collapse

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mods: Why did I get banned from posting on a thread?  (Read 5575 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Mods: Why did I get banned from posting on a thread?
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
I rarely insult people. I just criticize a kid's play and I get a boot? That's a little weak. Yet people go on record, calling my mom this and that (who is dead) and I still keep my cool.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

🏀

• All American
Re: Mods: Why did I get banned from posting on a thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:47:36 PM »
Probably because you're a one sided douche.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »
usted es una bolsa de ducha.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »

Exactly my point. Way to be tolerate of people you disagree with.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »
Hey, I found the button that fixes this problem.     click
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »
Exactly my point. Way to be tolerate of people you disagree with.

I don't disagree with you. To disagree with someone would imply a matter of opinion.

What you argue is often factually wrong.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
To zfb and marq, why the name calling?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
The thread was locked Erick.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »

Why the hate directed at Vander?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
The thread was locked Erick.

Gotcha. I thought people were still posting and I was booted. No worries then. Note to other posters: I am a MU alum and big fan. I watch as much basketball as the next nut. If I am critical of a player, there is no need to get person guys. No need to bring in moms, gfs, or call people d bags. I am one of those guys that if I spot you at the bar with MU gear on, I'll ask if you watched the game or when you graduated. I might buy you a beer. It's really because I love the school and I think most of the alums are high quality people. Let's try and keep it classy around here.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
People are getting tired of the same crap every post from you, that is why.  Give it a rest.  When you see a Blue thread, refrain from posting for awhile.  Step back and analyze something else.  We get your feelings on Blue. If you have any doubt, we know your comments.  We understood it on post 1, but by post 1286, it has really become old and irritating.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
People are getting tired of the same crap every post from you, that is why.  Give it a rest.  When you see a Blue thread, refrain from posting for awhile.  Step back and analyze something else.  We get your feelings on Blue. If you have any doubt, we know your comments.  We understood it on post 1, but by post 1286, it has really become old and irritating.

+1

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »
Why the hate directed at Vander?

Dude. For the ump-teenth time. I have nothing against the kid. I don't put much into posters talking about his off court stuff. I think he is an extremely poor finisher and bad decision maker. Playing good defense and doing the little things are stuff you commended Coobs for a good game. But Coobs came in as a role player and he wasn't physically or athletically gifted. Blue is. So sorry. I hold him to a higher level than a Acker or Coobs.

That's the only thing I have against him. I want him to be good. After his first basket, I really said, ok, maybe this is the game. But then I start throwing things at my TV. And would have voted the kid for SOG if DJO didn't dominate half the game.

Anyways, just calm down on the personal stuff.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

it was a joke, professor

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »

Couldn't I say the same thing about you? Refrain from talking about how great he was at dunking or bodying up a defender on every Blue thread. It's fine. I am done dogging Blue.

Either way. Still stoked about being #2 in the BE.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
it was a joke, professor

A little teal would have helped.  :)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Buddy, just relax. You get yourself noticed at the consistent hate, spread it out if you're having a hater day. If you focus on one topic, everyone notices.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 04:21:22 PM »
Couldn't I say the same thing about you? Refrain from talking about how great he was at dunking or bodying up a defender on every Blue thread. It's fine. I am done dogging Blue.

Either way. Still stoked about being #2 in the BE.
No, you couldn't.  First, show me one post I made like that.  I don't get gushy about dunking or bodying up a player.  They are fun to watch but other than that, they don't say much.  Today's alley oop was fun to watch.  Didn't tell me anything about his play though.  I do like parts of Vander's game and have defended that - typically against the crap you throw up.  Secondly, I have refrained from getting into the Blue discussions over the past few weeks.  I find them worthless, similar to what I think of your post that created this thread, quite frankly.  Nothing can change your mind on him.  Nothing.  He had a good game today and other than the FT's and one basket, all you had was criticism of his play.  That was absurd and pathetic - and you were called out on it.

But, to this thread.  You asked a question.  I was being honest and trying to help you.  You have become a chico's or murff to the board with your incessant comments about Blue.  Each one is the same.  You should save time and keep it copied and just hit "control v" on your keyboard to save time.  You have added nothing new, and really not much substance.  But keep the shovel if you like.  I suspect you will find similar treatment to your posts going forward.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:27:58 PM by MUMac »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 04:42:01 PM »
What stuck out for me today was that you defended Jamil Wilson's performance yet criticized Vander, even though Vander out-produced JWilson in almost every statistical category in HALF the minutes:

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A  REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Vander Blue  16   2-5      0-0     5-6       7    2     1    0    1    0   9
Jamil Wilson 30   4-12    0-0     4-4       4    0     1     3    1   4   12

Vander shot a higher FG percentage and got more Rebounds and Assists, yet his performance was deemed "average" by you while you defend Jamil.  This doesn't even touch on the fact that Vander sealed the victory by hitting those 4 FT's.

To a lot of us, this reeks of lack of knowledge or lack of perspective or a bias against Vander.  You claim you have no bias against him...yet your posts contradict that claim.   

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
FYI, the thread was locked, so "everyone" was banned from the thread, not just you. 

But the lock is dedicated to you, though.   

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
FYI, the thread was locked, so "everyone" was banned from the thread, not just you. 

But the lock is dedicated to you, though.   

topper, can i get unbanned from the chat.  I thought ChicosBailsBongs was funny.   :D

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »

So are you at times.   ;D    We all are.   

Erick just isn't in the tank as you are, thus he's a douche?  The douche label comes out very quickly here if any comment is made about a current player or coach.  Now, if it's a former players or coach, well douchiness is encouraged.   ::)
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

JD

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 06:58:34 PM »
Erik, slowly grab the string and remove.  Are you really questioning why people are pissed off at you and why you were banned?  It looks pretty apparent to me if you go read the "wonderful" Blue thread you started. 

Calling vander a bad person and attacking him personally (at least I think it was you) is classless and laughable.  Yet you want to cry because we're making fun of your mother, fish, dog, uncles wife, etc.

Get real "douche"
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »
Douche?  Pretty harsh there Chief.