Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jae is POY!  (Read 15685 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Jae is POY!
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
Just as people on this board always say:

National media, coaches, etc. have a pro-Marquette bias.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »
Pretty impressive to go from JUCO National Player of the Year to Big East Player of the Year in just 2 seasons.  Congrats to Jae!  His performance this last 2 months has been remarkable - he simply makes winning play after winning play.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 07:19:48 PM »
Pretty impressive to go from JUCO National Player of the Year to Big East Player of the Year in just 2 seasons.  Congrats to Jae!  His performance this last 2 months has been remarkable - he simply makes winning play after winning play.

Even more impressive - from zero scholly offers in high school to BEast POY in 4 years.  Let's give him Most Improved while we are at it!
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »
If this comes to fruition, no amount of attention or accolade is enough.

It will be a massive accomplishment for Crowder. It will be a massive accomplishment for Buzz. It will be a massive accomplishment for the Marquette program.

Summed up perfectly, Lanche.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
So Huggins is upset.

Coaches can't vote for their own players, yet Jae was the only unanimous vote-getter on the 1st All BE team.

Huggins, you voted for the POY, Jae.

Smile and show some grace cuz your boy and team lost too many games...and Jae kept him in check when it mattered.

Congrats. Manimal!!!!
SS Marquette

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
While I was thinking earlier that I wouldn't mind if Kevin Jones was chosen Player of the Year, giving Crowder that much more motivation, the more I think of it, the more Jae deserved it so much that it would've been disappointing if he hadn't won it.  WVU fans seem to think that if you take Jae off our team, we would still be a 20+ win, NCAA tournament team, but they don't seem to realize we were missing both our centers for much of the season, so if you take off Crowder, the only guy you can consistently rely on on the boards and defending big men is Jamil Wilson, playing his second year after sitting out a year.  Crowder put the team on his back, finished with a bang, and that's what WVU fans who are pissed should realize.  I don't blame them b/c they don't know our team, but that is the honest response we should give them.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
Those WVU boards are funny lol....wow....Now they are all Pro-Big 12..I really hope they lose right away....Countryyyy roadddds

The Process

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »
I concur.  But winning and head to head performance trump.

Winning isn't everything, right Matt Kemp?

But yeah, I agree:  Winning carries a lot of weight when the stats are close.
Relax. Respect the Process.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
Haha of course not...I have no idea who did that.  ;D

Well done, sir!

Hamostradamus

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
The WV boards are hi-larious, they say they can't wait to get to the Big XII. Oookaaayy, first away game against Texas Oct. 6:  by car...1,399 mi, 22 hours 39 mins. Flight is only $482.50, 3 stops, 11.5 hours.
"ESPN -- is the one who told us what to do." - Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »
I've never really understood the allure of reading opposing teams' fan boards. Why wade knee-deep through the crazy while reading stuff you know you're going to disagree with? And I really don't see the point of trolling with posts just to piss people off.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
It's now official as Wikipedia has updated with Jae on the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_East_Conference_Men%27s_Basketball_Player_of_the_Year

And, Jae is the first from a former CUSA teams to win (Louisville, MU, DePaul and USF)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
It's now official as Wikipedia has updated with Jae on the list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_East_Conference_Men%27s_Basketball_Player_of_the_Year

And, Jae is the first from a former CUSA teams to win (Louisville, MU, DePaul and USF)

Hahahahahahaaa!!!

And the UConn article I posted earlier about each Big East team fanbase as a Simpsons character comes true. The team everyone always forgets is Cincy! Brilliantly done, sir  8-)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
The WV seem to forget that as Steve The Homer says "somebody has to score the points".  I feel like your team should either have to be in the upper half of the league.  WV didn't even live up to expectations.  How can you reward a guy in that situation. AND at the end of the day these guys went head to head on WV's home court and Jae completely buried Jones in stats.  That's it, case closed.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »
While I was thinking earlier that I wouldn't mind if Kevin Jones was chosen Player of the Year, giving Crowder that much more motivation, the more I think of it, the more Jae deserved it so much that it would've been disappointing if he hadn't won it.  WVU fans seem to think that if you take Jae off our team, we would still be a 20+ win, NCAA tournament team, but they don't seem to realize we were missing both our centers for much of the season, so if you take off Crowder, the only guy you can consistently rely on on the boards and defending big men is Jamil Wilson, playing his second year after sitting out a year.  Crowder put the team on his back, finished with a bang, and that's what WVU fans who are pissed should realize.  I don't blame them b/c they don't know our team, but that is the honest response we should give them.

They saw 1st hand why Jae deserves POY. 'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:33:57 PM by StillWarriors »

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
I'm happy, they are not.  I can live with that.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Did anyone listen to Buzz's comments on his radio show tonight?  They have relevance to this thread.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
As some WV fan wrote on Twitter, "number don't lie," as a pro Jones fact.  Crowder is the only Big East player ranked in the top 10 in Pomeroy's player of the year rankings.  Points and rebounds are not the only stat that's important in winning games.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
Congratulations Jae!!!!!    Helluva year my man, name will be up there with the good to great ones.  

definitely earned a big ass poster of yourself to be put up in the AL.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Did anyone listen to Buzz's comments on his radio show tonight?  They have relevance to this thread.

what did he say?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
I'm happy, they are not.  I can live with that.

Sadly this time, there was no ballroom dancing involved...
Relax. Respect the Process.

Donnybrook

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
Big 12 guys should not be eligible for POY award in the first place.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »
I just want to remind my fellow posters that I was telling you Crowder was the best player on our team back in December. Many of you did not agree with me.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »
I'm sure it's been discussed and I've just missed it but does anyone know what Jae's prospects were coming out of high school?  What kind of attention/rating was he getting and who was recruiting him/offered him?

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Big 12 guys should not be eligible for POY award in the first place.

This. I know the WVU fans (see: Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel) are going to draw connections to this and them leaving the conference but Jae was the only unanimous BE first team vote-getter. Period.