Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What happened in WV and the response of some  (Read 17714 times)

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
What happened in WV and the response of some
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:08:46 PM »
I am posting this for 2 reasons:

1) Because I want the 95% of the good decent fans to know this is a team and especially our coach are people you can be proud of. Are they perfect no, but when they make a mistake they own it.
2) The main reason I am posting is because I am nauseated by some of the vile, discussing comments/rumors that the minority like to throw out there. I am not sure if they think they are being funny, or they build themselves up by tearing others down or they are just scum, the bottom line is that the record needs to be set straight.

Buzz is not going to share the details on what happen in WV because he views these as family (team) issues and he is not going to budge on that, so I am not going to betray that. What I can say is that what happened was a simple minor infaction of a team rule, that is it. But Buzz laid out the rules and the consequences at the start of each season.  What I will tell you is that it is not:  

1, Todd taking them out on the town,,,
2. Drinking or drugs
3. Involving Girls
4. Anything illegal.

For all of you that suggested, inferred or passed on those scenarios you need to own up and apologize.

In regard to Buzz and the reason he did this because he is on some type of probation is simply false and is BS.  Buzz did this because he felt it was the right thing to do to teach his players as he said, "to be better fathers and better husbands."   Stating that this team is being held accountable for the actions of last year's team shows such a lake of understanding of who Buzz is that I won't even argue with it.  My Dad taught me not to argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then win out of experience.

Look at the embrace between him and Jae...that is what he is about..notice it was not Buzz grabbing Jae, it was Jae that first reach out to Buzz.

Finally to further reflect on Buzz's character he spent most of the day yesterday reaching our to the entire WV administration and several media outlets to further apologize for his "dance" after the game.  He is more worried about the negative image that may draw to the MU than the minor issue that as far as he is concerned is over and done with.

Let it go and root for this team, not because they are perfect, they are not, but because they are striving for it, they are fun to watch, they are generally a great group of young men and mostly because they are led by a man that is someone very special.  Yeah I have a huge man crush on him.

On a positive note DG is planning to play on Wed...because it is "leap Year Day", he figure it has to help his vertical...should know more Tuesday.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:38:14 PM by BigDaddy84 »

cheebs09

• All American
Re: What happen in WV and the response of some
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
Thanks a lot for your posts. Great information. Good to hear about Gardner. It did not appear he had any sort of brace on his knee during the game which is encouraging, although I'm guessing he may wear one while playing.

LloydMooresLegs

Re: What happen in WV and the response of some
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
Thanks once again BD for your insight and inside info (and integrity in your non-reveal reveal).

MUMac

• All American
Re: What happened in WV and the response of some
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
Thanks BigDaddy.  You sure have been a wonderful addition to this board!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
Thanks for the info , BD - but I'll admit out front I am going to steal the line about arguing with idiots and use it shamelessly at work.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
Thanks Big Daddy. Glad to hear Gardner will suit up. Hope Buzz uses him situationally to give guys a rest, keep out of foul trouble, etc., but doesn't overdo it until he is in good condition. Will be great to have another big for our tourney run though.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
BigDaddy for poster of the year.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
My Dad taught me not to argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then win out of experience.

This is my new motto..  Thanks for the perspective and insight

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
Just to clarify..I did not say GD is playing on Wednesday..he is planning on it..but has not been cleared yet.  Should know Tuesday.

PS  Thanks for the kind words from many of you and my Dad would be proud if you used his quote..he had season Tix for MU for >40 years, drank more than a few with Al.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
Great post! Love this team, love Buzz and, frankly almost every Marquette player in memory has been better behaved than I was in college so it's all good with me!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 01:34:40 PM »
Thanks for the info and insight Big Daddy - with you 100%.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »
Thanks BigDaddy.  You sure have been a wonderful addition to this board!

+1

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »
BigDaddy-- Great post. Wish you had been around a longer period of time on here. I am one the idiots you outed and will stand corrected. For the record, my point simply was the infractions had to be small and not worth being discussed. Due to that I found surprising that years group of kids were the first ones in Buzz's time here to break small rules and be punished.

Still find it disturbing that we are suspensions this late in the year over small issues. Do the kids not know better or what? We have had more suspensions this year than all my years of watching MU and this since 1968. Hopefully the guys finally understand the rules. We can afford anymore suspensions the remainder of the year.

Just curious, do you know why suspensions being off the charts this year?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
BD:

I am the idiot (or one of the idiots) that guessed that Todd took the guys out on the town.  I'm glad I was wrong and I apologize for that.

You have any links of Buzz reaching out to the WV media to apologize for the dance?  If they have been posted here, I have not seen them.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
Thanks, Big Daddy! Appreciate the inside look.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Wow, were people really insinuating that stuff? When I see threads with titles that don't justify their multiple pages at all, I generally stay away - I assume either a Crean/Buzz argument started or it went off in some other stupid tangent that this board is known for.

For example, the "All speculation aside, what did the four MU players do that brought punishment?" thread should have been done after the 1st page & 1/2 - i.e., they were late for something. But somehow, they thing devolved for another 3+ pages.

BTW, thanks BigDaddy - the best and most trustworthy inside source this board has had in a long time (where'd bma go?)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:08:38 PM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
BigDaddy-- Great post. Wish you had been around a longer period of time on here. I am one the idiots you outed and will stand corrected. For the record, my point simply was the infractions had to be small and not worth being discussed. Due to that I found surprising that years group of kids were the first ones in Buzz's time here to break small rules and be punished.

Still find it disturbing that we are suspensions this late in the year over small issues. Do the kids not know better or what? We have had more suspensions this year than all my years of watching MU and this since 1968. Hopefully the guys finally understand the rules. We can afford anymore suspensions the remainder of the year.

Just curious, do you know why suspensions being off the charts this year?

Do you really think there hasn't been disciplined sit outs in the past?  A player sitting on a bench for most of the BE season after seeing a lot of playing time earlier, and then a transfer?  A sprained ankle and then a mid season transfer.  A player deciding to study his senior year instead of playing, but then atoning and returning?  Players not starting at the beginning of last season?  And on and on.  Read the code:  a Buzz sprained ankle is often the same as a "Mafia heart attack".

These are students and we don't need to know about the details of these infractions unless made public.  Thanks BD

ecompt

• All American

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
Do you really think there hasn't been disciplined sit outs in the past?  A player sitting on a bench for most of the BE season after seeing a lot of playing time earlier, and then a transfer?  A sprained ankle and then a mid season transfer.  A player deciding to study his senior year instead of playing, but then atoning and returning?  Players not starting at the beginning of last season?  And on and on.  Read the code:  a Buzz sprained ankle is often the same as a "Mafia heart attack".

These are students and we don't need to know about the details of these infractions unless made public.  Thanks BD

This

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »
Blackheart
Holding kids out and suspending kids are two different things. Coaches hold kids out for a ton of reasons. Being suspended is not something we have seen at MU in all my years of watching. Why being held out means nothing to me, as long as not legal issue. BD very well be right on the money.

Do find out funny that someone with 60 posts is so highly regarded. Usually those folks are raked across the coals..unless they say what everyone wants to hear. Find it harder to believe that anyone that really is in the inner, inner circle would waste time posting on here.

icheights

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
Good stuff Big Daddy...I hope that WVU game was a character builder for this team..

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »
Goose,

First you out yourself....in a good way, after BD's post.

Then, in your next post, you essentially call BD a fraud.  

I'm confused.

BD, thanks for the info.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
Real
This site gets crazier and crazier. I do not think BD is a fraud anymore than I think I am a fraud. I have posted on here for awhile and will stand by my stance that the program is being monitored tighter this year. I can say anything about Big Daddy, he has posted on here for a short time and has offered info that any manager or friend of a manager would know.

I am old enough to have seen a lot of different things happen to our program. I will say I am not in the inner circle but am in communication with smart guys all the time.

My questioning of BD is simply based off his comments. He posted his thoughts and told everyone what they want to hear. If he had sixty posts and said we were on verge of probation he would be called a troll by twenty guys.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »
Real
This site gets crazier and crazier. I do not think BD is a fraud anymore than I think I am a fraud. I have posted on here for awhile and will stand by my stance that the program is being monitored tighter this year. I can say anything about Big Daddy, he has posted on here for a short time and has offered info that any manager or friend of a manager would know.

I am old enough to have seen a lot of different things happen to our program. I will say I am not in the inner circle but am in communication with smart guys all the time.

My questioning of BD is simply based off his comments. He posted his thoughts and told everyone what they want to hear. If he had sixty posts and said we were on verge of probation he would be called a troll by twenty guys.

I actually agree with Goose here. I appreciate BD's insight and if he is telling the truth, I hope he stays. But in this forum, he's also another (albeit valuable) poster. We can question him, as long as we are being fair and polite. Goose isn't out of line here.  BD does only have 60 posts, its not absurd for Goose or anyone else to question his sources.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »
Love all the info and even if the info is false, considering Im not going to find out the whole story anyways I trust it, so the info is appreciated.

The only thing BD is your DG info. While you probably do truely have info on what you are saying, most of it is really open ended and things that I could just as easily say. "Davante is improving and wants to try and play wednesday but isnt for sure".  

Just saying that I could just as easily say hes improving and going to try and play.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback