[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who do you want to win the big game in Madtown tonight?

I hope the team coached by our formerly beloved coach wins.
17 (12.1%)
I hope the team coached by the grinch wins.
76 (54.3%)
neither, I hope a meteor leaves a smoldering crater where the Kohl center once was.
47 (33.6%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author Topic: Who do we want to win tonight?  (Read 8934 times)

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Who do we want to win tonight?
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
I choose option 2 as it could help our rpi and sos a bit.   

robmufan

• All American
Re: Who do we want to win tonight?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
If a meteor can adapt to the dinosaurs, then im sure it will adapt and move away from the slow pace of the B1G

in other words, who cares...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »

I chose option 3, but on the off chance that doesn't happen, I would grudgingly go with option 2 for the reason you state.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
Yeah, option 3, but option 2 is perfectly acceptable.

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
ON Wisconsin

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »
I chose option 3, but on the off chance that doesn't happen, I would grudgingly go with option 2 for the reason you state.

No more Kohl center means no more MU victories with sour faced Bucky fans.  No!  we must protect the Kohl Center!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »

This.

We already beat Wisconsin, so this would be gravy.
SS Marquette

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
I'll be rooting against the team in red. ;)

Honestly we need to be Badger fans.  So far this is our marque road win and we need Bucky to stay in the top 25 and the Kohl to stay a place where other ranked teams lose.   

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »
I voted for the meteor. But I guess it's in our interest to root for Wisc. A choice between two very bad options, though.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »
Not only do I hope Bucky uck fays the feces outta them Hooisers, but a little Nair in the visiting head coach's shampoo along with some bad Mexican for a pre-game meal will send him tootin' all the way back to Bloomington.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
FORWARD!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »
Clearly, you root for Crean.

The more he wins, the better it looks for the decision-makers at Marquette.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

+1

If you're rooting for Wisconsin then you're no better than the terrorists that piloted the planes on 9/11

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »
I voted for option 2, but I now feel unclean.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
Def the biggest chin in MU history.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
Posted that in the wrong thread. But you know who i'm talking about...... DJO and theres no sports science behind it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »

Crean being a huge success at IU would make Bill Cords look better? Perhaps a little, but why should anyone here care about that?

To me, if he wins big at IU it re-enforces that idea that MU is a stepping stone program. If he struggles or merely achieves similar results to what he accomplished at Marquette, it helps dispel that idea and makes our program (not just some ex AD) look better. Not to mention the fact that TC's a total douche.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
Crean being a huge success at IU would make Bill Cords look better? Perhaps a little, but why should anyone here care about that?

To me, if he wins big at IU it re-enforces that idea that MU is a stepping stone program. If he struggles or merely achieves similar results to what he accomplished at Marquette, it helps dispel that idea and makes our program (not just some ex AD) look better. Not to mention the fact that TC's a total douche.

Really no better way to put it.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »
Right on LT - Badger fan tonight.

JD

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
We can all look at the brighter side of this right?

Crean loses we finally can all say WITHOUT A DOUBT he made the wrong decision

Bo loses, we'll that's good anytime!

#BadgerHATER

8-)
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:29 PM »

Crean winning puts more emphasis on where he started. That's a net positive for Marquette, Cords, and Wild. Wanting a former coach to do well is no more incongruous to present day circumstances then cheering for Wisconsin to win, or subtlety rooting against a former transfer's playing success, or any other seemingly asinine occurrence that will make Marquette look like a "stepping stone", which people here indulge in daily.

Many fans are born, raised, and reside in Wisconsin. I think the majority of them are afflicted with an inferiority complex. Not one second of any non-Wisconsin person's knowledge of Crean coaching at Marquette deals with it being a "stepping stone" program. His success and/or failure has no bearing on that branding and claiming it does is misguided.

JD

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 07:41:03 PM »
Not to turn this into a Tom Crean thread, but I'd like to voice a few opinions.

I forever will appreciate what Tommy did for MU.  Crean brought light to our program arguably since Al back in the 70's.  In 99 Marquette was in the basement cellar and not even looking at the NIT.  Because of Crean we have the Al McGuire Center, we got to witness basketball greats like Travis Diener, Dwyane Wade, Wes Matthews, Dom James, Steve Novak, etc.  I've notice on the thread i presented "Favorite MU player" a lot of these guys are on that list. Let us not forget because of Dwyane Wade we are one of the few teams in the nation to be sponsored by Michael Jordan. (which I'm sure can be appealing to recruits)   

So I for one will be cheering against Becky, I will always hate Wisconsin, and will not cheer for a team just to make MU look better.  We have the talent where we do not need to scoreboard watch, and I feel we can win the BEAST this year.

Go IU 

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
Crean winning puts more emphasis on where he started. That's a net positive for Marquette, Cords, and Wild. Wanting a former coach to do well is no more incongruous to present day circumstances then cheering for Wisconsin to win, or subtlety rooting against a former transfer's playing success, or any other seemingly asinine occurrence that will make Marquette look like a "stepping stone", which people here indulge in daily.

Many fans are born, raised, and reside in Wisconsin. I think the majority of them are afflicted with an inferiority complex. Not one second of any non-Wisconsin person's knowledge of Crean coaching at Marquette deals with it being a "stepping stone" program. His success and/or failure has no bearing on that branding and claiming it does is misguided.

Not so sure about that.  Todd Lickliter's epic flame out at Iowa while Brad Stevens subsequently took Butler to new heights puts that program in a new tier of the pecking order without a doubt.  If a similar thing happens with Crean/Buzz at any level, with the added benefit of MU being a high major, our program will take an even bigger step than Butler ever could.  That's something I'd like to see.  I doubt it will with the incoming classes at IU, but a guy can dream, right?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

The majority of the fans born, raised and living in Wisconsin have inferiority complexes? Based on what studies, Doc? Wow.

I was neither born nor raised in Wisconsin. The only time I lived there was my 4 years at MU. And I absolutely think if TC becomes the next Bobby Knight at IU after winning 5 NCAA games in 9 years at MU (4 of them in one year) it means MU was a stepping stone job. I think that because it's logical. Try it, you may like it.

feedback