[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Chris Jones?  (Read 18429 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Chris Jones?
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »
'Flip' Pressy for Mizzu may be the best PG in the Country.  He's well under 5 ft.   Talent is talent.

Well under 5 feet? And they said Acker was small...Was his grandfather in the Wizard of Oz perhaps?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »

Well under 5 feet? And they said Acker was small...Was his grandfather in the Wizard of Oz perhaps?

Did he turn down Crean?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
Maybe he gets sick of basketball.  Maybe he gets sicks of going to class.  Maybe he gets sick of the regimen associated with D1  basketball.  Maybe he doesn't want to be in the same place for 6 years.  

I think as of now, he's committed to the 6th year, otherwise, I don't think Buzz would have come out and said as much.  But it's perfectly reasonable to think that at some point he just decides "You know what, I'm good.  Time to move on."

By now a winter in Texas might not sound too bad to him.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
I am not big on recruiting guards under 6'. He is listed as 5'10", which probably means with shoes.

Yes, at that height he may not be able to toss the ball all the way up into the third row...

Sorry Junior, I couldn't resist.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »
ahhh.  good point.  still means that is two years away.  a lot can happen between now and then...including chris deciding he doesn't want to be in college for 6 years.

Grad school.  MBA.   ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
Looks like we're still on this guy.  Went the juco route because of academics, but high praise from his coach.  With Kansas and L'ville on him as well he'd be a great pickup:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/sports/raiders-51307-steve-commodity.html

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »
Nothing against the 2 Wilsons that they will have next year. but when is a freshman and the other needs to find an offensive game, Jones would be a perfect pick up, add Nunn
and the guard situation is solidified.  2013-2014 might be MU's best team on paper under Buzz.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »
 :D Not another smurf guard....please. I think we need to get a  big or another Forward don't you?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
:D Not another smurf guard....please. I think we need to get a  big or another Forward don't you?

We have smurf guards on the roster?  I didn't know that.  Who?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »
Depends on Mayo's status.    Right about now, a quick guard sounds good.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »

Two weeks ago I would have agreed with you.  But with TJ Taylor leaving and Mayo's uncertainty, I most definitely we need at least one guard.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »
We have smurf guards on the roster?  I didn't know that.  Who?

Vander Blue;D

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Vander Blue is at best a complementary player, does not have the shake and bake to get his his shot off.  Does not mean he can not be a 12-14 point scorer, but that will be off the break
more often than not.  Might hit an open shot once in awhile.  There is nothing wrong with that, but that is all I see.  My hope is that he can finish at the rim this year and make majority
of those types of shots.  I see Lockett being more or a guard then Vander.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »

We could use another point guard, and if he can play high-major ball, I'm not too bothered by a short PG. This isn't the NBA, and with Junior leaving, our only PGs in 2013-14 and beyond are the two DW's. Neither has really proven themselves at this level. More experience, talent, and options at that position are a must. We need more size in 2014 and beyond, but for the next two years, another point is a bigger immediate priority.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
Vander Blue is at best a complementary player, does not have the shake and bake to get his his shot off.  Does not mean he can not be a 12-14 point scorer, but that will be off the break
more often than not.  Might hit an open shot once in awhile.  There is nothing wrong with that, but that is all I see.  My hope is that he can finish at the rim this year and make majority

I think that you may have missed real chili 83's point.  Smurfs are blue and Vander is, well, A Blue.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 05:25:07 AM »
I think that you may have missed real chili 83's point.  Smurfs are blue and Vander is, well, A Blue.

Ding ding ding  ::)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:37:13 AM by real chili 83 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 08:13:40 AM »

This will be Vander's breakout year.  Bank on it.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »

I disagree completely with this.

Vander can create a shot whenever he wants. The problem is that he's not a good shooter, so it's not effective to isolate him (like you can do with DJO).

If he can shoot well enough to draw defenders closer to him on the parameter, that will give him a better chance to drive and/or create a quality pull-up opportunity (something McNeal was excellent at as a senior).

Strength, and jumpshooting. If those get a little better, he'll be really good. If they get significantly better, he's going to be all-conf.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »
This will be Vander's breakout year.  Bank on it.
I think it will also be a breakout year for Blue. Some posters argue otherwise, but I believe Blue moving to the two from the three will be a hugh benefit for him. He is a player who needs the ball in his hands. You can argue all you want that there is no difference between a two or three in Buzz's offense, but I think you will see there is a difference. However, if Lockett plays the two and Blue stays at the 3 Blues's scoring will only improve marginally.

feedback