[March 18, 2024, 11:51:09 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 3/11/2024?  (Read 1000378 times)

Windyplayer

• All American

LoudMouth

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/12/18
« Reply #1001 on: November 14, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
Lol...nope

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: November 14, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »
Unranked.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #1003 on: November 14, 2018, 10:24:13 PM »
Cut this threat off.. players see a number next to the schools name and think theyre all that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: November 15, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
Just rank.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1005 on: November 15, 2018, 09:09:01 AM »
I've always hated this thread. Whenever it gets resurrected we seem to lose.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: November 15, 2018, 09:19:29 AM »
TAMU

As I have stated to you many times, I respect your excitement over the program and knowledge you bring to the site. This is one post that I think you are better than. I want a program that has a "what are going to be ranked" thread. Furthermore, I want it to be a debate that includes high ranking in the polls.

Like it or not, there remains a great deal of work ahead for this program. From my perspective, the talent level just is not there, especially at the guard position. As I stated in another post, I think there are a lot of nice complimentary players that would be well on a very good team. If Wojo can coach, he can make something out of this group. If not, there will be more disappointing moments this season.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: November 15, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
Goose,

Let's see what next Wednesday brings us.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »
TAMU

As I have stated to you many times, I respect your excitement over the program and knowledge you bring to the site. This is one post that I think you are better than. I want a program that has a "what are going to be ranked" thread. Furthermore, I want it to be a debate that includes high ranking in the polls.

Like it or not, there remains a great deal of work ahead for this program. From my perspective, the talent level just is not there, especially at the guard position. As I stated in another post, I think there are a lot of nice complimentary players that would be well on a very good team. If Wojo can coach, he can make something out of this group. If not, there will be more disappointing moments this season.

Goose,

If you think that's what I meant by my post I don't know what to tell you.
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: November 15, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
real

I am not jumping ship on the season and my expectations remain at same level as they were a year ago when "next season" was the rally cry on here. I expected, and expect, similar results that we have seen the last couple of years.

I will add, there is nothing that would make happier (in my sports fandom life) than the expectations of others to be met. One season in my life I rooted against MU and that was the Dukiet's swan song. By no stretch, am I hoping for a bust of a year. Said it last year and will say it again, I hope that all that high hopes for this season end up being spot on.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #1010 on: November 19, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »
Still receiving 7 votes. We can jump right back in with a win Wednesday.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1011 on: November 19, 2018, 12:07:49 PM »
Guys, we are going to get smoked on Wednesday.  Don't even bother getting yourself excited about a W. 

I am going to watch and root like hell for a W, and obviously hope it happens.  But we're talking 10% or less chance.  This team has not looked good at all and we're playing likely the best all around team in the country.  Its not going to go well. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1012 on: November 19, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »
Guys, we are going to get smoked on Wednesday.  Don't even bother getting yourself excited about a W. 

I am going to watch and root like hell for a W, and obviously hope it happens.  But we're talking 10% or less chance.  This team has not looked good at all and we're playing likely the best all around team in the country.  Its not going to go well.

Do you think we play the same way we did against IU?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1013 on: November 19, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »

Probably. If both teams play an average game we will lose by double digits. But that's why we play the games. If we play one of our best games, they play one of their worst, or some combo of the two we can win.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1014 on: November 19, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »
MU received 8 and 7 points respectively in this weeks  AP and Coaches poll. So a few voters gave MU the benefit of the doubt on the road loss in a tough venue.

I am hoping that the  NY area MU fan base shows up at Barclay , could give the team a boost this week.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: November 19, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
It was written...

“With numerous challenging games (more than half of MU’s regular season games will be against teams in or receiving votes in the preseason AP top 25), we see the season playing out in one of two ways.

The Warriors could pick up a few losses to very good teams early on, delaying their recognition by the masses and having some fans expressing needless concern. In this scenario, we still believe by the end of the regular season MU will be set for a strong postseason run and will be seen as a dangerous and “underrated” team heading into the tournament.”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: November 19, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
Herman and others,

Is MU ranked again this season?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: November 19, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
Herman and others,

Yes.
Jan 14th.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1018 on: November 19, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
It was written...

“With numerous challenging games (more than half of MU’s regular season games will be against teams in or receiving votes in the preseason AP top 25), we see the season playing out in one of two ways.

The Warriors could pick up a few losses to very good teams early on, delaying their recognition by the masses and having some fans expressing needless concern. In this scenario, we still believe by the end of the regular season MU will be set for a strong postseason run and will be seen as a dangerous and “underrated” team heading into the tournament.”

I am not really concerned about the L persay, I am worried that this team has looked terribly disjointed and frankly super unimpressive.

Sorry to be negative - I rarely am when it comes to MU hoops - but I just expected more this season.  I am wholly unimpressed 4 games in.  I still think this is a tournament team, but I don't see a top 15 type team I thought we'd be getting.  Seems to me we're going to rely on Markus shooting the lights out to win big games.  That is not a good thing to have to rely on to win. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1019 on: November 19, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »
Herman and others,

Yes.
What is your answer to this Question?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: November 19, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »

I am sure the University of Maryland Baltimore County faithful (all six of them) said exactly the same thing last March. I believe they were up against the Number 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament.

I'm sure many of the faithful of Loyola University of Chicago also said exactly the same thing. They were up against the field in the NCAA. Had they not won the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, Sister Jean would have been a woman who wasn't known much past Sheridan on the south, Broadway on the west, the city limits on the north and Lake Michigan on the east. We all know how that turned out.

I'm sure many of the faithful said the same thing a couple of years back when the Villanova Wildcats confidently rode into Wisconsin's largest city thinking they had a pesky but eminently beatable basketball foe that requirement vanquishment. Nobody on this board has any doubt about how THAT one turned out.

Finally, there was the little Jesuit school that barely made the NCAA tournament years ago. The school had lost several of its end-of-the-season games and, up to that time, had one of the worst records ever for an at-large bid into the NCAA. It happened only because the school was leading Michigan at halftime (a game it would go on to lose) and its colorful head coach was retiring. NO ONE and I mean NO One on that Sunday afternoon would have dreamed that just a few weeks later, that school would be national champions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:49:08 PM by dgies9156 »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1021 on: November 19, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
I am sure the University of Maryland Baltimore County faithful (all six of them) said exactly the same thing last March. I believe they were up against the Number 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament.

I'm sure many of the faithful of Loyola University of Chicago also said exactly the same thing. They were up against the field in the NCAA. Had they not won the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, Sister Jean would have been a woman who wasn't known much past Sheridan on the south, Broadway on the west, the city limits on the north and Lake Michigan on the east. We all know how that turned out.

I'm sure many of the faithful said the same thing a couple of years back when the Villanova Wildcats confidently rode into Wisconsin's largest city thinking they had a pesky but eminently beatable basketball foe that requirement vanquishment. Nobody on this board has any doubt about how THAT one turned out.

Finally, there was the little Jesuit school that barely made the NCAA tournament years ago. The school had lost several of its end-of-the-season games and, up to that time, had one of the worst records ever for an at-large bid into the NCAA It happened only because the school was leading Michigan at halftime (a game it would go on to lose) and its colorful head coach was retiring. NO ONE and I mean NO One on that Sunday afternoon would have dreamed that just a few weeks later, that school would be national champions.

So now we're on par with UMBC and/or Loyola? That's a bit depressing 2 weeks into the best season this program was supposed to have had in over half a decade. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: November 19, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
Loose

I would say, I doubt that we will be ranked again this season. If NC schedule turns out poorly, it would need a nice winning streak to right the ship.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1023 on: November 19, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
Loose

I would say, I doubt that we will be ranked again this season. If NC schedule turns out poorly, it would need a nice winning streak to right the ship.

OK thanks, that sounds like a qualified No.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: November 19, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »
Yes.
Jan 14th.

Barring a massive upset in NYC this week, this looks like a very good bet

feedback