Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What happened in WV and the response of some  (Read 17713 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: What happened in WV and the response of some
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
What if BD84 was credible and Cincinnati read that Davante Gardner was playing on Wednesday? Do you think that's information the basketball team wants released by anybody other than a team official? Do you understand the ripple effect information leaks have within the program? At best, a lot of trust is lost within coaches and other staff.

And feel free to look into my posting history. You'll see I vehemently opposed the idiot that admitted he was chanting that at the BC.

What screams "LOOK AT ME" is somebody that's leaking (or pretending to be leaking) info on a message board. Do you think this guy cares about your knowledge of Davante Gardner's injury status? No, he's begging for attention (whether he is credible or not) and members like you are giving it to him.

:'(
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

RyanConroy

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 12:34:10 AM »
Nothing "valuable" comes from BD84's posts. Even with 100% accuracy, his information hasn't even been decisive enough to give any fan peace of mind about Davante (which could hardly be considered valuable anyway). He's either lying and deceiving or releasing confidential medical/personal information.

:'(

From the poster that brought you: "Tool."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
What if BD84 was credible and Cincinnati read that Davante Gardner was playing on Wednesday? Do you think that's information the basketball team wants released by anybody other than a team official? Do you understand the ripple effect information leaks have within the program? At best, a lot of trust is lost within coaches and other staff.

And feel free to look into my posting history. You'll see I vehemently opposed the idiot that admitted he was chanting that at the BC.

What screams "LOOK AT ME" is somebody that's leaking (or pretending to be leaking) info on a message board. Do you think this guy cares about your knowledge of Davante Gardner's injury status? No, he's begging for attention (whether he is credible or not) and members like you are giving it to him.

Anyways, to answer your question, you don't think Cinci is prepared both to play against Davante and to play against Marquette without Davante?  Marquette has been saying that he plans on playing when he's ready ever since the injury happened.  BigDaddy has said nothing more or less than that.  That he is planning on playing, but may not be ready to play.  You think a Division 1 team who has already played Marquette is going to be unprepared for either situation?  OK, if you really believe that then good for you.

And how does giving answers to the biggest question Marquette fans have had over the past month, a question that has been posted before and after every single game, scream "LOOK AT ME!"  It's not like he came on here and without any prompting gave us an update on Gardner.  People have been ASKING for a long time now, and he has ANSWERED.  Nothing like making a d-bag post about someone who has provided us with some good, valuable information, which is hard to find on this board as it is.  THAT is screaming "LOOK AT ME!"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:39:51 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »
Nothing "valuable" comes from BD84's posts. Even with 100% accuracy, his information hasn't even been decisive enough to give any fan peace of mind about Davante (which could hardly be considered valuable anyway). He's either lying and deceiving or releasing confidential medical/personal information.

From the poster that brought you: "Tool."

LOL!  Which is it?  So, he gives nothing "valuable" and he doesn't give enough information for fans to have peace of mind about Davante, yet his information is valuable enough to give opponents a competitive advantage?  Man oh man.  That makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:40:18 AM by wadesworld »

RyanConroy

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »
Anyways, to answer your question, you don't think Cinci is prepared both to play against Davante and to play against Marquette without Davante?  Marquette has been saying that he plans on playing when he's ready ever since the injury happened.  BigDaddy has said nothing more or less than that.  That he is planning on playing, but may not be ready to play.  You think a Division 1 team who has already played Marquette is going to be unprepared for either situation?  OK, if you really believe that then good for you.

And how does giving answers to the biggest question Marquette fans have had over the past month, a question that has been posted after before single game, scream "LOOK AT ME!"  It's not like he came on here and without any prompting gave us an update on Gardner.  People have been ASKING for a long time now, and he has ANSWERED.  Nothing like making a d-bag post about someone who has provided us with some good, valuable information, which is hard to find on this board as it is.  THAT is screaming "LOOK AT ME!"

There's no question Cincy's staff is looking at Davante, but the degree in which they do so would change if they thought there was a "90% chance" he would play. Ignoring any rumor we read on this board, could Cincinnati really think it's likely that Gardner will play? He's been "doubtful" for weeks, and the team hasn't given much of an indication of an improvement in his condition. And if you think BigDaddy hasn't actually confirmed anything new, then why would this be a topic of conversation? You failed to address my comment about the effect leaks have on a program.

So BD84 has entirely selfless motives? I guess he had been reading the boards, felt the pain of our posters and just had to ease our minds. Of course, it can't be that he just feels good letting others know he knows secrets (look no further than his purposely vague post about the suspensions, a topic in which he provided no information whatsoever). See my previous post on the "value" of his information.

RyanConroy

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »
LOL!  Which is it?  So, he gives nothing "valuable" and he doesn't give enough information for fans to have peace of mind about Davante, yet his information is valuable enough to give opponents a competitive advantage?  Man oh man.  That makes a lot of sense.

There are different standards of information for what gives us peace of mind and what alarms oppositions. I will admit, however, that if I were Mick Cronin, I would not use or trust any information posted by BigDaddy. But you want BD84 to stick around because you want inside information that actually MATTERS. If a poster established credibility and did provide that sort of information, there is no doubt that other teams could and would use it. Nobody here should want that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:46 AM »
Since we know Buzz talks to Crean on a regular basis, I'm figurin' BigDaddy is actually Crean. Ya know the dude is sly as a fox.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 07:51:43 AM »

Are you f*ckin serious?  If Mick Cronin is trolling the Scoop looking for a competitive advantage, we pretty much have already won the game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »
Possible Identities of "BigDaddy84":

1. A dork team manager who is going to get himself relieved from his duties with the team

2. A friend of a dork team manager that is going to get his friend relieved from his duties with the team

3. A dork student or young fan that doesn't have any information (<--- Most likely identity)

Possible Consequences of "BigDaddy84" if He has Actually Leaked Information:

1. Gifting a competitive edge to all MUBB opponents

Possible Consequences of "BigDaddy84" if He is a Fraud

1. Confusion among the MUBB fan-base

2. Embarrassment among those members that trusted him

Reaction Upon Departure of "BigDaddy84"

Good riddance.

What did he bang your girlfriend this weekend or something?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 08:01:17 AM »

Are you f*ckin serious?  If Mick Cronin is trolling the Scoop looking for a competitive advantage, we pretty much have already won the game.

You beat me to it, Sultan.

I hope anybody with any info stops posting because everybody knows that opposing coaches rely on Internet message boards when crafting game plans.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
Hmmmm.  So, I guess that the "rumor" going around "on campus" about a bar fight that was posted here during the game, was, indeed, completely fabricated, full of s***, and irresponsibly posted on here.  Many thanks to adding your voice into calling these people out.  This one, specifically:   

If what BigDaddy's post is accurate, I am happy the campus rumors are untrue.  However, I am not going to apologize for posting the story being circulated on campus.  This has been debated ad naseum.  I do not think it crossed the line into irresponsibility.  It is a rumor which is by its very nature unsubstantiated.  If you don't like to read rumor/hearsay, then dismiss such posts and move on.  Giving attention to a behavior you dislike will only perpetuate it. 

And I stand by my assessment of Lab being a tool and agree with other poster's calling him out as an "internet tough guy". 

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:28 AM »
Irresponsible?  If you want facts, go read wikipedia.  If you want rumors, hearsay, guesses, etc. welcome to muscoop and every other message board known to man.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
If what BigDaddy's post is accurate, I am happy the campus rumors are untrue.  However, I am not going to apologize for posting the story being circulated on campus.  This has been debated ad naseum.  I do not think it crossed the line into irresponsibility. 

I agree with you that it isn't irresponsible, but I will say that it is interesting how often "campus rumors" have been shown to be completely and utterly false.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
As one who has been a Warrior fan(atic) for over half a century and who lives over 1,000 miles from Milwaukee I genuinely miss the inside type info that had been provided by posters like bma. Being so far distant, I don't have the luxury of listening to the local sportscasts and getting the local "buzz" about the team.

Now, along comes BD who seems to have similar connections and whom I, and others, find credible.  His posts, whether you find his info reliable or not, are entertaining and fill the news gap on the team.  Hope he does not become frustrated and is not "run off" the message board by those self aggrandizing posters who hope to show how smart or important they are by promoting themselves at BD's expense.       

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of why we can't ever have nice things.  You're all a bunch of ruiners.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »
If you want facts, go read wikipedia. 

Jeez, I hope this is not where you or anybody else goes for facts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

RyanConroy

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »

What if BigDaddy were to correctly predict Davante's injury status for the next few games and leak more correct information between now and the NCAA tournament? We're in the Sweet 16 and he's posting that an injured player will or will not play in the elite eight game. Even if there is only a microscopic chance somebody of importance catches wind of the leak, is that a risk you'd be willing to take as an MU fan?

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
You beat me to it, Sultan.

I hope anybody with any info stops posting because everybody knows that opposing coaches rely on Internet message boards when crafting game plans.

No, but coaches will look for any edge possible.  College coaches are nuts.  They won't  base their gameplan on scoop, but will incorporate any info they can find into their plan.  Huggy pulled some info off of the marquette scout boards a few years back and used it in the game.  If I remember correctly...Crean was planning to throw some 1-3-1 zone at WVU to try to steal a possession or two...Huggy had his o prepped for it before the game.  I remember the poster who brought the info up apologizing for it later.
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »
What if BigDaddy were to correctly predict Davante's injury status for the next few games and leak more correct information between now and the NCAA tournament? We're in the Sweet 16 and he's posting that an injured player will or will not play in the elite eight game. Even if there is only a microscopic chance somebody of importance catches wind of the leak, is that a risk you'd be willing to take as an MU fan?

Yes because good coaches will prepare for all scenarios and pay little attention to message board chatter.  Furthermore, since portions of practices are open, and a player would be hobbling around on crutches, it would be fairly obvious that someone is injured and might not play.

Honestly, you are acting like an opposing coach knowing the injury status of a player is a huge deal.  How would Cronin knowing if Gardner is playing be that big of a deal anyway?  He would have to devote about five minutes of practice time adjusting his defense and his offense...and that's about it.

LON

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »

I'd probably stop now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
No, but coaches will look for any edge possible.  College coaches are nuts.  They won't  base their gameplan on scoop, but will incorporate any info they can find into their plan.  Huggy pulled some info off of the marquette scout boards a few years back and used it in the game.  If I remember correctly...Crean was planning to throw some 1-3-1 zone at WVU to try to steal a possession or two...Huggy had his o prepped for it before the game.  I remember the poster who brought the info up apologizing for it later.

Completely different scenario than what we are talking about here.  Here a poster is giving some vaugue comments on the injury status of a player...and everyone knows that Gardner is hurt and may or may not play.  Hell, Dodds posted pretty much the same thing on the Scout board.  

This is much different than giving up a game plan.

LON

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of why we can't ever have nice things.  You're all a bunch of ruiners.

+1

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »

Why, are you the urine tester for Ryan Braun?

Seriously, you are being insanely hyper-sensitive, and it's these types of posts that drive good posters (like bma) away. If MUScoop is where opposing coaches and their assistants like to troll for information on how to beat Marquette, I suspect that Buzz will have the coaching advantage, even if they know Davante isn't (or is) playing. Get over yourself, the guy is trying to offer some information that many of us don't have access to, chastising him for that and acting as though it's some sort of state secret is just silly.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

RyanConroy

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »

Completely different scenario than what we are talking about here.  Here a poster is giving some vaugue comments on the injury status of a player...and everyone knows that Gardner is hurt and may or may not play.  Hell, Dodds posted pretty much the same thing on the Scout board.  

This is much different than giving up a game plan.

Both of your posts have very fair points, but I suppose I'd be more worried about a different scenario (as Tmreddevil pointed out, for example). I don't want harmless leaks to turn into harmful ones. And as I said previously, even harmless leaks can have negative effects within the MUBB program.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
Both of your posts have very fair points, but I suppose I'd be more worried about a different scenario (as Tmreddevil pointed out, for example). I don't want harmless leaks to turn into harmful ones. And as I said previously, even harmless leaks can have negative effects within the MUBB program.

Point made -- thanks.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:09:45 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »