyl / Hyde lately, we could lose at any point or beat just about anyone.

PPS. "MQ" is probably the most ridiculous idea I have ever read on this board. No offense to whoever's post that was.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
Secondly, I'm not negative. Just not willing to crown MU champs yet. I like Buzz, like the draw, and generally like the team. The team, however, has major flaws which have been exposed. I think they can beat literally 60-65 teams in the field. While its a big man's game, and I do believe the national champ will be a team who has at least one very good 5 man, you do need a facilitator in place as your point guard. Of all the pieces MU has, Jr. is the weak link. Put, Diener, Miller, Meminger, Boylan on this team and book them for NOLA. Anyway, enjoy the ride. It figures to be wild.

It's like you're reading my mind.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »
on Thursday and we go home before most teams have tipped it up.
On our worst outing with Junior playing horrible and Jae in bizarre foul trouble, we are down to a upstart Louisville team  at 13 min x 4 points and down by 7 with 9 minutes to go.  We will play better Thursday.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
If Junior is the weak link, imagine where we'd be without him. We've seen how badly things go when he has an off day. I think Derrick Wilson has some upside, and I generally like when we go to Blue/Mayo/DJO in the backcourt in spurts, but I can't imagine us having to play full games without him right now. As well as the Wisconsin game went, I don't think that would be the norm.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »
We need junior catigan to show up. That junior cartigen is no good. Junior cadougan can drop some dimes. I worry about junior caddiggin.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »

THIS. WELL. STATED. 4EVER. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

feedback