Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pee Down Our Leg...  (Read 6144 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Pee Down Our Leg...
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »
on Thursday and we go home before most teams have tipped it up.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Pee Down Our Leg...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:59:23 AM »
That's one keen observation.

connie

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:05:18 AM »
Brilliant.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:15:12 AM »
Just a question 4ever... you are a long time poster and I have always considered you a knowledgeable and worthy contributor.

However, lately you seem to be overly negative and overly voacal about it, what gives??

Beleive me I was really disappointed in the loss in NYC, i thought we could have won it and the way it played out seems i was right.  Also really disappointed that Junior seems to go into mental lock way too often.  

But again seems like your really down and negative on this team all of a sudden despite the fact that is this team loses on Thursday still be all rights had a wonderful season.

What gives??
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:56:07 AM by Canadian Dimes »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:17:26 AM »
I think pee down our leg is a quote buzz used to describe louisville game. Athletic lengthy bigs are what gives MU trouble. I would be extremely surprised if we don't make sweet 16.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
I think pee down our leg is a quote buzz used to describe louisville game. Athletic lengthy bigs are what gives MU trouble. I would be extremely surprised if we don't make sweet 16.

Pee down our legs was a quote by a famous, now banned poster about a game mu lost a year or so ago.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:44 AM »
That's true but buzz did use that exact phrase yesterday.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »
If MU loses to Iona/BYU, there will be more than peeing going on. It will be from the other end.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »
That's true but buzz did use that exact phrase yesterday.

Maybe Buzz is a frequent visitor to this site.

My concern is the MO game if both teams get that far.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »
If MU loses to Iona/BYU, there will be more than peeing going on. It will be from the other end.

If Mu loses to BYU/IONA the Mu scoop server will probably crash but I will have nothing to do with it as i guarnatee i will not read a singlr post for at least 3-4 weeks. 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
no hiding from that one.   

Buzz and the guys have set themselves up wonderfully...now is the time to execute and PLAY SOME DEFENSE!!!

Lets Go Marquette!!!!

TJ

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
Maybe Buzz is a frequent visitor to this site.

My concern is the MO game if both teams get that far.
If we get to a game against Mizzou... we might lose, but oh what a game that would be.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
We'll be a 4-6 point favorite vs BYU/Iona. Losing would hardly be the upset of the century.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »
We'll be a 4-6 point favorite vs BYU/Iona. Losing would hardly be the upset of the century.

What would suck though is that we'd be talking about the fact that we didn't know who we were playing until Tuesday night and that those teams are on the 14 line because of the cult BYU is in.

Easy cure... beat the piss out of whoever it is on Thursday.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
on Thursday and we go home before most teams have tipped it up.

The Depends leaking again?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »
Pee down our legs was a quote by a famous, now banned poster about a game mu lost a year or so ago.

No, it was "choking dogs that pee themselves."

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 09:16:06 AM »
What would suck though is that we'd be talking about the fact that we didn't know who we were playing until Tuesday night and that those teams are on the 14 line because of the cult BYU is in.
Easy cure... beat the piss out of whoever it is on Thursday.

Jay Bee I like your posts as a whole but this appears disrespectful (unless I am reading too much into it).  There are Marquette fans and alum of all religions/nationalities/etc..

If BYU wins on Tuesday my guess is we will see quite a few BYU fans/alum posting here.  Let's not turn this into anything but a basketball contest.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
Jay Bee I like your posts as a whole but this appears disrespectful (unless I am reading too much into it).  There are Marquette fans and alum of all religions/nationalities/etc..

If BYU wins on Tuesday my guess is we will see quite a few BYU fans/alum posting here.  Let's not turn this into anything but a basketball contest.

Yes. Thank you.

Rule 1 on this board should be: Don't be a douche.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »
no hiding from that one.   

Buzz and the guys have set themselves up wonderfully...now is the time to execute and PLAY SOME DEFENSE TAKE CARE OF THE BASKETBALL!!!

Lets Go Marquette!!!!

Fixed it for you.

I'm not so worried about the D, but there's a lot of pressing teams and a Louisville repeat cannot happen.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:11 AM »
Whteher u want to call them a cult or not and what is grounds to discuss on this board is a whole other discussion that I coulnt care less about.

However, i do agree that BYU should not have a Unfair advantage or other teams should have to change how things work to accomadate them.  And it sure seems that is the case.  i think MU should crush the skulls of whomever they play on Thursday but it sure seems BYU was catered to and that isnt right.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 10:37:06 AM »
Whteher u want to call them a cult or not and what is grounds to discuss on this board is a whole other discussion that I coulnt care less about.

However, i do agree that BYU should not have a Unfair advantage or other teams should have to change how things work to accomadate them.  And it sure seems that is the case.  i think MU should crush the skulls of whomever they play on Thursday but it sure seems BYU was catered to and that isnt right.

I'm fine with BYU getting scheduling accommodations, but I don't get why they were dropped down to the 14-line. In either the West or East they could have been in a play-in for the 12 or 13 seeds and not played any Sunday games. According to the true seed list, BYU was #48 (12-seed) and Iona was #50 (13-seed) yet both were put on the 14 line. #51 Long Beach State (12-seed), #52 Ohio (13-seed) #53 Davidson (13-seed), #54 New Mexico State (13-seed), and #55 Montana (13-seed) were all seeded higher than BYU/Iona despite being rated lower by the committee.

Personally, I think we should be able to handle either of these teams with relative ease. But it is a bit suspect that a team rated as the 2nd best 3-seed has to face a team that according to their numbers should be a 12 or 13 seed rather than the 14-seed opponent that we earned.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »
That's how they balanced the region to make up for having the lowest 1 (MSU #4) and lowest 2 (Mizzou #8) seed in the same region.  The committee adds up the ranking # (1-68) of each region to make the regions strength as a whole balance out as close as they can with each other. 

With a good team this year, I would much rather have a stronger bottom of the region and a weaker top since it will result in an easier path to winning the entire region.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »
Agree with the previous post.  Had to balance the region.  I'll take the #4 and #8 S-curve teams above us any day.  We have a genuine shot at going to the Big Easy fellas, let's not get greedy.  Let's play 'us' basketball for the next two weekends.  Then everything will take care of itself.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »

The truth is all orifices will likely be spewing. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

LON

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »
So...hopefully we don't experience any Golden Showers on Thursday?

/rimshot

EDIT:  I just cross-threaded this one...oops.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:17:35 AM by LancesOtherNut »